You have 10 seconds to name a laptop with a screen that is as good as or better than a retina screen

You have 10 seconds to name a laptop with a screen that is as good as or better than a retina screen.

Other urls found in this thread:

imore.com/how-resolve-battery-life-troubles-your-retina-macbook-pro
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

retina screen?

more like battery drain

lmao

Gay thread.
Also once you go retina and then look at most other screens it's hard to imagine how people get anything done on those shit displays

dell xps

>battery drain
good job literally talking out of your ass.

Not sure if post is for or against retina

>high res displays don't draw more power than common 1080p screens

are all macfags this tech illiterate?

MacBooks still have superior battery life to almost every other laptop (while those laptops are running worse displays), so who gives a fuck?

>loses argument
>LOL LIKE WHO GIVES A FUCK ANYWAY

macfag logic

There is no argument.

battery life would be even better if they used a different screen.

The XPS 13's QHD screen is better.
>but the backlight issue
Affects both the QHD and the FHD, but the QHD can be re-flashed. It's stupid that you have to do that, but you end up with a super screen.

And then the screen would be worse

There is no point to this.. Battery life would be longer if they used a slower CPU too.

of course there is. you claimed that a high res screen is not a battery drain and i called you out on your uneducated bullshit. this is what normal people call an argument, maybe you should look up the definition, you retarded jizzbag.

Wasn't me

macfag BTFO

>Battery life would be longer if they used a slower CPU too.
this is the only sensible thing you've posted in this entire thread.

My rMBP lasts at least twice as long as any Windows machine I have owned, this is without ever worry about brightness.
>tfw everyone in university library with Windows laptop has a charger
>tfw never even considered bringing rMBP charger to 12 hour school day

So mid-argument 1 participant stops replying and another starts replying in alignment with the one who left. Kind of convenient, user.

>My rMBP lasts at least twice as long as any Windows machine I have owned
no one claimed otherwise, what is your point?

Lenovo Y40.

>thread about screens
>1 or 2 replies about screens
>turns into battery life argument

don't those new macbooks use Intel Atoms or something?

Apple don't make the screens, they buy the bits and cobble them together into a computer or laptop.

There will be other monitors with the same screen.

There probably won't since it's a 16:10. I don't know of any other laptop that uses that ratio currently. Maybe the same panel cut differently.

>buy laptop for maximum portability
>HURR WHAT I REALLY NEED IN MY PORTABLE MACHINE IS A SCREEN WITH A FUCKHUGE RESOLUTION SO I CAN DRAIN MY BATTERY FASTER

>reddit tries to fit in

This, because it was the first to laptop ever to avoid getting infected with the OS X virus.

imore.com/how-resolve-battery-life-troubles-your-retina-macbook-pro

>3 hours battery life

lmao

>Battery life would be longer if they used a slower CPU too.
this is simply not true
Faster CPU means more time in idle state

Let's be real here, a good screen and good battery life are the two most important things in a laptop made for portability

It's true though. Faster CPU also means more heath = more cooling required = more energy used.
If what you say is actually true Apple wouldn't trottle their CPUs.

i take processing power + battery life over screen + battery life, but then again, i actually use my laptop for more than Sup Forums and facebook

>, i actually use my laptop for more than Sup Forums and facebook

Perhaps you should get a desktop then

I'd like to add that good imput devices are extremely important too.
Get a desktop then.

>Weight
>Size

>2016
>Sup Forums of all boards is the most retarded

We should start using Xeon in smartphones then right?

i do have a desktop, i can afford both.
but i'd look like a fool carrying it around at university

Then you don't need a powerful laptop

What do you do at university that requires processing power?
Are you that guy that plays League of Legends during class?

No, a keyboard matters Just as much or slightly more than the screen to me. But since Apple sucks at that you left it out.

>projecting

compiling

Digital forensics and cyber security

Can compile fine on any budget laptop

Dell xps, dell chromebook 13, that laptop with a oled panel. Any 1440p adobe rgb monitor.

What's the biggest project you've compiled, sweet child?

Pen testing

Yeah, if you want to wait a long time sure, you can compile on any laptop. Be honest, you've never programmed anything outside of cli scripts in your life.

X

Most laptops with proper intel core processors can compile just fine, and if they cannot you should just compile over SSH.

Aproximately how long did it take? On which CPU btw?

About 3 minutes on my 2016 m3 MacBook (Linux VM)

>asks which cpu

>tells him the brand and production year of his facebook machine

can't make this shit up

2016 MacBook only has 2 CPUs. Skylake M3 or M5

Here ya go

">>asks which cpu
>>tells him the brand and production year of his facebook machine"
Are you stupid? He literally said it
>M3

Is this 4:3?

>heath

>battery drain

What the fuck is wrong with some of you autismos? I'd probably never invest in a MBP because it's way too pricey for me but how delusional do you need to be not to realize that it's literally the best 'premium' laptop around. You people can't argue for shit.
"oh a retina display uses more battery even though the battery life on Macs surpass most laptops"
"oh i can get a thinkpad for $100 therefore you're wasting your money"

Get your heads out of your asses, you're paying a lot of money into a high quality product.

3:2

I don't think premium laptops use glue to hold components and the fact that they screwed the hinge to the display instead of the backplate shows complete ignorance on how to build a laptop.

Just so we're clear here, you're claiming that you know more than Apple hardware engineers about building laptops?

>implying apple designs laptops
>implying apple has actually designed anything
>implying apple doesnt just rip off other companies

Quality shitposting mate

No, I'm claiming I know that hinges should be screwed into backplates, not panels, and components should be held with screws instead of glue. And that this sort of oversight is the opposite of "premium".

So you're claiming that you know better than Apple hardware engineers in this situation.

apple hardware engineers are a joke.
they dont actually do anything, they just take parts and screw it into a poorly designed heat brick. who really cares though, we can just thermal throttle it right?

have you actually seen how much they charge for a repair as well? $800 for something trivial as a broken resistor on the motherboard. the apple "engineers" will just pass this shit off as a dead motherboard and charge for a complete replacement. bad luck that the cpu is soldered gonna have to replace that too.

now that theyve charged you for repair and the shipping of the laptop theyll urge you to go buy a new one as well so you dont have any faults in the future

So use something like Teamviewer on you desktop using your chinkpad

t. Literal NEET

No, I'm not. You keep bringing up this juvenile attempt at ad authoritatum. For the third time: I know it should be done a certain way and they did it in an objectively inferior way.
They probably know they shouldn't do it that way since most laptops use screws and the hinges screw into the backplate, but decided to do it like this for stupid design reasons for the hinge and to prevent consumers from replacing their own components for the glue. Somewhere in Cupertino an engineers tries to explain to a designer what structural integrity is.

Are you using the original hdd with that chromebook user?

By saying they did it in an "objectively" inferior way you're saying you know better.

>reflective screen
>good

If lenovo would put a matte non touch version of iPad Pro's 4:3 display on a thinkpad, I'd cop that shit immediately, but till then... my shitty 768p 16:9 will do

You have to be the stupidest person I've talked to today. No it doesn't, I very clearly said THEY PROBABLY KNOW IT SHOULD BE DONE BETTER but decided to do otherwise for sales and cheaping out.

What's objectively inferior about how they did it?

Glue doesn't allow for repairs.
The panel's casing cracks from normal use since all the force applied to move the screen is on it instead of the sturdy aluminum backplate.

No they dont.

Also you build the machine for the case. I have old thinkpads I wouldn't replace for anything else except my one new laptop the x260 which is like all new laptops small and plastic but it gives me 12+ hours of battery.

The mac is just a shit ball.

>implying apple wants their computers to be repaired
>implying apple wants their computers to last more than a couple of years

>super troopers movie

That ungrateful bitch. That movie is gold.

>teamviewer

fuck off how are you not sshing into everything if you are actually pen-testing or security or anything.

Hell the fucking pajeets with no degrees and 6 months of training who do dba work still no how to run a shitty ass laptop for 200 bucks and just ssh into something stronger.

This they actively block attempts to repair shit. They hide all the info they can from 3rd parties forcing you to go to a certified apple repair. That apple repair is trained to replace anything wrong for a premium price no repairs.

HP Dreamcolor

80 replies in and not one serious reply to the OP

I'm , not the rest. I only SSH when doing lab work otherwise no need to. Also I do want the ease of having a computer that is powerful and portable I don't have to bother with putty or tt. Sometimes devices have to be placed within a faraday shield it is easier to have the powerhouse with me. Also muh pc gaymur

>Windows

Entire post disregarded

I have no choice. Yes

>Using Windows not Kali because muh gaymen. I do have Kali on usb

Razer New Blade

Even a chimp could design a better laptop.

>hinge on screen instead of chassis
>power button on keyboard, faulty z key can kill laptop as a result
>fried GPUs
>insufficient cooling
>0.8ghz
>horrible inefficient, 90w battery barely matches or beats 60w and 45w counterparts

There's more but I cbf

That display is orange shifted.

9-10 hours on my 2016 spectre x360, mac pleb. Get 18-20 hours of moderate use from a mac of any kind unplugged and I will legitimately switch back to mac in a day

Yes

Can you read?

/thread

Hello Louis, just a kind reminder to take your meds it's not healthy to get this mad at consumer hardware.

He's right though

xps 13 9350 QHD+ touchscreen

Fuck off, gaymer dork.

Implying

That's literally every laptop. Only the top line procs are socketed.