I just watched some videos about KDE on Manjaro and, fuck me, it looks amazing, why the fuck am I using Cinnamon?

I just watched some videos about KDE on Manjaro and, fuck me, it looks amazing, why the fuck am I using Cinnamon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>use KDE5 a few months ago for the first time
>encounter the first display bug, not exaggerating, TWO MINUTES into using the DE
>random settings menus are impossible to navigate with keyboard, others are impossible to navigate with mouse, apparently this hasn't been fixed for about 5 years by now
>"program XYZ has closed unexpectedly"
>"install debug symbols and register on our site to report the bug"
>"oops we can't install the debug symbols, fuck you"
>"drkonqi has closed unexpectedly"
>fuck this, restart
>all icons are a different size than before

because KDE4 was the last good KDE

KDE5 is literally the same thing
They've even kept the same bugs for chrissakes

Pretty much exactly the same experience here. I just use mate and don't bother with anything else anymore. It also has its bugs but at least they're manageable.

try kde neon, manjaro a shit

>use this random Ubuntu derivative abortion instead of something with a decent package manager and kernel management tool

>literally the same thing
>breeze or gofuckyourself
100% / thesame

>waah I'm too lazy to change a few things in my autistic theme to work with the new Qt so it's shit!

I'm running 4, it's shit.

I miss 3

KDE neon got its user edition released almost a week ago. Why did no one tell me about it

A lot of Qt applications look awful if you don't use one of the two default Breeze themes. Even just changing the fucking color scheme breaks its appearance and looks ugly.

>based on ubuntu
nice try

kde4 had desktop widgets.
What is the point of using plasma now?
Krunner?

I don't see the big problem. It can only be more stable than kubuntu

Ubuntu is currently the least stable distro by far. Even Arch is debian-stable by comparison.

KDE5 also has desktop widgets.

Use Trinity
KDE isn't responsible for every single Qt app out there

trinity sucks, unlike kde3.5.10

It's virtually the exact same, only with bugfixes

Fuck no it's not.

It's a fucking fork, there's nothing missing

this

When I built my new PC I figured I'd give Ubuntu a shot. Installed Ubuntu GNOME edition, and was happy for a few weeks until an upgrade screwed my nvidia drivers up. No OpenGL stuff would work, and after I rebooted, GDM would just vomit garbage on the screen then crash over and over. Reinstall XUbuntu this time because I'd been meaning to give XFCE a try and once I updated the exact same thing happened.

This. Every fucking program

Shit, dudes. I almost fall for the KDE meme. I guess I'll give XFCE Manjaro a try, then...

>unironically using Gnome

Please, this is a KDE thread

Take your filth elsewhere

>that trip
>that name
>unironically using KDE

I prefer manjaro, it has better programs and has been more stable for me, but others say they like xfce, so maybe it's not so bad.

KDE is the most beautiful and functional DE

Kubuntu is the most comfy distro+de combo ootb there is

mate*
fuck, don't browse Sup Forums on more than 76 hours without sleep kids.

>ubuntu
>KDE
>functional

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

There is no widget so you can see the battery status.
No widget for showing your calendar entries.
And you cannot have different widgets on the dashboard, so there is no reason to use desktop widgets.

It's not as great as you remember believe me, it has a handful of nice things missed on kde 4 but it's way too old now.

Let me guess you use Manjaro aka I'm too dumb to install Arch?

I'm a Sup Forums institution newfag

Actually you're just a dumbass tripfaggot
>>>/reddit/

If KDE sucks so much, is really some people using it? Or it's just a forgotten meme?

>I'm too lazy to change a few things in my autistic theme
no im not, it's just not possible
>waah
go fuck yourself
kde breeze shit

oh and my autistic theme was oxygen

There are millions of people worldwide using OSX at this very instant, stop and think about it for a moment

KDE is pretty comfy
also it has thumbnails

No I use openSUSE like a civilized human being

It's just that Gnome sucks even harder

I've been using it for awhile and I haven't had any problems except that if I sleep or hibernate the computer when I start it back up I'm greeted with a black screen and the cursor so I have to restart. Other than that I think it's way better than Cinnamon.

I'd rather put up with KDE's occasional bug than with GNOME's pervasive retardation.