/wt/ Watch Thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that is required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

frist for bagel

>a watch is not a tool

5513 or 114060?

Second for alcohol and watches.

Just like your dick isn't up to the job.

What a luxurious drink.

By second I of course mean 5th.

How is that even a question?
5513, 5512 or 5510 are the best possible while any maxicase is just abhorrent

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Sup Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

But why are you so mad

Second and last try.
What's a good site to buy used vintage watches?
My wrist is very small so vintage watches seems to be one of my only options.

>The only thing I did was to specify that the first purpose of a mechanical watch it's not that of telling the time

What did he mean by this?

>What's a good site to buy used vintage watches?
eBay is the most obvious choice, but you could find yourself to some Vintage watch forums and risk buying from there, ofcourse at the risk of no buyer protection.

ebay, chrono24, WUS forums, Yahoo.jp auctions (old jdm seikos)
you usually do better buying vintage watches in person.

Watchuseek, timezone or other watch forums

Chrono24

Hunting.

Thanks guys, will start from these sites.

At least post some good shit.
>tfw the Rum is now worth almost as much as the watch
I can't open this even though I want to drink it so bad.

>egocentric tripfag mistakes an invitation to follow the rules with a personal attack
Who would have thought.

>what did he mean
Don't worry, you can always hope to have an epitome.

Can you fix the second hand not matching the seconds on the dial on a quartz watch?

>Rules
>Personal attack
You don't know what either of those things are

le GOAT memewatch + illumination

By adding a balance wheel.
t. 9F

You look like an edgy 16 year old cunt.

Get a hair cut hippy.

>At least post some good shit.
The way I drink Gin, I wouldn't dare butcher good stuff with cordials and lemonade.

Neither do you. At least I don't tripfag without a reason.
An intelligent person would know when to shut the fuck up, even on the internet.

epiphany user.

>An intelligent person would know when to shut the fuck up
So why haven't you?

The irony is palpable.

Anybody?

Because I never tell stupid things, contrary to someone else.
No. No, it's not. It's actually pretty sad to have tripfagging/namefagging cancer in this thread.

>Because I never tell stupid things, contrary to someone else.
Irony incarnate.

Lord help us.

See

>you look
You a wizard or something? There's no reflection on the bottle.

You drink shit, stop trying to deny it.

>It's actually pretty sad to have tripfagging/namefagging cancer in this thread.
Much better the shitposting cancer.
Only a handful of people ever have a problem with Nineball, his advice is solid, and recommendations even more so. He's far from the shotposting namefagging cancer that you find on Sup Forums or Sup Forums.
People only have a problem with Nineball because of the trip, no other reason, if that is your problem, then clearly you're not old enough to be allowed on this site. If we're following the rules now.

>tfw responsible for like 70% of the fresh /wt/ memes

It's pretty clearly right above the label.

>You drink shit, stop trying to deny it.
At no point did I attempt to deny it.

I appreciate fine liqueur, but have no taste for it.

>There's no reflection on the bottle.
you sure famalam?

Yeah, that had irony in it. You finally got it, congratulation.
It's called knowing how to behave.
When you're done savouring the taste of his dick can you tell me what it tastes like?
>you look
That silouhette could be my cat.

*silhouette

>Edgy
>Constantly aggressive towards everyone
>Someone mention his appearance
>"t-t-that's my c-c-cat! I swear g-guys!"

Yep. Underage.

>I'm acting stupid on purpose on Sup Forums!
Nice.

fucking plebs can't even afford an apple watch xD

>that's my cat
Nice reading comprehension.
>attacking people who not only don't want to follow the rules but also respond is edgy and aggressive
Listen nigga, if you want me to post a picture of my shitty hair I'll gladly post it and I'll be the first to criticize it but if you're gonna talk about a shadow that doesn't even have a form I'll tell you to fuck off.
They've started using Apple watches to monitor whales now?

The shadow clearly has form. The form of a faggot. Go talk big somewhere else

Welp, this thread went to shit pretty quick.

The Microsoft emoji actually does look like a grammar of design GS case. The sides of the case are too sharp though. They are slightly rounded on the actual watches.

Nice rebuttal.

What does /wt/ think of Pulsar?

Generic Kohls/TJ Maxx tier.

I don't understand.

Pulsar is mixed. It was a unique and interesting American watchmaker that made the first LED watch. It was actually a division of Hamilton.

When Seiko acquired it things changed a little. Seiko as a company makes a wide set of watches, some very well made that get put under divisions like Grand Seiko. Pulsar is where watches go if they're not good enough for the Seiko brand name. While they are usable, marketing them as Seiko would diminish the view of quality on Seiko brand watches. That should tell you something.

It's similar to what Citizen does with the Q&Q brand.

Thanks user, informative

Keep your eye out for good deals on vintage pulsar

>memes
People like you who can't leave Sup Forums in Sup Forums and insist on shitting up other boards with your "meme'ing" is why this board is in the dismal state it's in.

too many memes?

Is that HMT's seal of quality?

Compared to you acting stupid not on purpose? Hrm.

Anybody have any strap ideas for a vintage dress watch for the dog days of summer? Its pretty hot and humid out here right now and leather ends up getting pretty sweaty. Pic related

Still got that Credor Chronograph? I got to see one up close the other day. It looks much better in person. I'm going to have to eat some crow over that.

61st for tweed in the summer.

Their digitals are pretty damn good

First for ABC watches
>tfw I haven't left home in a week

>gold
That limits your options quite a bit. I was going to suggest Milanese otherwise.

Yeah, I still have it.

Actually, cream perlon might work.

Is this a good watch?

die

What time is it?

Nixon-dogshit-o'clock

Pulsar is poorfag Seiko and Lorus (another Seiko owned company) is poorfag Pulsar.

There is no shame in having booze that is worth more than the watch.

Actually that still might work. Watchgeko has ip gold Milanese mesh straps.
Its also worth a try but Eulit does not make a cream or beige strap. I'm kind of leery of cheepestnatostrap's perlons in general. The only other company (that I know of) that sells that color is Watch Obsession and I have no clue about their straps' quality.

Thank you both for your help.

Does /wt/ hate the higher end g shocks?

I wouldn't if they didn't make them so powerfully ugly. Even the basic 5600 models are only barely on the side of not horrible, the rest of the line is fucking disgusting.

Not every watch has to be a simple dialed dress/casual watch though
This is pretty utilitarian design imo

I can personally recommend the sand color from Clockwork Synergy.

>55180331
Thoughts on 90's 4s35 Seiko? Rare? Worth as much/more/less than a vintage KS Special? Should be the modernized version of the same movement right?

your strap is made out of pubic hair...

goodbye shitty invicta bracelet

>zgok
neato

that's a pretty cool meme, duder

I bought this chinese automatic watch and it came in the mail today. So far I'm pretty satisfied with it but I have to buy a new strap.

Thanks for 10~12 bucks with shipping I'm willing to give that a try. I really did not want to drop twenty plus dollars on a strap that doesn't fit any of my other watches and have it sit in a draw if I did not like the quality or bought a mesh strap.

I really want to like G-Shocks. They practical, durable multi-function watches but as a rule of thumb usually they are massive, bulbous, and ugly as sin. Most have strange proprietary lug withs so you are stuck with the stock resin or having to buy an adaptor if you want a NATO or a perlon strap. Plus the whole SHOCK RESIST and PROTECTION branding drives me nuts. At the same time they are kind of the only game in town when it comes to modern rugged field watches and I do feel the need for a durable quartz watch to take innawoods when I go hunting or just shooting. I'm probably just going to have to find one I can live with.

The Geckota mesh bracelet finally came in last night. It was intended for the King Seiko but the watchmaker's taking his sweet time with it, so I put it on the Tutima Flieger. Doesn't actually look too bad, despite the polished vs. brushed contrast.

You should check out the rectangular ones. They aren't perfect but definitely less offensive than other models.

New leather NATO strap arrived today. Not the best in the world but it was pretty cheap and it's great quality for the price. Really enjoying the look now.

Only thing missing now is figuring out how to replace the damn crystal, which is fucked beyond polishing. I tried emailing a couple crystal dealers (Esslinger and Crystal-Fit) asking if they had one that would fit but didn't even get a reply back.

What the fuck is wrong with those dealers?

Forgot pic

You should have gone with a meme wellington or a chink nomos.
tongji movements keep shit time

That looks gross though. And I'm not autistic.

probably because it's kind of a dumb question
get a pair of calipers and measure the diameter and thickness

How's the clasp on it? The only bad review I read on it said that the clasp felt flimsy and seemed to wear down pretty quick.

I used to think the same, but I really fucking love them now.
I can't really say why but I'd rather wear a g shock over a regular watch these days.
I used to laugh at anything bigger than 38mm lug to lug but here I am, wearing a prw3500 (>50mm) and lusting after a gulfmaster.

Yeah, because everyone here must necessarily have the knowledge, skills and tools to open up a watch, right?

I bet you're the kind of guy who would answer the same thing about someone trying to fix a broken laptop "yeah, you are so dumb, why don't you open it, download the mobo schematics and use a multimeter to identify where the point of failure is"?

im broke and manage to get the watch for $14 including free shipping.

Why doesn't anyone here actually own a good watch?
I mean the best I see are SARBs. And while good, I mean damn this is the official watch thread.

>inb4 poorfags
No one even care about vintage? You can get amazing vintage pieces for $100-500.