What do you use to fetch email? Browser plugin? Standalone plugin? Using web interface like a pleb?

What do you use to fetch email? Browser plugin? Standalone plugin? Using web interface like a pleb?

I use email client.

I get instantly notified on android.

Which one?

iPhone

Mail.app

I use Thunderbird. I have a gmail account. With a few extensions put together, it's like a desktop gmail client.

this is bullshit, but I believe it

A private mail server, Thunderbird on Linux/Windows, K-9 Mail on Android.

How can I go about this?

You install Thunderbird and add the extensions: gContactSync, Provider for Google Calendar, as well as Flat Folder Tree (because gmail puts your folders in an ugly parent folder named [gmail]"

You can just add your account as an IMAP mail account. You'll need to sign in once for your email account, then once for gContactSync and once for the Calendar though.

I read and send mail with Emacs using M-x rmail and C-x m. I have no experience with any other email client programs. In principle I would be glad to know about other free email clients, but learning about them is not a priority for me and I don't have time.

email client, by the same people who brought you text processor and operating system

Thanks. How do you like it? Are you able to chat though it too?

>I use a time sink mail client on a time sink mail server on a time sink operating system but I don't have time to "learn" how to do email the way your typical facebook douchebag who can barely use a keyboard does

I am confused by this.

No, but I don't have friends so that's okay.

Gtalk used to have a desktop application, but a quick search and it seems like they're just pretending that never happened now.

What is it with Google and desktop applications? Shit...

There's the G-Hub addon which seems to support the whole suite of Google features. I'm not sure if it's just web tabs or if it actually uses Thunderbird's client features, though. I guess you can try that out.

Yeah, I vaguely remember that. What a shame.

I guess I'll have to investigate.

What are the advantages of a client over just using the web browser window?

Thunderbird on desktop and CloudMagic on Android

thunderbird

Nylas N1. A modern and open source email client.

>What are the advantages of a client over just using the web browser window?
When you have more than two accounts it becomes very handy. Especially if they are on different servers. Especially if you don't want google to know about all your accounts for some reason.

>thunderbird
Okay, what is the latest version that is clean from this "partnership" bullshit.

It's a desktop botnet.

Say skip, configure your email and you literally never see it again. It's not a nuisance.

outlook 2016

thunderbird a shit

>having emails to respond to that aren't registration confirmations and paypal receipts
Something isn't right here...

>being a neet

Nylas N1

Firefox.
I'm not too lazy to actually go to my email, and I'm not going to waste the hard drive space on all the junk shit I get.