VLC 2.0 for Android is finally available via wide release

>2.0 introduces a large number of features, notably network disk browsing (Windows shares, UPnP, NFS, FTP, SFTP...), favorite folders and URLs, video playlists, rewritten notifications and control, popup video and a rewritten history.

>It is also a merge of Android TV and Android versions, so that every device can optionally get the Android TV interface. The TV interface has been improved quite a bit too. Finally, it should be faster to decode and playback all video types.

>Browsing your local network will make it much easier to play content on your Android devices if you've got a NAS or large shared directory on your PC. It also supports remote connections like FTP and SFTP. You can save favorite folders and URLs in the app for easy access as well.

>One of the more interesting things in this release is the option to toggle any device to the Android TV UI for VLC. Yes, even if you've got a tiny phone. I can see this being handy on larger tablets, or maybe if you're using screen mirroring on a TV.

androidpolice.com/2016/06/21/vlc-v2-0-rolling-network-browsing-merged-android-tv-version/

VLC became the best video player and audio player for Android, Sup Forums!

> no Chromecast support

I really would like to discard the proprietary shit I'm using for Android local Chromecast support but I guess this isn't the day for that.

Not excited about this release.

>chromecast

who cares?

> Not caring about easiest and cheapest way to wirelessly share access and stream video to your HDMI enabled device.

>not having an Android box attached to your TV with a remote already

Crashes on muh RN3P running latest global ROM

How do you share streaming access to your Android box for your friends? What software do they use on their phones to initiate the streaming?

Oh god no. It's still a bitch to use.

I'm sticking with MX Player.

This webm crashes it.

VLC confirmed for shit.

>MX Player.

still the best

on android you retard

Damn, she be fine

I wonder what distro she uses

wth has mx player dev not added floating window yet?

I thought chromecast was a meme. Surprised people use it.

>network disk browsing

>MX Player
it just works

>there's one small thing I did not like about the current realise despite it being a great app
>I fuckIng hate everything, MOM WHERE IS MY RAZOR?

Well the lack of this small feature gimps the app for me whenever I'm projecting wirelessly videos from my phone or laptop to a screen at home or at other peoples places.

Not saying that VLC isn't a great app. It has been a great app for native displays for a very long time on multiple platforms but recently I've been forced to use very low quality video software compared to VLC because VLC lacks this one small feature of support for streaming directly to Chromecast.

To me it seems like a top priority feature that they should invest in but since they don't I'm not very excited about their releases.

TL;DR VLC doesn't support my use case and I'm angry since the software that does is shit.

>MXplayer can't connect to SMB or DLNA
>works

noice