So who's ready to poo in Novidia's loo?

So who's ready to poo in Novidia's loo?

I'm keen for some $229 8GB RX 480 action (Might even go the extra mile for the 8+6pin AIB model and clock it to 1600+)

How about you Sup Forumsoi's?

waiting for the reviews

Being europoor, waiting for prices here. If it's over 250€ for the 4gb version I'll grab a 470 because that's fairly pricey already.

Street price is going to be double that for at least three months. If Nvidia can't keep up with the demand of the 10X0, there's no way AMD can.

Also 5 (five) rupees have been deposited into your plate.

I'll wait until I find something that doesn't run great on my GTX 660. (besides demoscene stuff, which already runs like shit on it but that's just because they always push the limits)

No point in upgrading if you don't have to.

After seeing the review, I will probably pick the 8 GB version for 300 eurodollars

This is a hard launch, not a paper launch like Novidia tried to pull off...and what makes you think street price will be so much more than RRP?

Also your I love JHH's cock faggot edition leather jacket is on its way as we speak.

Nvidia can't Keep demand because the companies making silicon were flooded.
It was not the case of AMD, who has its factories in NYC.

AMD has no fabs whatsoever, it was GloFlo that had their production effected, but AMD are using both GloFlo and Samsung to produce their die wafers, so their stock has not been effected...if I recall properly it was the Factories that were directly responsible for Nvidia's order of wafers that was effected by the flooding too.

I seriously doubt the floods affected them this severely. I've been on a waiting list for 2 weeks others have gotten lucky with he handfuls that go in stock and sell out in minutes.

Paper launch to counter the competition.

Idgaf, I just need a good cheap upgrade from my 6870

Oh I don't think it would of effected them too drastically, but its clear to see that Nvidia paper launched their product far too early, and cannot supply the demand all over the world at the moment.

You're right. GloFlo was the name I looked for. IIRC, a chink company making wafers for Nvdia was flooded in Taiwan.

Ah it was probably TSMC then that we were thinking of.

eastren yuropoor here, the price is gonna be closer to 280 EUR on release here probably.

Still cautiously optimistic

Oh well, OP here, in convict land its going to be more like $5-600 AUD..I'm still gonna get one most likely.

There are several factors I'm waiting on to see how things turn out

Like the reviews, how it actually performs etc.

Or in my case, how the driver situation will look like for linux, will we have to wait or will they be ready for release, and what kind of performance can we expect etc

And availability at affordable pricing. They can talk as much as they like about their $200-230 MSRP, but it doesn't mean jack if the cards prove too popular and end up running out of stock, which would drive up the pricing. Nvidia's 10x series aren't any better in that regard though.

Though I guess I could also just survive on my GTX680 for another year, games haven't really become that demanding yet anyway.

>Nvidia doing a PAPER launch because they knew AMD would btfo their re-branded Maxwell housefire shit

>AMD have had working silicone since January
>Mass production has been going for months
>AIBs have had since April to create their own cards

I'm going to buy three cards at launch just because I can, thanks to AMD building up their stock before doing a HARD launch.

Pretty sure reviews come out on the 29th or something. I'f they turn out to be as good as they claim, sure.

Why isn't there a larger resolution of this picture? It's glorious.

I'm waiting for the 1080s to consistently get back in stock. Hope the 480 does well though, AMD needs dat dosh.

Ah thank you, my new wallpaper.

Saved.

>who's ready to poo in Novidia's loo?
You mean, contribute to it and keep it in business?

Waifu2x was not kind to this picture.

Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Chinks

Nvidia can't keep up with the demand, because their yields are shit

Except Nvidia is annihilating AMD this term. AMD is scrambling as their market share falls. Their stock value is the lowest it's been in years.

AMD BTFO and you know it.

nice try pajeet

>should have bought shares when they cost next to nothing

>had $2000 just lying around
>wanted to invest on AMD
>decided to not risk it

I'm never going to be the Wolf

It costs 300 euros in Europe and it's not better than a 970. To the loo with it.

Waifu2x has a neural net trained for vector art, so using it unmodified on this image is not very smart, user.

If the 480 is really good I just may consider going for the dual graphics card meme. If not I'm going to settle for a 1070 once the price comes down.

>300 EUR
source?

Some Slovak shop also has it and the 8gb version is 302 euro. Poo in the loo

Oh man if reports are indeed true that OC the 480 from 1ghz to 1.5ghz on stock reference then this is literally the best GPU performance to cost ratio ever done.

Stock is ~1.25 GHz, not 1 GHz, user.

And while the chips may be able to hit 1.5+ GHz, reference cards may not have the cooling or power delivery to pull it off, and you'll be stuck paying $300+ for 3rd party monster cards.

> which is still probably OK since Nvidia is leaving a gaping hole in the

Cant decide if i even need RX 480 to be honest. There is almost no good games and lots of DENUVO. Might just go with 470 or 460.

I am now a #Loosmissile

nice meme kiddo! 5 rupees deposited

wait i thought only reference was out on the 29th

with the rest coming end of july

theres a possibility these are just placeholders, best to wait until RRPs happen.

nvidia is already pooping in their underpants.

TWO...TWO POINT FIVE...STARS?

>Nvidia doing a PAPER launch because they knew AMD would btfo their re-branded Maxwell housefire shit.

I've been advocating that the latest launch from Nvidia was a paper launch. IMO they tried to counter AMD Polaris launch beating them first to market with their high end stuff in order to enforce their halo effect for future launches (wait for 1060) but it appears that they underestimated Polaris while overestimating their own inventory. They might have shot themselves in their collective feet with this - since Polaris seems to be coming out all right while this retailers price burst can't be good for them and will probably hurt their sales in the mid term.

Isn't this just because of the fucking lack of supply?

exactly

B-but money doesn't matter, I'm an ENTHUSIAST! I get enthusiastic when Nvidia fucks me in the ass for 20 percent performance increases.

Kekkkkkd fammilia

>Amazon seller with 5 ratings
>Nvidia rep
??????????????????????????????????? what did he mean by this ??????????

Does RX480 support DX12_1?

you do know that there's no way in hell the 480s are going to sell for msrp right?
all you tards freaking out about it is driving the price up.
Odds are the cheapest 480 will be about 250, or about 300 for the 8 gig model. for the next couple of months

fallout 4 was that hurdle for my 660. but waiting for the reviews

>0 stock
>0 market share
>0 quality products

does AMD live on Sup Forums viral marketing alone?

yes

Poor Pascal supply
>Blame the floods
Nvidiots will try any old excuse.

they are launching references and custom cards the same day user

AMD maymays thread