So there's this local guy cleaning his garage and is selling pic related for 20€

So there's this local guy cleaning his garage and is selling pic related for 20€.
>Commodore Amiga 600 with hard drive and 2MB RAM with a box of floppies+ joystick's if he find's them

I never used these machines and don't know shit about them, also as much I could find out it's a 1992 machine with a motorola CPU, so no Windows or Linux, just the OS it comes with.
He told me it's a great gaming machine but I don't find anything special Googling about it, not to mention I never heard of it before, is it worth the purchase? There's none on E-bay so I have no clue how much they actually cost, could I at least make a profit on it?If not, the PSU was pretty heavy and probably could get quite some copper out of it, also wonder what hard drive it has, probably could sell it? Keyboard felt nice too, some sticky goo on it tho but mechanical probably, is there a way to mod it for a PC?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qb0WIXa7G_M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

most over hyped shit ever
it was already obsolete when it came out

Buy it. I made a shitload of Drum and Base music on mine. You can also play a lot of games on it.

I don't know what the relative value of things are in Eurodisney, but US$23 for a complete Amiga seems worthwhile for some early 90s fun ... does it work?

youtube.com/watch?v=qb0WIXa7G_M

As he said, yeah, works.
What counts as 90's fun?

That's cool, but not my thing.

Well

sounds like you're clueless and don't have a use for it, and i think it'd be hard to resell it, i'd only recommend buying it if you're a computer geek and interested in this retro stuff

Nah, useless. But could I have the guys email? Just for stuff.

>hard to resell
I've seen even broken units go for like 80$

>has a hard drive and software
sounds pretty turnkey, go for it if you're interested, old platforms are fun to explore and put to work again, gives you a purpose and a chance to learn something you never would have bothered with otherwise

Buy it, I'd buy it off your hand's for double of that!

Hey user, are you still here? Hope you did not leave! I'm serious, please think about it, I pay for shipping and everything.

>Commodore Amiga 600 with hard drive
Are you sure?
It should say "A600HD" then on the label.

600HD had a HD in stock, adding one to a stock non 600HD is as easy as just plugging it in the mini IDE header. If he has a 2MB ram upgrade then a HD upgrade is nothing.

Oh, I thought they lacked the controller too.

No, Commodore was not your everyday Nvidia who would forcefully remove hardware for cheaper products.

It's garbage but for $20 you can make money by selling it on eBay to a nostalgiafaggot. Slap on VINTAGE RETRO COOL, instant sale.

Get an additional mouse and get ready for some Settlers split-screen multiplayer action

fuck off

Ah really why's that now? There's already a couple of losers in this thread offering to buy it. You're sitting on a hipster goldmine, op. Know your shitty audience, instead of VINTAGE RETRO COOL, make up some faggot story about how its "such a good ol girl" and say "over the years". Instant bonus on the sale, they'll pay full price with their dick in their hand.

this

>wanting a nice piece of engineering in the hands of some hipster faggots

Amiga fag's are probably the only ones that want top shape new hardware then used. Better is boxed from factory. They ain't retrofags, they are a class of faggots by their own.
Retrofags ain't really into Amigas, you notice that looking at the "home made" museum pages of retrofags. (When you lurk the forums, it's like they actually even dislike each other)

Adding something like "good ol girl" will make them cringe and go for the 3x pricier "top notch in box" option.

it aint even retro, plebs still make games, software and hardware for it

It's 40 years old, some business threw it out two decades ago and now you, without having lived through the era have fallen for this meme having heard "commodore 64" repeated one too many times think it has value by calling it "engineering". Well, it does have money outside of that due to retarded hipsters, but it's secretly garbage. There's no point in having it when you can emulate it a hundred times over from any PC from 2000 let alone 2016. Make some money, op, just make sure you don't keep it or else it won't be used for anything besides having pictures taken of it with semen accumulations over the years

This is some shitty bait, even non-retro people know that the Amiga was a home computer/console, those things don't age, it still plays stuff as it did 24 years ago, made in 1992 not 1976 btw, check your math.

>you can emulate it
>used for anything besides having pictures taken
>Implying you would emulate it if you had the real deal, kek

Also, probably only platform what's not 100% accurate to emulate, having hardware emulation with real hardware is way better then software emulation on some 2016 PC.

Bahah you fell for bait.

Pretending that you can't emulate it "accurately" is a cop out that you hide behind, you will not list the details of what it's missing so you can keep repeating "accuracy". Tell me is "accuracy" secretly meaning "it has to be shit or I can't jack off?". Reminds me of SNES losers who say starfox on zsnes is bad because it runs at 60 instead of 30 fps. No, I did not mix those up.

OP - your loyal client base is here. Make sure to put a paragragh or two in the eBay listing about how emulators are bad because they're too good

Offer him €5 for just getting it out of his way. Fuck profit

>accuracy
Accuracy means that programs, games and demos what use hardware exploits to get their shit done and to get more out of the limited hardware.

What are you, 16? Never used any actual older hardware?

Accuracy means you are an old, bitter fuck who can't change past whatever you had when you were 16. Make that money OP.

you pleb know they make hardware emulators for those systems as add on cards? much faster than software emulation

I'm 24, I never owned a Amiga in my youth, I just like hardware and technology, no matter the age of it.

What's your argument now? Stop shittposting, that's just stupid.

More customers for OP! VERY RARE VINTAGE SERIOUS OFFERS ONLY PLEASE. Just like the guy who had the transnote up for $900,000+, it's all the same hipster inflated shit, your particular hipster shit is no different. BTW op, wrap it in plastic, say it wasn't ever opened, then say its collectible. They won't ever open it so you can go ahead and take a shit in the box

>They won't ever open it so you can go ahead and take a shit in the box
Why is Amiga shit so popular then? Accelerator card, expansion, new software and hardware being made for it all the time, just for a machine whats in a corner boxed?
Amiga shit ain't for retrotards, your posts are shit.
See
This is probably the only accurate post in this thread.

>tfw mommy didn't buy me that awesome computer back when and now i have to resort to trolling on Sup Forums