"Poo in Nvidia's Loo" Raja Koduri

>"Poo in Nvidia's Loo" Raja Koduri
>Jim "BTFOed Intel once and can do it again" Keller
>Lisa "Stop the Jew" Su
>Amada "Wont be a Nvidiot's waifu" Kokoro

How can Nvidia and Intel even compete with team AMD?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=29654709&postcount=4822
store.steampowered.com/search/#vrsupport=101
store.steampowered.com/app/450390/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_1
store.steampowered.com/search/#sort_by=_ASC&vrsupport=101,201&page=1
cpubenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp[]=2793&cmp[]=2623
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Check 'em

Intel spends more on research and development than AMD makes in revenue.

>how can AMD even compete
>Zen will be a bulldozer level flop

Jim Keller btfo of Intel once and he can do it again.

>this is what amdrones actually believe

R&D doesnt matter when theyre spending it on shit like RealSense. Plus the ARM meme is making them concentrate more on muh efficiency

AMD is the only savior left for the performance desktop

You know Keller left AMD in Sept 2015

Even if they spent 90% of their R&D on bullshit, it would still put them ahead of AMD when it comes to R&D spending.
AMD spent 937 million on R&D , of course a portion of that also goes towards graphics cards and other shit.
Intel spent 12.1 billion on R&D.

Keller left once his job was done. He already laid the plans to make AMD great again

You can spend all the money you want. Jim Keller can still build a better CPU chip.

>Nvidia and Intel even compete with team AMD?
The GTX1080 was just a warmup son, the big boy has yet to be released

>Keller left once his job was done. He already laid the plans to make AMD great again
Keller/AMD 2016

Please put a tripcode on so we can laugh at you when Zen finally releases and it ends up being the same tired amd shit

>shit at single threaded tasks, good at encoding and rendering

What competition? Intel and Nvidia have been in full on victory lap mode for a while now. Every once in a while they're caught napping, but that just goes to show how out of the game AMD normally is, that being, they have no way to win unless the other guy screws up.

>40% IPC improvement over Excavator
Cant wait for Haswell-E performance at half the price, faggot.

>40% improvement over that shit pile
Oh you're seriously talking about those budget cpus (sorry APU) that cost under $100
That dog pile APU barely delivered sandy bridge level performance, and you think a 40% rise will somehow put it in line with haswell-e ?

Based Jimmy "The Intel Killer" Keller

Zen will be faster than braodwell e 10 core.

Zen base clock is 4.7ghz

>Muh clockspeed
why do AMDrones love housefires so much?

Proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Same reason they love their 200W+ CPU only to poiunt and laugh at Intel/Nvidia for their "house fires".

By making high-end components for actual enthusiasts where they have no competition?

>actual enthusiasts

>a new generation of cards is faster and cheaper than the competitors cards that are a year and a half old now
WOAH. You know the gtx 1070 has Titan X performance for ~$400? What a fucking steal!*

*Compared to 18 months ago

Seriously, if the same ratio of performance between the 970 and 960 exists between the 1070 and the 1060, the 1060 (or whatever fills the spot of it, like a 1060ti or something) will be on par with the rx 480. The only advantages AMD has is launching first and probably price, but that remains to be seen.

Yes, enthusiasts. People who want the best performance they can get.

Love it or hate it, the 1080 is king until 1080ti and/or Vega comes out in 2017.

Buying a 480 instead of a 1070 is like buying two donkeys instead of a mule.

Harder to drive and require four times the resources for less performance.

Keller left AMD months ago

AMD is my best friend for cold winter's

On the plus side, all the AMD fags will stop doing ITX builds and so Intel/Nvidia will once again rule the SFF area.

>twice the resources when Rx480 uses 150w
>trollface

Thats two outdated memes right there, one more and you're out

>last gen performance... BUT FOR CHEAPER!
Given how many people already have last gen cards, AMD is going to have to find a lot of first time buyers. In fact they outright said this at their rx 480 reveal when they said they wanted the next how ever many million or so gamers to be PC gamers, theyre clearly targeting first time buyers. AMD probably did do a good job with their architecture, but I'm still worried about their business decisions. Like they already let Keller go so if Zen is a success, they're still fucked when it comes to whatever they make after Zen. Also HBM2 is more expensive than GDDR5 that Nvidia is using for everything on the 1070 and below, so Vega *might* not have the same price/performance advantage in the mid range that Polaris has for the low end.

People getting so invested and cheering for big calculators brands make me pretty sad

AMD partnered with samsung... and afaiu, samsung is as advanced, if not MORE advanced, than intel. and has more future, too, kek

He gave AMD a look at his ancient alien scriptures on how to build a cpu and left when he was no longer needed

EVERYONE is partnered with Samsung, including Intel

that means nothing

this. but that's what marketing does to people...

also see: NSA JTRIG

Gotta get in on that "my team is best, yours is trash" mob mentality.

A card is just a card, folks. Buy the best thing in your price range, and leave the fanboyism to the children.

This.

That meme is not going to hold up any more.

But lets be honest here, Nvidia is just always better

they have better support in any application you use them for, even if you pay an extra premium.

Nvidia would canibalize their GTX1070 sales if they position the GTX1060 anywhere near the RX480 in price and performance. That means that they would be sacrificing $150+ in profit for each sale. On purpose. I know that you fangirls are pretty dense, but even you can't be so stupid as to think that Nvidia would do this.

Nvidia is in a very precarious position right now. They've been knocked out of the mobile market, Xeon Phi is eating their lunch, their IP licensing deal with Intel is closing down, they've been caught with their pants down in the consumer GPU front by Mantle which led to DX12 and Vulkan, and they've foolishly ceded the console market, which is dictating the direction of PC gaming. Their desperation should be obvious by their rushed 1080/1070 launch. While those cards seem impressive, their release looks like a desparate attempt to grab as much cash as they can in the short term in order to keep them afloat in the shitfest that's heading their way.

If you're holding NV stocks, get out while you can.

1070 = 980ti

480 = 980

That's a 30% gap.

Let me know when they make a GPU that can handle VR, 1440p 144hz, 2160p 60hz. No one gives a fuck bout budget gaming on PC cept third world faggots.

>being this much of a jew

The 480 was above the 980ti to in some benchmarks pham.

>accuse someone else of being a fangirl
>while being an obvious AMD fangirl
Look, I want AMD to succeed. I'm just worried about their strategy, what if there aren't as many prospective first time buyers as they think?

>Being this much of a poorfag.

I enjoy fun and good visuals, sorry you're stuck on a toaster that you can only play games filled with BRHUEHUEHUE on.

Let me know when nVidia makes one as well. If you think a single 1080 can handle 2160p 60hz VR you're delusional.

Also,
> VR
> mattering
> in 2016
k

>troll face
Back to 9gag you go

>This guy doesn't know what fun is.

Why are you even on this board if you're not about the latest tech user? You still use a flip phone too, faggot?

AMD>Polaris $199 Price Point
AMD>Mantel>Vulkan>All OS including Android
AMD>Soc(SystemOnChip)>XBOX/PS Neo
AMD>FreeSync>Will be standard on next gen XBOX/PS Neo
AMD>FreeSync>More Manufactures than GSync
AMD>GPU-PRO Drivers for Linux better gaming on Linux and Steam OS
AMD>GPU-OPEN>Write code once for PC, XBOX, PS and Linux

AMD is trying to create and entire eco system.

in some fake ass benchmarks senpai

there have literally been zero legit benches

the closest thing we have to anyone credible breaking NDA is comments like this:

forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=29654709&postcount=4822

> he needs to drop thousands of dollars in hardware to have fun
Fun's subjective, friend-o. I had more fun playing Ori and the Blind Forest than I have in any AAA game in the last two years or so.

> AMD is trying to create and entire eco system
Ching chong AMD whatserface lady DID use the term 'ecosystem' about 12 times in 20 seconds at their Computex launch, I guess.

AMD literally got BTFO from pc market both GPU and CPU wise so they had to start making laptop/console tier trash components. What do you mean?

>He brings up AAA games when responding to a post about VR

Are you literally autistic?

Those are fake, I made them. I been bumping the speed up every day.

then go buy an NES and shut the fuck up

> he completely skips my point about fun being subjective because he knows he doesn't have a counter
Nice

The 4094 bench is also some Korean shoop replacing titan x with 480.

Make me, you buttblasted sooky la la homo. I still enjoy current titles, but I don't need to run every single fucking thing at 4K/144Hz to enjoy it. Crysis 3 at 1080p/60Hz on Medium still looks stunning.

>That pic
Holy shit there's literally zero reason for the continued existence of Nvidiots, mass suicide is the only logical choice for them.

You can't even stay on topic, so why do you think your posts deserve real responses?

>VR
>Thinks it costs thousands
>VR
>AAA titles? Lolno.

This is a technology board, if you do not have an interest in new hardware, software, in general, technology fuck right back off to Sup Forums. Bet you don't even own a drone, any kind of solar device, shit do you even own a real camera? Do any programming? Fuck even if you make some shitty games with unreal/unity/etc.

Do you belong on this board? I'm thinking no.

Yes after he did that I started bumping the chart to show people how all this chart stuff is stupid. Wait for the benches on the 29th, but they come here going all crazy on a fake bench.

>buy Super High end card
>gets outdated within a year

>buy midrange card
>gets outdated within a year

Whats the point of getting those GTX Titty ZZs and Furry Xs when its gonna get fucked over by something like Async or DirectX13? New tech always beats raw power.

> only new technology is good technology
Righto mate.

I don't own a drone, I don't own any solar device, I don't own a real camera (although I do use one almost daily for work), and I don't do programming.

And you'll never be rid of me, or people like me. I'm always going to be around on your board, and you'll rage and kick and scream and tell me to go back to Sup Forums and you'll never understand that you never have any power to make me do that, and all you can do is try to not and have an aneurysm as you see the fourth 'So Sup Forums, what GAMING LAPTOP should I buy' thread of the day appear in the catalog and get over 250 replies.

You'll never be free of people who only like technology as a part-time hobby instead of a full-time commitment, no matter how much you'd like to be. The mods will never save you, and no matter where you relocate to, you'll be found. All you can do is grind your teeth and try to push through the shit, knowing that all the noise and fuss you make doesn't do anything.

Technology is no longer the domain of only the power users. It now belongs to everyone. And that terrifies you. The reasons that used to make you special are slowly shrinking and the ground is slipping away beneath your feet.

I've never made a more autistic post in my life, and I probably never will again. I don't care. I had fun writing this out.

Stay mad, elitist. I'll be watching.

Not these.
The older ones from some Chinese sites.

>within a year
The 900 series cards are 18 months old now, and the 970 and above are still viable options for the vast majority of games.

Tbh it's better that technology actually keeps moving forward instead of being stagnant.

It's not really elitist when you pretty much just admit you don't really belong on this board. There are other boards more geared to your interests, user.

And I'm not sure how anything said implied any of us here are only interested in new tech. Half of Sup Forums owns old school CRTs, vintage audio gear, IBM thinkpads etcetc. And yeah that post was pretty autism riddled.

I belong on this board because I am interested in tech as a hobby. I don't know everything about everything, because nobody does, but topics are discussed on here that I find interesting. Sup Forums is not the ONLY board I go to, as of course I visit other boards regarding my other interests.

It was also said
> if you do not have an interest in new hardware, software, in general, technology fuck right back off to Sup Forums
The fact that 'new' hardware, software and tech was explicitly implied that older tech isn't welcome here.

Not as much as they were before when GimpWorks was going strong with TW3

>The fact that 'new' hardware, software and tech was explicitly implied that older tech isn't welcome here.
If that's how you want to interpret that one line, that's up to you. I think most of us are excited about a lot of new tech in general, I can't really think of many people here who wouldn't be as that is a big part of the 'hobby'.

The problem I think is more, you're shunning any aspect of technology. Why? I mean, sure shit on a company for poor business practices but the actual technological advancements in any field? That's why we're all here user and that is the point I think you're missing. Note you're also posting in a thread about a new GPU, as you obviously are interested in that 'new shit'.

Doesn't mean you can't like the old shit as well.

For the first time in years, falcon posted a moderately intelligent, albeit generic and uninspired, complete thought
Someone archive this thread so he can get a job maybe

It's less how I interpreted it and more how it was written. If he (you?) meant all tech, just drop the 'new'.

I'm also excited about new tech. I'm interested to see how VR develops and how it's used both in a commercial and private market, I try my best not to be swayed by shills, and I'm excited for both AMDs and Nvidia's new GPUs (and AMDs CPU/APUs). I learned today that China BTFO of America with their new supercomputer with Chinese-made parts. That was cool.

I'm not on the bleeding edge of technology, and I don't know three coding languages or how to emacs is different to vim (or indeed, what they even are). That doesn't matter to me, because I simply just don't go to the threads that are about those topics.

I'm not shunning VR. I'm saying VR isn't the be-all and end-all of fun. It's possible to have plenty of fun without VR, and while it certainly might be enjoyable, I don't feel like I'm losing a life-changing experience by not trying it out RIGHT NOW.

I never said I wasn't excited about tech. I said my enjoyment of a medium (games) isn't tied to the latest and greatest tech releases.

i hope you guys realize that literal nvidia shills have been "leaking" all of these wild benchmarks. notice how they keep getting higher and higher? they are purposely creating unrealistic expectations so that people are disappointed when the 480 performs around 980/390 level.

youll see very soon when the NDA lifts. there will be a flood of shitposts. will be hilarious.

helo i m nvidiad worker from abullabullalalallaeeayayayaabahd, India. I can confirm that AMD rx 480 will destroy nvida 1080. our plant manager just commited suicide. i am bout to eat bulit now.

hail nvdai

>muh VR
>literally two games supporting it, both are retarded space pew pew where you sit in a fucking meme cockpit

I'm not fucking impressed, bro.

store.steampowered.com/search/#vrsupport=101

that's just Vive

I gotta say, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes would be a great game to pull out after everyone's had a few drinks.

i have a setup where i have a designated VR area that has a large TV to mirror audio/video to and it's really fun to have people over and take turns looking ridiculous playing VR.

VR is actually better socially than it is alone. a lot of ppl want to just play regular videogames but with an HMD but imo they are missing what the real strengths are.

>_>

when user accidentally reveals just how uninformed on day-to-day topics he is while he posts in the /technology/ board

VR is definitely here. multiple consumer headsets, less than 2k entry fee, soon to be less than 1k with PSVR on october 1st. P$4 has an install base of 36 million, you're a retarded idiot if you think they won't make VR mainstream if Ocushit and Valve don't. it ain't no bullshit kiddo. spend half a second googling the slew of titles being developed for all these platforms and shit your pants.

>"buh guh VR" in 2016 gets you outed for being a stupid shit, not lauded for being a "realist."

Not him, but I'm probably gonna wait several years before I start seriously looking into VR. Don't get me wrong, it's interesting and it's cool as fuck as to what they're doing, but I think it's still very much a niche market, and will continue to be so for the next couple of years.

I've been proved wrong before then. Nothing to do but see how it all pans out.

or even better he should just roll his fatass out the door to a microcenter or best buy or anywhere else that has vive demos going on

ive never had a single person try vive and say "meh" and there is no good way to describe to someone what it is like, you have to physically stick your face in one to "get" it

Ok even if it's not a game and it's just fart-assing around doing a whole lot of not much, this looks pretty cool.

store.steampowered.com/app/450390/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_1

the Rift and Vive definitely are still early adopter tech and gen2 will be a big jump over them, but with a kajillion GearVRs and soon to be a kajillion PSVRs out there it will go mainstream very, very soon.

The Lab is actually a collection of small games based off of Valve's VR experiments. Some of them are really, really cool. You can kind of think of it as a "Wiisports of VR" type deal minus the sports. Plus it's free and they keep updating it and adding new shit.

Sounds decent. Not decent enough for me to spend a thousand-plus AUD or whatever, but decent enough that I'd give it a crack if it was offered.

Honestly, I'd be happy with something like Time Crisis. I played the FUCK out of that, both in the arcade and on the PS1. Ditto for Point Blank on PS1

That is fine and I respect your opinion and I actually think its the smart choice for most people right now, but to go on the internet and spout blatant lies like 1080 can't do current-gen VR...it only has 2 (two) titles...etc... you gonna' get informed.

>That dog pile APU barely delivered sandy bridge level performance
That's a good thing
Shitlake isn't 40% above sandy bridge PER CORE. 8 core skylake for the same price asa 6800k. I'd take it any day over a 6 year rebrand.
More isn't everything. Also, where are there noticeable performance difference from oc 2500k outside of synthetics?
It's only good if it's Nvidia-Nvidiots
>970
>3.5
>Hyper settings
Nope

>hyper settings
A card isn't obsolete because it can't max out games, it's obsolete when most games aren't playable at all. The 970 is the most popular card on Steam and new games are going to account for that for a while.

>King for less than a year

You don't need a Vive for most of those games, nor would you even use anything other than the headset.

Yeah, welcome to flagships. That's how it works.

Then filter for tracked controllers.

store.steampowered.com/search/#sort_by=_ASC&vrsupport=101,201&page=1

207 results instead of 247

What would define playable? >60fps, >30fps
At what settings? Ultra,Very High, High ,Medium Low? Mixture of Settings?

The Bristol Ridge APUs are already faster than Skylake with the same clockspeed and TDP.

cpubenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp[]=2793&cmp[]=2623

Medium settings, 60fps.

desu I'm more hyped by whatever Keller does in the future
He's a fucking madman, I can't even imagine what will flourish from his new work at Tesla
It's kind of sad that Bulldozer will never get any glory, it's bad execution at the start tarnished it's name just like what happened to the P4's

Intel has 15% better ipc. That means that 1135*
1.4=1590 which is around 860k in single thread that requires 3.7ghz just to match Zen at 2.4ghz. This will be a good year.

But Intel still dominates the SFF area, at least for the enthusiast market