1303 days of extended support remaining

>1303 days of extended support remaining

Why aren't you using windows 7, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

money.cnn.com/2014/03/04/technology/security/atm-windows-xp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Most smart people are
/thread

>inb4 the next W7 service pack is really just W10 with every instance of the number 10 changed to 7

Using abandonware OS is considered smart? wew

When abandonware is better than the newest version, yes it is.

i don't give a fucking shit.
I didn't even have the update of windows 7 ( beside one for rainmeter )
and all my shit work.
So kek

lol I can't believe there are still people using old hipster shit like 7 in 2016. Why wouldn't you use Windows 10? It's completely free and a big improvement over the already great predecessors. Just try it out you fools. Windows 10 has gone a long way since the beta. It has the highest adoption rate of any Windows version ever for a reason. It also takes less than 1 hour and you can always go back to Windows 7 or 8 with no strings attached.

10 rupees as a bonus because your English is improving Pajeet.

>for a reason
And we all know what that reason is. It's forced updates.

you always say that freetard

Good thing it isn't then

i tryed it
i puke'd

>Using abandonware OS is considered smart? wew
Most banks are still using XP. Most banks have all our money. Time to reexamine the definition of smart.

Speak for yourself. I upgraded because it's free and so far it's really great OS. Faster and more secure.
Enjoy you deprecated meme.

>Speak for yourself. I upgraded because it's free
Not everything is about you user.
Win10 only has forced updates to thank for its high adoption.

How can it be more secure when it has more attack vectors due to all the telemetry.

>listening to freetard FUD

7 is literally a worse version of vista sp1 and 8 is faster and generally better anyways

Win10 has been given away for free. You don't do that unless you have an alternative way to make money.

>islamic communism tier countries are the biggest users of loonix

Be smart, use Windows. Don't support communism.

>we have those sweeping generalizations in our EULA that say we can fuck you any way we want, but don't worry - here is a meaningless web page that says none of this is going to be used against you!

kek
It's the dumb store nobody uses. Think about it. 8 had it too. That's why it had the discount. Thankfully nobody used it anyway.

Five more rupees rajesh. You are doing a great job today. Keep up the good work.

top jej

>suomi mainittu
torilla tavataan

How about you list some things ghat make windows 7 better than 10?

Hi guys

Kys

>Most banks are still using XP.
Citation needed.

95% of ATM """""""""""""'machines""""""""""""""""" hadn't upgraded from windows XP as of 2016.

money.cnn.com/2014/03/04/technology/security/atm-windows-xp/

I mean as of 2014

What should they upgrade to? 8 with metro interface? Kek

Free? Selling your soul to Microsoft and using closed source non free software. No way

jesus that has got to be the worst installer ever

It was designed by bunch of pajeets.

Because I have linux gentoo and linux gentoo is better

Microsoft really only makes their money from selling licences to businesses and institutions. We have always been their beta testers

Because POSReady2009, a variant of XP (the most superior OS and last good one by MS), is still supported.

This is an acceptable answer.

But I am

Daily reminder that Microsoft pays NVIDIA and AMD to to gimp their graphics drivers for Windows 7 and 8.1 to incentivize users to """upgrade""".

>VM

Gaylord

Windows 10 isn't free. It was given as a free upgrade to people who had a valid windows 7, 8, or 8.1 license on a retail or OEM edition, only as a digital entitlement against the motherboard that's not portable.

You build a new PC, you have to buy a license or use an existing windows 7 or 8 retail license on the computer.
You buy a new PC, the OEM purchases a Windows license on your behalf.

As far as why the upgrade was made free: The benefits of new operating systems are no longer so vast that people are lining up en masse outside stores to buy retail upgrade editions anymore, and they need to get everyone on versions of Windows with the store for the unified Windows phone/windows desktop/xbox one platform with apps to work.

Pull down your panties, my cock is hard XDD

Good work Pajeet! I see your english classes have paid off. Here is a big red rupee as payment for all the time you spend shilling.

>abandonware

>still supported

Uhhuh

I want to play old games. That's all my W7 partition is for, really. If W10 was lighter and had better support for old stuff, I'd probably upgrade to that.

10 dollars have been deposited into your account, Mr. Pajeet

Because its going to be harder to use on newer hardware. Vendors wont be supporting those old versions on the newer laptops shipping with win10, You guys arent going to be able to buy new laptops and downgrade them to 7.

Because W10 Enterprise is better.

But I am using it :3

i'm using windows 7 sp1 home premium now, but I think I am gonna do the free upgrade soon, for two reasons.

One is dx12. The other is the 16GB ram limit on win7 home premium. Ram is so cheap now that the limit is oppressive.

It doesn't have an interface that looks like a retarded three year old made it

I run 7 on a dell XPS 15. Scaling is even better on 7 than on 10, as you can choose between the older (better text, possibly buggy on some programs, though it worked on everything tha I tried without any problem) or newer (blurry text, presumably better compatibility) version.

>YFW Banks are still using cobol and fortran and hiring people that major in them because there's so much information already built around it it's cheaper to do it like that.

>Don't spend it all in one place!

Im running 10 on an old dell d630 and its basically like a brand new laptop. Runs way faster than 7 ever did on it.

people said the same thing about windows 7 on this very board, proclaiming XP for life and all sorts of nonsense about it being better because CLASSIC UI IS PERFECT
which is funny because 10 looks more like classic than default 7 in terms of no gradients and rounding all over the place, but still somehow it's the worst thing ever

I'm not sure why every new OS generation there are the few who swear they'll never change etc etc. it's like the nerd version of being the old person who refuses to upgrade from his VHS because it's "good enough"

To me 7 and and 10 run the same. I tried them all on the same machine, benchmarks, everything runs the same. Even boot times (UEFI disabled, 7 boots in less than 10 seconds) are the same to me.

WOW m8 ONLY A 1 ON THE WINDOWS™ EXPERIENCE™ INDEX™?

I would be but it looks like ass

That's a horrible analogy.

Windows 7 does absolutely everything and it's not a bloated piece of crap.

A better analogy would be someone who trades in cars every two years for absolutely no reason

Is there a list on shit to disable once you upgrade? I'm still on 7 but in the CASE I upgrade at some point I'd like to know everything beforehand. Ranging from control panel settings to registry modifications. Also of course the cortana bullcrap.

don't upgrade if you are going to use home or pro, they're cancer infested shit.

enterprise or long term support base are less so

>what to disable
a lot of shit, took me 6 hours to go through group policy and be sure.

Because 10 is objectively better.

Who cares about the UI when it's literally a government intelligence agency surveillance platform?

a car is a large investment, your OS is free and it costs nothing but the max of 30 minutes to format.
so if you want to talk about bad analogies... if people could get a new car for free with only 30 minutes of time and had the ability to get their old car back in the same time MAYBE yours would work
and if they could I guarantee you'd have people ordering up new cars to try out daily

Jesus fucking Christ, I have better things to do than disabling "hidden" shit on a new OS. I wasn't planing to upgrade in the near future. Maybe in 1-2 years or longer. Maybe they fixed Win10 by then. Probably not.

DX12 is intriguing and I do like the looks of it, except for the horrendous start menu.

I don't care about manchild benchmarks, redirect yourself to

>implying you aren't being spied on in all facets of life
you realize how ALL of these companies work right?

It took me 6 hours but I've installed it on two other computers and it now takes 30-45 minutes of disabling stuff. And still can't disable the most basic kind of information they collect (supposedly for system update information and health) and we can all tinfoil about that to world's end.

I prefer it over 7 or 8.

>the stupid all or nothing argument
Just because I can't get to being surveilled 0% of the time doesn't mean I should just settle for 100%. I can mitigate it quite a lot.

I'll probably end up installing it on a virtual machine and try it out. Did that once before way back when the first (Alpha/Beta?) release was available to the public. But I guess a lot has changed.

Because the included backup function is absolute shit on windows 7 and works a charm on windows 10

People say there isn't change in speed, but to me Enterprise has been the fastest wangblows. Not that it says much, since they're still slower than say Debian, Xubuntu etc..

if I had second SSD I'd just use Linux full time but I'm a faggot that plays too much video games and have latest hardware so I run into problems with it and im too stupid to solve em on my own

>jesus that has got to be the worst installer ever
No installer I ever used in my life was so easy and idiot proof.

Do you know what it costs to replace 250000 atm machines?

Also why should they? It is a closed system, not your home computer connecting directly to the internet with all it's problems.

Why are you using a computer from the last century?

>To me 7 and and 10 run the same. I tried them all on the same machine, benchmarks, everything runs the same. Even boot times (UEFI disabled, 7 boots in less than 10 seconds) are the same to me.
That means added features like bitlocker, better windows backup and other tools and less hardware limitations with the same performance.
What's not to like?

Windows 10 ran hell of a lot faster than 7 or 8.1 on my shitty old laptop from 2009

Stupid namefag, use your brain

Because its the new windows XP/2000
>No DX12 support
>No windows store support
>will fall prey to exploits and bugs in the os because dumbshits refuse to update or upgrade to 10 or run windows update at all
>Already 10 years old at its base (windows vista 6.0)
i loved it but it was just time to move on.

Because I'm not retarded. You people are the new autists who were still clinging to Windows XP a few years back.

>finally get a girlfriend
>she uses Windows
>she is unwilling to migrate to GNU
Dropped.

>Do you know what it costs to replace 250000 atm machines?
No. How much does it cost?

>bitlocker
I have that in 7 too. And I've yet to find any way that 7 limits my PCs. As for other tools, the only addition are the METRO applications, and I have no interest in using them. They're slow as hell compared to Win32 counterparts.

people still unironically cling to XP

at least i dont see any vista or windows 8 anymore

The UI for 8/8.1 is ass. 7 is the best one windows has ever had.

>Finally get a girlfriend
>She asks me to add her on Facebook
>Explain "I don't have a Facebook account because I value my own privacy and only use free (as in freedom) non proprietary platforms; any self respecting person should not have an account on Facebook."
Dropped

I use W10 and I absolutely - unironically think - that the Classic Theme which was available in 8.1 is the best UI Wangblows has ever had.

my 8.1 doesn't have a classic theme

But i am.

I don't see the point of windows 10. All the "new features" are useless for me and the UI is a piece of shit worse than outdated aero but at least it's themeable.

because windows 10 is better

What? I remember having classic theme in 8.1

better at what? sending "telemetry" data to the NSA?

>how do they make money?
When you buy a new computer/laptop and you need an OS.
They'll make you pay them $200 for the privilege of using their product.
Also if you change mobos they'll jew you then too because Windows 10 associates itself with your motherboard.
>He thinks that giving it out for 'free' means they don't make money
When everyone is used to windows 10 nobody will use anything else. The vendor lock in benefits are far far greater than any perceived revenue loss by suspicious neckbeards/

>Also if you change mobos they'll jew you then too because Windows 10 associates itself with your motherboard.

It is a sad day when idiots in Sup Forums unironically spout this, and even worse when some retards believe it.

>finally get a girlfriend
>It's a whale of a male in a dress
>tried pretending and even came once
>crying fo days fro PTSD and can't stop vomitting
>Dropped

Ftfy

It actually does, I've tried migrating my windows 10 hard drive to a new set of hardware, they'll ask for a new license in their usual nagware fashion.

hilarious shitpost lad