No love for this? It comes in handy sometimes

No love for this? It comes in handy sometimes.

yeah i guess if you want to make scripts, i just google what I want and copy paste

t. Pajeet

>dumb "ISE" instead of fixing the fucking ridiculous command prompt
>dumb semi-functional weirdo language instead of a reasonable scripting language
>years later they come out with Bash for Windows
>except it's not Bash for Windows, it's exactly the same as Bash on a VM

Fuck PowerShell and fuck Microsoft's idiotic refusal to simply support the GNU toolchain.

Well, the GNU commands work though...

>Meanwhile on linux/unix
>how about we emulate an ancient computer meant solely for interfacing with other computers and then implement a UI that relies on that emulated ancient computer and can only use UTF-8 to draw things
>and make that UI part of the shell instead of a wrapper for it, so your choice of shell is tied to whether or not you have good tab completion and usable line editing, or any line editing at all

>meanwhile on windows
>I wish we had the shitty bloated GANOO toolchain instead of the elegant and simple plan 9 toolchain so we could be compatible with all that shitty hobbyist software from linux. windows isn't shitty enough.

Why haven't you told me this exists before you fuckhead!

>and make that UI part of the shell instead of a wrapper for it, so your choice of shell is tied to whether or not you have good tab completion and usable line editing, or any line editing at all
wth are you even trying to say? did you just have a stroke ?

>GUI to write CLI tools that wrap GUI tools

Install zsh. Zsh tab completion is part of zsh. Zsh is linked to zle. Zsh is shit, but zle is good.
Install bash. Bash tab completion is part of bash. Bash is linked to GNU readline. Readline is shit, but bash is good.

What if you could install bash and use zle? What if you could be an ultra pleb and use zsh with readline? What if shells were modular?

having line editing built in is an anachronism and a hack

It's magnificent.

>the elegant and simple plan 9 toolchain

What toolchain? It's a fucking command interpreter, not a toolchain.

And it's not elegant. Not the way they sold it, anyway. They were extremely vague and devious when they introduced it, because they knew they'd scare people off if they were honest.

What?

being able to call the entire .NET api from powershell is neat

does powershell only work on windows?

They were extremely vague and devious because they were too busy childishly giggling about how silly they made GNU's arbitrary verbosity and complexity look

Not even vaguely true.

It was a pet project of a bunch of dickhead dweebs who wanted to weasel their way into control of Microsoft's direction. Like everything at MS, it was a result of pure infighting.

I'm going to open myself up to some serious shitposting here and admit that I'm considering upgrading to 10 for this feature.

Is it worth it? It would make a lot of my dev work a shitton easier.

Inputting GNU commands is allowed.

I'd say it's worth, but I'm no dev, so I can't tell you much from here. Try it on a VM if you are not sure though, or watch some videos on it.

>Lettuce give the lusers a scripting tool, but not allow them to use their own scripts without some trick fuckery.
no thanks. I would rather reinstall Gahnoo + loonix.

WTF are you talking about?