What kind of PCI wireless adapter do i need to fit my mobo?

What kind of PCI wireless adapter do i need to fit my mobo?

looks like u already got the gtx 970 installed, how are you not receiving ethernet?

I can't use ethernet because i can't reach from my computer to the router in the other room so i've been using a usb adapter but want to get something better so i can download and play games at a faster rate.

Post mobo model.

Your only option is a long Cat 6 cable unless you want to restrict airflow to your card.

There's always powerline adapters.

Buy a USB3.0 wireless card user

One thats really thin, my friend is in the same position and has a thin wireless card pressed againsed is gpu and it works just fine.

Buy a PCIE riser cable, and a SATA wireless adapter. That way you won't block off the airflow to your GPU.

Powerline or WiFi USB receivers, depending on how fast you want the internet.

i'm not sure what you're asking, you know where to put it, and you know what it is, so what do you need to know?

Thanks for the suggestions, will look into it.

alternatively, you could get a wifi adapter which plugs into your motherboards' usb header

get a usb wireless adapter.

Powerline works pretty well. I have 50mbps down, get 47 after the powerline shit.

I used PL in my home to get from my modem to my desktop in another room. I'm on Australian internet though, so it's not even SLIGHTLY pushing the limits of the adapter I'm using. Something like 10mbps or so.

Canadian internet,t so not much better honestly..

where would you even put that?

anywhere, just stick it down with double-sided tape

that's retarded, there's a ton of good, cheap USB antennas

that's a PCI slot , not PCI - E

only got that wrong

it doesn't hang out of your case though.

depends on your wiring. I get 67 down 20 up at my router, and about 15 down 10 up at my pc. Probably because my house is on two different wiring circuits

top kek

Get a USB 3.0 802.11ac adapter. Easy installation.

Powerline adapter is a meme. You can get high speeds but you have a lot of ping and jitter with it. Hell, whenever my mom turns on the oven or opens the fridge, I get timeout from the online games. I literally destroyed the diaphone just not to get the jitter when someone fucking rings it.

Why is your mobo missing a capacitor?

Its not meant to have a capacitor . If you look at product images .Probably too costly to remake the board without the cap slot and they just said fuck it were gonna leave it empty

Usb wireless adapters get hot over time and can lose their signal quality and sometimes stop working. The USB ports get very hot when a lot of data is going through them when you have something like a wireless adapter so I normally stay away from them unless I need one for a VM. But I think a USB one in your situation may be because you would be blocking half of one of your fans if you install a regular PCI adapter.

Wi-Fi for stationary devices is cancer.
Rebuilding your whole house just to run ethernet to your PC is literally still more convenient then using Wi-Fi.

>Connect oscilloscope / logic analyzer
>extract 1s and 0s
>decode data
>???
>profit