Spyware 10

Hey Sup Forums, is there any full list out there of how deep the windows 10 spying goes? I'm trying to save a friend for this shitware OS but I can't find many articles out there.

Other urls found in this thread:

jsbin.com/xokuxazuze
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>toplel.jpg

For me it was the first page under "Customize Settings" when you are setting up your privacy settings during the install process. most users will just accept the defaults and never even see this page.

His biggest argument is that you can disable all of the spyware. But from all of the Sup Forums shitposting and one article written by a female poo in loo I've been convinced that they still send data back to microsoft servers.

> how deep the spying goes
If you run windows 10 use it like you don't own the computer.

What would Windows 95 be?

As I recall it was pretty good. But I was a young'un then.

There you go. Also checked.
jsbin.com/xokuxazuze

Reading through this now. Oh god I'm worried.

I'm still on 7 and this is my updates panel; I should be okay right? R-right?!

Why would you be okay? MS still owns your computer.

Probably. I'm for one have updates, windows update service and scheduler disabled.

>just upgraded to windows 10
>removed almost all of the botnet
feels good mang

I'll be happy when the Windows 10 update isn't free anymore. At least then I'll have to pay to have it put on, and I can just refuse to pay.

The main thing I'm worried about is that they'll lock me out of my computer and demand that I upgrade in order to start using it again.

You're not fooling anyone.

Certain updates include other undocumented updates. So simply installing an update you ``think'' is safe to install could potentially fuck you over.

I haven't installed any updates for quite some time, anyway.

Ha, like Microsoft will give you a choice!

It's how I have mine configured, and I plan on wiping my boot drive and installing a clean copy of 7 on July 30th. Just to be sure there's no remnants of GWX.

>enterprise edition
check
>remove windows 10 spying
check
>remove windows 10 apps
check
>updates never
check
>close all connections to microsoft
check
>winning
check

Why does it seem that only Linux users get so upset about what OS other people are using ?

> The main thing I'm worried about is that they'll lock me out of my computer and demand that I upgrade in order to start using it again.
Well that will be outright illegal.

> I'll be happy when the Windows 10 update isn't free anymore. At least then I'll have to pay to have it put on, and I can just refuse to pay.
My ass is telling me that that shit with GWX will not end just like that. There will probably still be nagging, gimping updates etc. Also nothing stops MS from prolonging "free" "upgrade" period.

also i pirated my windows 10 lul

>Well that will be outright illegal.
Hasn't stopped M$ in the past. I haven't heard about this GWX thing but I'll look into it. This is all just making me too anxious and I need to pic related.

Enjoy the extra malware that came with your malware, fucking dipshit

Is there any actual proof of all this surveillance bs like traffic captures or something?

>implying it would still be on the site if it was malware
kek, okay kid.

>tin foil hat people claim win10 spies on you
>all the alleged spying can be disabled with a simple program anyone can download

wow, its fucking nothing, almost as if peoples concerns are blow out of proportion here and not based on any truths

>this person uses android developed by Google

Are you enjoying your blank hard drive

>wah wah i've been triggered
Go the fuck to tumblr.

i cant find it, but they released data on how many photos have been viewed, videos and pics shared across social medias, how many times certain programs have been launched etc etc

A slide from NSA headquarters saying Microsoft is part of their surveillance program isn't enough proof? Not only that, they were the first ones on board

>the spying can be disabled ( i hope, amirite guise )
>not based on truths

people's*
blown*

>>>/loo/

yeah m8, how did you know i bought a new one the other day?

its 2tb btw

A slide that some freetard cooked up in his basement doesn't convince me

Ever heard of Edward Snowden?

Remember that the gov is spying on everyone, they know everything !!!11
Yet can't seem to stop the mass shootings that happen on a monthly basis in their country.

You didn't think this one through, did you?

If only they would ban guns then no one would have them!

Yeah I hear alot about actors

What does an alot sound like?

Yet no one has been able to produce a single traffic capture that shows anything happening. Unless of course Linux and FreeBSD are compromised too and programmed not to show that traffic.

>I have no rebuttal better attack grammar errors.

/thread

There was nothing of substance to rebut.

>trusting a slide from a crude presentation that any butthurt freetard could have slopped together

Snowden is juat an actor. With all the spying they're supposedly doing don't you think they could have assassinated him by now? We can't even stop mudslimes under FBI investigation from legally obtaining firearms

It was a free download you dipshit...

Any proof for your loony assumption?

>It was a free download
if you already had a windows license

Even non genuine copies got the free upgrade

oh

ok

kek like someone else said "Enjoy the extra malware that came with your malware, fucking dipshit"

i'm not that guy. i don't even use windows

this is why trips should be mandatory because you cant tell whos replying to who

What I love about having an extension that forces all posts to read "Anonymous" is that
THIS ISNT FUCKING REDDIT NEWFAG GTFO

3.11 was good for being i think dos but a ui
95 made the ui work a bit more, more compatibility, but unstable as fuck
98 was stable, but only in comparison to 95
xp was fantastic if you didn't use 2000, and good once service pack 2 came around if you did
vista was a step in the right direction from xp, but the hardware to properly run the fucker didn't exist when it came out.
7 was vista done right from the get go, a marked improvement and the first time 64bit consumer computing came with no caveats
win 8 was a step forward but a step back at the same time, chasing 2 markets with the same os. no real marked improvement over 7 that makes it worth an upgrade
win 10 is another step in the right direction, but no marked improvement over 7, not to mention the spyware always phoning home

>if you don't do anything nothing to worry about

give them an inch they take a mile, i refuse to give that inch.

It's going to be either:

>Free upgrade now extended.

Or

>Free upgrade to Windows 10 Starter. Upgrade to pro for $59.99 a year :^)

They seem to want to do anything to stop 7 being the new XP.

(You)

This is all they offer with some other opt-out settings during installation. There is no way to turn off data collection, it is built into the OS, much like Edge and OneDrive which are always running in the background and transferring data to M$.

Some reg tweaking, group policy options, and a little bit of program removal seems to do the trick.

I'm currently running a win10 install for testing this stuff out. If I can iron out what needs to be disabled, removed, and changed via policy I'll then keep a Wireshark instance running and logging. Whatever slips through gets added to my already modified hosts file, and if it continues (I would be very surprised) I'll report to Sup Forums that it really is impossible.

I get the feeling that most of the people who are very vocal about Win10 being the ultimate spyware are either Freetards trying to convert everyone else to their misery or simple idiots who can't be assed to do their own research

The only way to remove Edge is to take ownership of the folder and delete the files which can brick your OS and make some applications may not work anymore. It still doesn't remove from registry and Store/Windows Update and automatically reinstall the critical apps without your permission.

I just pretend to ignore it now, I just need an updated OS for gayming.

Isn't xp still holding a large chunk of os market???

>I've decided I don't like this OS and I'd like you to supply reasons for it

Because "my first OS was Linux" said nobody ever
>inb4 stallman pasta, go suck off a famas