Have a perfectly fine working powerful machine

>Have a perfectly fine working powerful machine
>hurr durr the case is ugly I'll get another one
>place identical components in new case, starts to randomly reboot without BSOD

Can Sup Forums relate? fucking up reliable nice things for some stupid shit for no reason?

Standoffs or a short.

Pull the motherboard apart, reseat CPU, ram, and reconnect everything.

It wasn't supposed to be a technical help thread.

but since you guys seem willing to help I might as well give it a go:

I didn't remove the cpu or ram from the mobo when switching cases, so i don't THINK it's that.
I did however add one new drive.

what do you mean with standoffs? I had to place new ones yes, but what could go wrong?

Just do it faggot

but that's a lot of werk and I'm not german

The reboot happens in intervals of 1 or 2 hours. sometimes just 3 minutes apart however.

sometimes the computer just freezes. no idea desu senpai

Just remove everything and put them back. You never know what could go wrong.
I've had a faulty motherboard randomly stalling at boot at times and booting correctly other times. I was only when I got a new motherboard that I found the problem.

A faulty hard disk as OS drive can also cause this.
If it's an SSD mostly likely not.

You took off the CPU cooler without cleaning and reapplying thermal didn't you?

Hope you haven't fried it yet.

A faulty sata cable or an unshielded sata cable passing close to a power consuming source like the GPU can also cause this problem so check your connections too, specially on the OS drive.

>fucking up reliable nice things for some stupid shit for no reason?

Far too many times.

Anyway, OP, why the hell replace the case just because it's ugly? At least have a proper excuse like fans touching the case and making noise or something like that, which is why I recently got a Define R5

nah, it's just an additional drive I bought to store some downloaded stuff. so it really shouldn't be able to affect the build from a software standpoint. I was thinking that maybe it causes the PSU to go nuts or something similar. but it most likely is not the HDD.

didn't remove the cooler while switching cases

interesting, I'll try to unplug the sata cable next time and see if it happens again. All my sata cables however are relatively neatly packed, don't come close to the psu

pic related. the build.
>i curse every day about that single cable too short for managing

I didn't tell the whole story.

I also replaced it because I wanted to add more drives and the old case had no more space since the drive bays I removed some time ago and stored these parts along with tons of other precious gear in a box at my grandmas house. but my box with all my stuff disappeared (total value estimated around 500$), grandma probably thought it was junk (she has early dementia) and threw it all away.

so to add more drives I needed a new case. The old case was a cooler master HAF with tons of leds and edgy stuff a teenareg would like.

Because you mentioned freezing, I thought it could be the OS drive or the sata connection for the OS drive, because I had that problem before.

I love that xbox hueg heatsink. Too bad I use ITX.

yeah man, that heatsink is craycray.

2600k overclocked to 4.5GHz, rarely hit 80°C during the summer.

Try removing some HDDs, maybe your PSU is dying

I was thinking the same thing. But then you'd expect it to reboot when under high loads right?

It doesn't seem to work that way. It just does that at random when idle for instance.

>so to add more drives I needed a new case. The old case was a cooler master HAF with tons of leds and edgy stuff a teenareg would like.

Same here. It was some shitty Cooler Master case

>just ordered a new case to replace my mammoth cosmos s

now you've got me worried
thanks a lot

Reinstall Windows then

never even thought it could be software related.
wouldn't that cause a BSOD?

I feel like doing the same, but I can't justify spending $100 on a new case.

Pretty sure the RAM got fucked in the moving. Do a memtest.

Why would you remove the cooler if all youre doing is swapping cases?

If you can't even swap case without fucking it up, you don't belong on Sup Forums. Fuck off and buy a Mac.

well, I built and maintained it for over 7 years. I guess one fuck up is to be expected.

don't be such a cunt pl0x

on it

how did you screenshot that?

just a good monitor/camera combination.

so there shouldn't be any errors at all?

To not damage the fins on my xbox huge noctua fan clearly.

so how many errors are acceptable?

so far for test 7 it got 64, currently on test 8.

I moved to a new case recently and also had issues.

Mine wouldn't power up at all though. Issue was I had a 6+2 plugged in where the +2 was busted. I just wasn't aware I had never plugged it in properly to begin with.

Had to basically unpack everything and connect one piece at a time until I found the issue... Godspeed.

damn. i hope I don't have to do the same.

so far the memtest seems to indicate no issues with the memory. but it froze as well before. not sure why. running it again

Donate to me pls

sure, you can have it if you want, you just gotta pay for the shipping costs.
are you an ameritard or a europoor?

I removed the new harddrive and the issue persisted.

I will try to remove 2 ram sticks, if it is solved I will add one of the removed ones, that should allow me to identify the broken one if that's the issue.

>80°C

>PC is apperently well ventilated
>Thermals reads 25-30C on average on a budget case
>purchase define r5 because of balance in sound proofing and ventilation
>move all parts over
>expect better then budget case results
>thermals reading 30-40C now

I know that isn't bad temp range but it increased.
what the actual fuck and I like this case.

Well that was quick. My PSU just shit out on me and broke my motherboard so I guess I can justify spending ~$60 on an ITX case.

Ameritard

But how would I pay shipping my dude?

Should've probably condensed it all in one reply
But email? It'll be easier than here bruv

>all those errors
Into the trash

No, don't do that. Rather, RMA right now.

I'm tired of my big atx case and am gonna move everything into an matx case. (it should be easy because I bought an matx motherboard initially because they're so much cheaper)

>implying you can fry a cpu
>implying the cpu wont just thermal throttle until it turns itself off

this isnt the 90s friend

Don't buy some cheap $50 case. I regret doing that (got the Corsair 88r to be specific). You start to regret not spending a little more for the extra features, like better cable management and having all USB 3 so you don't have to remember which USB port on the front is USB 3 when plugging something in and all that. Also I don't know if all cases with windows are like this, but I wiped mine down with a moist paper towel after building my computer to get the hand prints off of it, and it scratched the window a lot. Maybe the window Corsair uses is just especially shitty, or maybe all windows on cases are like that, I don't know.

is that a fridge magnet on the heatsink?

Yeah I'm not getting a cheapo case. I've been looking at the Prodigy M but I'm not sure.

Got the Prodigy M Vivid green and love the shit out of it. Great case but if you get the color versions the colors of the case and handles are a few shades off because they're made of different materials.

>not getting a cheapo case
>prodigy M

pick one...

pic related, best ITX case, not for cheapskate cunts

That's not ITX you retard.

Was hat das denn damit zu tun?

I think I'm gonna get the white one with no side window

For fucks sake, route your CPU power with some form of dignity.

Where do I get a comfy case like this?

fleabay.

Can a Hyper 212 evo fit in a Fractal Design Nano S?

Just buy one of those computers used and update the internals yourself, if it's old enough it shouldn't be expensive.

Now that I think about it, do those old Mac Pros use standard ATX motherboard sizes so you can use them for the case? Because those cases are damn sexy.

>Wanted to get a H100i
>Case is too narrow for that huge fucking heatsink

I was gonna search for a case to fit it, but now I realized I can't upgrade to DDR4 since my Crosshair Formula V can only handle DDR3, and I was also waiting to either get a 1080/480 depending on the performance results at the end of the month.

Fucking damn my computer is old. What should I do? I'm sitting on a 7870 and really feel now is the time to upgrade, yet RAM is so dirt cheap and I would enjoy my SSD's not getting held back by my current RAM.

Had this happen with my parents computer. They took it to a bunch of places and they all couldn't get it fixed. I reset the bios and everything went gravy from there on.

it should fit but just barely. the case has 160mm of cpu cooler clearance and the 212 evo needs exactly 159mm, so you lucked out.

Yep. Two years ago, switching out video cards:

>Replace video card. Try turning on PC. Won't post.
>Put back old video card. Try turning on PC. Won't post.
>Try with Different power supply, new video card. Posts! But then won't post once the power supply is fully installed (ie put in the right place in the case instead of just sitting on top of the case).
>Try new power supply with original video card. Won't post.
>Swap out motherboard/cpu, with new video card. Won't post.
>Switch back to old video card w/ swapped out motherboard/cpu. Won't post.
>Try a 3rd old video card, just for the hell of it. Won't post.
>Switch monitor to a different cable (DVI to HDMI, knowing that the monitor works on the HDMI cord). Won't post.
>Swap out RAM with some older RAM. Won't post.
>Try different power cord, different outlet. Won't post.
>? ? ? ? ? ? Hit head on desk.

Never did figure out what got fucked up, ended up just ordering a bunch of new parts and building a new PC (which is what I was planning on doing in another 6 months anyways).

Depends on what the issue is. I had similar issues. Random reboots. Reinstalled windows and they're gone. I suspect the gpu driver.

did you use risers dipshit