Windows 7 users, will you ever switch to 10?

Windows 7 users, will you ever switch to 10?

Other urls found in this thread:

howtogeek.com/179629/is-windows-update-broken-5-broken-updates-microsoft-released-in-2013/
computerworld.com/article/2491256/malware-vulnerabilities/microsoft-urges-customers-to-uninstall-blue-screen-of-death-update.html
twnsnd.deviantart.com/art/foobar-ncmpcpp-mod-289083149
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No because it has no new useful features for me compared to 7, has enhanced botnet 2.0, looks like shit and a complete UI overhaul is unlikely.

I guess i'll just switch to Leenux or OS X by then.

Nope. I'm going to ride the 7/mint dual boot train until vulkan gets enough support, then I'll probably switch to SteamOS + a meme distro

Is it better if I just by a legit copy of Windows 7 should I just pirate it?

Buy it. Theft is for niggers.

>buying windows
for what purpose

Because that would be betraying the law.
Please get the reference.

Spybot anti beacon>windows10

Not really, no. I run windows in a VM anyway

Probably not

No.

>he abides by arbitrary laws created by rich tyrants

Here's a (You)

Probably not, I think it looks like shit and I don't play AAA games.

No.

already did. it's been a month so far.

aint so bad, I've only had about 3 errors so far but haven't had any since.

also got nothing to hide :^)

>using the smiley with a carat nose

Not until I absolutely have to. Everything still runs on 7 atm so I have no reason to. This is like the jump from XP to Vista or Win 7. I waited until I had no choice and did so after SP2 for Vista had already come out.

Did you betray the law?

went from win7 to ubuntu
no regrets so far

Switched about a month ago.

I actually enjoy the quasi minimalist design they're going for since I don't have to do jack shit.

Start icons I still gotta get used to.

>Apps

Absolutely not, when support for W7 or if Macroshaft go full retards and literally force the upgrade at some point I'll switch to Linux.

Shut the fuck retard :^)))

Nope
By 2020, gaming on linux is going to be viable. Though I dont ever actually have time to game right now anyways.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

Nope. Win7 is fine for now. When Vulcan is in a decent state my dual boot will change to single and it won't be Windows.

nope

maybe the enterprise version, but i'm sure that shit is backdoored too

>No because it has no new useful features for me compared to 7,
but it has. security.

i have been dual booting windows 10 and xubuntu for months. i recently wiped my hard drive and installed windows 7 with the intention of upgrading to windows 10 but decided to just stick with 7 after using it again for a little while.

windows 7 is just more comfy and nicer to use than 10

W7 still gets security updates.

no
if it gets buttfucked by virii in 2020 then off to ubuntuland I go

I hope there's a decent desktop mac available in 2020.

Yup, like a lot of other people I'll stick with 7 until support ends at which point I'll be finding myself a nice linux distro.

I AM THE LAW

Currently on Windows 8.1 and I really enjoy it, but I can't see myself switching to 10 as a daily driver.

I would ideally like to run Linux as the base OS and contain Windows 10 to a virtual machine, but I'm not sure how well hardware passthrough has matured as far as muh gaymes are concerned.

Once 2020 fappens (if we can survive from nukes that long)
I'll just switch to Arch.

On Windows 7, skipped 8/8.1 over the UI changes, was hoping they'd pull their heads out of their asses for 10, but they shoved them even further in. Windows 10 convinced me to go buy extra drives to dual boot Linux/my last version of Windows, 7.

>No because it has no new useful features for me compared to 7

>Free Bitlocker
>Better Windows backup that can actually be restored
>Store apps
>Free virtualization platform
Yeah right, no useful features, you are an idiot.

Arbitrary laws created by rich tyrants prevent you from getting raped and robbed in the street you complete waste of air.

>>Store apps

nice bait

>stupid fucking people dual booting
>any modern computer under 8-10 years old can do virtual machines nowadays
>whether you use Linux or Windows as a host OS, you can run Linux or Windows as a guest OS without any fucking problems whatsoever
>even 3D works fine in virtual machines these days
>dual booting
>not running multiple OSes at the same time in real-time
>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all

>W7 enterprise has Bitlocker.
>Useless for me, i do my backups manually.
>Useless for me
>VirtualBox is free
You too user :^)

>Free Bitlocker
That all major law enforcement agencies worldwide already have access to thanks to the nature of how Microsoft designed it and then gave them the keys for

>Better Windows backup that can actually be restored
Trusting Windows to be able to back itself up properly - Nope

>Store apps
You mean shit apps, gotcha.

>Free virtualization platform
VMware invented virtualization for the most part and does it better than anybody and VMware Player is free - Hyper-V is a shoddily implemented implementation of virtualization technology and you damned well know it. Ever try to install a Linux distro on Hyper-V? Not much support there, buddy.

>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all

>>Free Bitlocker
Only on pro. Also sends your encryption key to MS servers.

>>Better Windows backup that can actually be restored
Uh, what?

>>Store apps
Really?

>>Free virtualization platform
That doesn't provide 3d acceleration or audio without using a thinclient. And doesn't ANYTHING virtualbox or vmware player, or whatever there is, provides

already did.

replaced the HDD too since my old boot drive IS an Old 160gb hitachi hdd from 07 or 09 and was having problems.

and all my games and shit are in other Hard Drives.

I'm gonna just for pic related game. Not happy.

I'm using default version of windows 7 h.p., never installed updates. stock version.

YOU PEOPLE ARE THE REASON THEY IMPLANTED THAT STUPID AUTO-UPDATE BULLSHIT

Im guessing you don't play games? since newer nvidia drivers require 7sp1 otherwise it fucks up the desktop a bit.

I just switched to windows 10 and it downloaded all the drivers for me!!! I love this os already

Yea? Maybe he'd like to get raped. That's one way of losing virginity.

>I guess i'll just switch to Leenux

same people said about xp -> 7

The real question is "WILL YOU EVER SWITCH TO 10 COUPLE YEARS FROM NOW?"

but I have amd?

I don't like windows 10 in general (inb4hate)

You know, that explains a lot about amd drivers in general

It's a good thing to have choice. You don't seem to remember when windows updates on occasion had the potential to bluescreen your computer.

KB2505438 - Slow performance in applications that use the DirectWrite API on a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 = It often breaks fonts (see also KB454826)

KB2670838 - Platform update for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 = breaks AERO functionality and gives you blurry fonts on some websites

And here's this gem:

>The first issue that caught my attention, via AMD’s Robert Hallock, is that KB 3004394 blocks the installation or update of graphics drivers such as AMD’s new Catalyst Omega. Nvidia users are also reporting difficulty installing GeForce drivers, though I can’t confirm this personally as my machines are all Windows 8.1. Hallock recommended manually uninstalling the update, advice now echoed officially by Microsoft.

>Unfortunately this newest update isn’t limited to graphics driver problems. Redmond hasn’t directly divulged each and every issue, but Microsoft’s Answer Forum is littered with tech-savvy users reporting that USB 3.0 drivers are broken and User Account Control (UAC) prompts have gone haywire. Microsoft has acknowledged that it even prevents the installation of future Windows Updates.

>Perhaps most troubling is that the Windows Defender service – crucial software that blocks viruses and malware — has been disabled by the update.

And here's a small list of what's happened over the years: howtogeek.com/179629/is-windows-update-broken-5-broken-updates-microsoft-released-in-2013/

And I can't forget this:

computerworld.com/article/2491256/malware-vulnerabilities/microsoft-urges-customers-to-uninstall-blue-screen-of-death-update.html

Having automatic updates on is just foolish, all it takes is one bad update.

What is Vulcan?

No, gonna use loonix when the support ends.

Well I was more imply it at the hardware compabilities.

For example. my old Creative Prodikeys PC-MIDI doesn't work with the current Win7 64bit version.
And it literally got no linux drivers for it.

Next step from OpenGL

No.

whats the music player?

cool why did u tell me that

Nothing, just want to start a conversation.

okay im continuing the conversation
how are u?

Fine, thank you.

Foobar obviously.

looks grand, care to share skin ?

look for slim foo, there's also this: twnsnd.deviantart.com/art/foobar-ncmpcpp-mod-289083149

Maybe about vista, but not 7.

actually using ncmpcpp now, but slim looks cleaner desu
thanks

>installing malware to stop malware

memes aside what benefits is there from switching to 7 to 10? Unless M$ restricts games to windows 10 only, which wouldn't surprise me, I see very little to convince me to change.

all future xbone games are coming to windows 10 and windows 10 only

for me it was:
• aesthetics
• inactive window scrolling
• advanced window manager

When Windows 12 is out. People will be going on about how stable, fast, and nice Windows 10 is. They'll say it respects their privacy much more than 12. Based kek.

Windows 10 is the last Windows.

That's like asking XP users if they'll ever switch to 7. It's going to happen eventually.

I was reluctant to switch but I'm enjoying it so far.

OpenGL 5

i downloaded the iso, installed it on an other partition
verified it and got it digitally signed, then burned a dvd copy for posssible future use
i`ll just stick with win7

when dx12 becomes relevant possibly

V G A
P A S S T H R O U G H

Mah nigga

I only use win7 virtually to run a few apps and use linux mint for everything else. I can't imagine what win10 would ever do for me. You can still use xp this way and just disconnect the network connection so it's not online and use it to run your apps.

I suppose if you needed to use a lot of adobe products and played games it would be worth it but then you'd either have a lot of money or make a lot of money so you could just have a dedicated machine for that and then you'd probably have a nice phone and a nice car and you wouldn't have to look up a bus schedule while windows is 'updating'.

no even if they pay for it

They don't even like Windows 8, what the fuck makes you think they'd ever use 10?

Already did. Happy with it.

why would i willingly join the botnet?

Windows 10 is the last Windows.

nope, win7 was the last windows

Windows 8 is better than 7. I'd say it's the last version.

Make me change
> implying that I would install M$10

Nah, I'll buy the Windows after it!

>

Why would any of you not upgrade to The newest and the most bettest version of Microsoft® Windows® ever made?
Come on...
With a better Start Menu, integrated Windows® Store, personal assistant Cortana™, and new browser for best Internet navigate experience, I mean, what is now to love about it?
Be sure to upgrade while you can, because after 29 July it will cost 119,99$! You only have almost only one month to upgrade for free!

- Microsoft® Customer Support, Pajeet Basak

No, im switching to XP after im finished with 7

Win7/ubuntu dualboot here. Beeing wincucked due to win only proprietary shit software i need for work. (No, neither powerpoint nor Photoshop).
Just for interest: win7 install, well mantained, takes up to 30gb of diskspace. How bout win 10?

I had a pirated copy of Windows 7. Saw the notification of "Windows 10 is here. start upgrade" and decided "fuck it"

Was actually surprised that my pirated windows 7 then became a legit copy of Windows 10

After about a week and a half of using Windows 10, I gotta say it's... not bad at all?

Tons of people were saying it caused a shit load of problems with their games, however all my installed games work perfectly fine.

If you have an Xbox One, the built in Xbox app is actually pretty fucking neat. The ability to stream to my PC and use shit like OBS to record my games is great

If you want to buy games on the Microsoft store (why) though, good luck. The MS store is fucking atrocious. Nothing but shovelware mobile apps mixed in with Xbox games. The store is just a complete fucking mess.

If you have an Xbox One, yeah sure Windows 10 is a pretty good update as the functionality between is seamless which is great.

If you don't give a shit about that/don't have an xbox one, then yeah it's a tougher sell.

Up to you man.

nope. i still rely on windows 7 for a few reasons, and when those things are resolved, i'm migrating to linux like everybody else.

with wayland & vulcan on it's way + steam support with a decent number of games, there's little to none reason to care about windows anymore.

the big computing era of microsoft & apple is a thing of the past and those who still cling on to those days are those who are mostly technically inept people, such as women and old people

Only when I inevitably buy a new laptop. Then my win 7 machine will become my backup/ file server.
Dude I can give you a thumb drive with a Windows 7 installer on it that has every version of Windows both x86 and x64 from home basic to ultimate.
No reg key needed.