Who here is hyped for Zen?

>Broadwell performance
>twice the cores
>95W TDP
>much lower price

Other urls found in this thread:

libreboot.org/faq/#amdpsp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Amd makes the best gpu's but i doubt they could make both cpu's and gpu's good.

they have to they want to be better for you money brand. They want too make a cpu that is budget enough for servers to buy them as well as powerful as intel

Can't say I'm hyped, but I'm open to being pleasantly surprised.

Their CPUs are good for some stuff, or if your budget is tighter than a gnat's asshole.

Not hyped. I'd loved to be surprised but after Barcelona and Bulldozer I don't think I'll be hyped for an AMD CPU again.

>2016
>people equate IPC to performance
this is worth than the GHz myth

Ah yes price/perf wise they are unbeatable, but intel fags will come up with "Muh used xeon is better" with dodgy and obscure motherboards.

But the main processor market right now is convertible laptops,
XxXXtreme gayming logos pc'sxXxXx, consoles and mobile.

The laptop market on the high end is owned by intel, gayming is from intel and nvidia, consoles is 100% amd, mobile is 100% qualcomm and dont even deny it since even iphones have qualcomm modems.

And the HPC segment is owned by intel mostly and IBM.

Better than Intel or not, I don't really care.
They need to step it up because intel price is really ridiculous right now, not even C2D ever reach this leve of jewishness.

integrated graphics is being dominated by Amd dafuck you on about goy

Im hyped because I'm a poorfag who hates spending a nickel. Gonna build another full AMD system even after I told myself never again because of the microstuttering and frame skipping I get from the A10-5800k and R7 260x system I built.

Performance/price/efficiency wise yes, absolutelly dominated by amd

But quantity wise Israel INtegrated TechnoLogies sells more

It's going to shit as always.

> they're having trouble implementing USB 3.1

Oh yea I'm thrilled

Literally who cares though?

I don't even own USB3 compatible devices to begin with.

I was, until it came out that it would feature AMD's Security Processor botnet/backdoor, which considering the US government's recent push to force companies to sign malware for them makes it seem like an unwise purchase.

noone mentioned ipc you crazy memester

Confirmed bullshit.

I haven't really been keeping up with all the Zen rumors, when are these chips suppose to be released?

Q4 but I have heard some rumors about it being pushed back to Q1.

"I don't use it so improvements are not necessary"
Are you kidding me :')

Thats a shit system, why not pentium g4400 and 750 ti ?

>I wasn't around during the ATI era

yeah when i got my i5 4690 refresh it was hilarously overpriced.

Last time I was hyped for a CPU was when the Athlon was a rumor and I was able to get a taste of it from a vendor. I recall hearing murmurs of how this new slot cpu from AMD was the real deal. Thus began the Athlon and opteron lines and it was great. CPU lid/heat spreaders weren't a thing when AMD moved away from slot but you could connect the bridges with a graphite pencil for overclocking or crack the core itself by being a brute. Intel was always overpriced. The old celerons were a bang way back in the day because they had so much OC potential. Anyways besides that Intel wasn't that great until core2duo at the least.

if it's significantly better than my 3770K and supports DDR4 then maybe yeah

Built it 9 months ago when prices were different. I was on a strict 500 dollar budget. To be frank, I hadn't built a PC in about a decade either so I didn't know how shit entry level AMD parts were.

source

>Ah yes price/perf wise they are unbeatable

Except that they aren't because Intel has overclockable dual core Pentiums that are cheap as hell and shit down the throat of AMDs cheap crap. And AMDs "8" core fire hazards are only slightly faster than a cheap i3 and much slower than an i5.

Their APUs are barely better than the integrated graphics and CPU performance of any Iris chip.

Zen had better be a MASSIVE step up or AMD are fucked.

I would be happy if this was true, but I remember them and their benchmarks saying the same about Bulldozer and Piledriver and not only did nthey not even deliver close to that, but they were far away from it.
Hell the issue with their shit wa so bad that some Mainboard manufacturers removed official support for all 125W TDP chips if you did not use a big aftermarkt top blow cooler to reduce stress on the board.

Zen is a completely new architecture though, do there is a good chance that that won't happen

That was Bulldozer aswell.
I will believe nothing they tell me unless they deliver in something else than 7zip.

I will gladly accept the competiton in hopes this forces Intel finaly lower prices and thus used prices aswell.

im hype
still running overclocked phenom II x4 965 overclocked to 3,8ghz
might upgrade soon even though its still fine

Still waiting for it to build my new servers and desktop.
I'm either going with the previus used opterons for the servers and going with zen for the desktops

>Who here is hyped for Zen?
Me and my wallet

speed drops a bit at worst case scenario

There isn't a big difference between USB 3 and 3.1

libreboot.org/faq/#amdpsp