What cloud service do you use, /g?

What cloud service do you use, /g?

Cumulonimbus

is there some program to sync or manage all your different cloud services?

what's the reason to have more than one cloud?

Using both Drive (to file sharing and direct multi-users file edition) and OneDrive (File storage, got 1TB with my Microsoft Office licence)

I use BitTorrent Sync

I get more free storage...

Jotta Cloud.
Practically unlimited storage, unless you host your own server there or something.

>no linux

OneDrive for non personal stuff and an external hdd for personal shit

>being poor
user just choose your favorite and pay the small amount they ask for for the storage you need

Nextcloud, of course

but you have to have a server in order to use that

Google Drive, since I already have a GMail account.

Raspberry pi : 40€
SD card* : 10€
External HDD* : 50€
Power supply* : 10€
Eth and USB cables* : 10€
*if you don't already have those laying somewhere in your house
Total : between 40 and 120€ depending what you have

you forgot you also need to maintain that, make backup and be sure not to destroy all you files accidentally

OVH is my ISP, so I have 10 TB on their hubic platform. Only use it for backups, though.

>maintain
Not if it's stable :^)
>backup
Technically, you have one backup for every computer you sync

What do you do if your house burns down?

Do you need a static IP ?

Drive gives 1TB free for students, so I use that. Best part is, my school lets you have your e-mail address for life.

Not really
You can use services like dtdns.net or no-ip

Dynamic DNS or static IP

Surprised at the lack of Mega mentions

Because mega unfortunately has gone to tits

non-free software

use google drive just as i've had 2 years worth of 100gb for free, may actually pay for it when it finishes.

Using Dropbox but not happy with it. Is been maxed out at 8gig for some time. And that's just photos and family videos.

Looking to setup my own cloud soon for the wife and I.

How so?

I use owncloud for personal shit. And Google Drive for work.

>paying for cloud storage

I don't

I use a microsd. It's been the best cloud service so far.

>500mb bonus to propage the botnet!

In order from worth to best that I have used

>google drive
absolute cluster fuck of an interface and to use.
fucking horrible

>one drive
This falls somewhere in the middle, the drag and drop interface make it easy like dropbox
but things like managing your share links doesn't always come intiutively
you cannot pause uploads/downloads to it, it just does what it wants.

>Dropbox
Pleasure to use, everything feels natural. sharing links is easy to do and manage

With that being said, if you need 1TB of space, onedrive has the best value.
its like $6/month or so, for less than the price of dropbox just for yourself you can get onedrive + office 365 for yourself and 4 other family members.

why sd card?

OS for rPi

STACK by TransIP.

Forgot to mention: 1TB is free

>trans
>>/lgbt/

This one. Works pretty fast and stable. But syncthing doesn't have "zero knowledge node" feature e.g. encrypt data stored on vps. So im thinkin about moving to btsync.

>Using ANYTHING else than owncloud

You guys just love getting fucked by corporations do you?

>mfw just used public computers and now have 18gb of storage
Nothin personnel, botnet

>owncloud
>no client side encryption
Use Seafile, its encryption is crap, but its better than nothing.

why not actually use gnu/linux instead of just ssh for the picture from your toyOS?

owncloud is deprecated.

>tfw I encrypt my drives on client side
How so?

devs moved to nextcloud

Hmm... I'll guess I wait until nextcloud is established enough and move to it then.

sounds good gentooman

google drive...i got 100 gigs free for using an lg phone

>google drive...i got 100 gigs free for using an lg phone
Using a LG G4 here, I also have 100GB free.But I don't like the service.

yea it can be annoying. but it gets the job done

Ignore those two who responded, you don't need it at all.

Personal home server. I trust myself and have adequate backups.

god bless the people at TransIP

Owncloud is so last week.
Today, we are on Nextcloud!

It's just a pure owncloud clone now, fully compatible.
You better switch early so you can follow the updates

Could i get an invite code?

Use a Dutch VPN. Request code. Wait. Redeem. Use it anywhere.

Ok i got a dutch vpn and requested the code. How long does it take to get the code?

Mega.nz

Could take up to 5 days.
I received in 26 hours.

>Mega.nz
RIP

>Could take up to 5 days.

>>google drive
>absolute cluster fuck of an interface and to use.
>fucking horrible

The fuck are you on about?

>OneDrive

Get the next gen sync client otherwise it's fucking dog shit

Not to mention the fucking problems with shit OneDrive For Business. Which cunt decided to use fucking SharePoint libraries?

If a staff member saves a file with # or % in the name it stops uploading fucking everything.

My home server

pls

Just STACK, 1TB ought to be enough

Google Drive.
The only valuable files I own are my personal photos and videos that I have taken. They only have sentimental value to me, not like I give a shit that they are in the hands of google.

My phone automatically uploads them to Drive, so I dont have to worry about my phone getting lost or stolen. I still back them up to my computer from time to time, but Im not scared of Google losing them.

>OneDrive
>If a staff member saves a file with # or % in the name it stops uploading fucking everything.

Holy crap this. Try explaining to a bunch of end users that special characters and file types (like PSTs) won't sync up to their OneDrive because of it's design.

Not to mention, if they try to upload several gigs of data, it becomes a complete shitshow and they often have to blow out the library and start all over again.

Microsoft is really making the administrative end of IT a real living fucking hell, I'll tell you h-what.

rclone.

Wow, one whole gigabyte!

I got free 50gb with Dropbox so yeah

spideroak

Baidu 250gb

that's 1tb you dumbfuck

>house burn downs

Congrats, you're a retard who doesn't understand backups.

>self-hosting
>not putting data off-site

Look at this faggot

Not him but does TB translate to GB in German? That would be pretty annoying

It clearly says 1000GB in the picture, retard.

Google Drive with my folders encrypted for the important documents.

1000 GB isn't a terabyte fucking retard

Get pedantic all you want but it's certainly not the "one whole gigabyte" from this post

for jew manufacturers and service providers it is...

i host owncloud on my VPS. it works well for me. i really just do it for important documents i want backed up and school work i want to be able to acess while on the go.

>owncloud on your own VPS
>thinking this is any better than just using a cloud service

You own the exact same amount of hardware and software in both use cases. Host it yourself or gtfo.

i use the VPS for other things besides owncloud.
I don't have to worry about maintaining the hardware.

some of us have lives and don't have time to tinker with our little computers in the dark all day, faggot.

>worrying about maintaining hardware

You're not running Windows m8. Set it and forget it. Or just buy a Synology or QNAP or anything similar. You're already paying that monthly VPS bill so might as well invest that into something that will save you money over time that also requires minimal work. Also, it would arguably be easier to setup than your own VPS since all of these companies offer far easier solutions than OwnCloud.

What is a cloud and how is it any different from a home server?

You can run your own cloud services on your home server retard. Thus shit like OwnCloud.

What the "the cloud" refers to in non-autismal speech is simply 3rd party remotely hosted services. "Other people's computers" always struck me as incorrect. It's not referencing storing shit on people's desktop computers like this implies. Whoever made this doesn't seem to have much of a grasp on the term or what the implications of using it in different context means.

Though, clearly it sounds great to people that don't know what they're talking.

DropBox

None. I just keep some external hard drives around with backups of my files.

those "services" are stored somewhere, and you seem to think that servers are not computers that are owned by someone else

your mom

Google Drive. Idk why

I guess you don't know what the word "hosted" means. Then again you don't seem to understand anything about how people actually use words in the first place so it's likely meaningless to even argue this with you.

>pic related
we know.

and what is the difference the storage of data and "hosting" that these cloud services do?

To me it seems the "cloud" is just a buzzword for file server

Seriously why don't people just get an external harddrive?

Google Drive.

OneDrive is fucked, or I'd use it.
iCloud isn't good at partial sync, or I'd use it.

>an external hard drive

Right, because using an external hard drive gives you enterprise-level uptime and integrity protection. Also, part of the point of cloud storage is that it's always accessible at decent speeds. Your external hard drive, even assuming you manage to share it (securely) over the internet, is subject to the whims of your consumer-grade PC, your consumer-grade router, your consumer-grade modem, and your residential internet service plan. Meanwhile, Google Drive measures its annual downtime in *minutes*.

>Right, because using an external hard drive gives you enterprise-level uptime and integrity protection.

Not connecting it to the internet gives better security than any online service can promise me

>Also, part of the point of cloud storage is that it's always accessible at decent speeds.

Can easily access my external hdd from my pocket

>Your external hard drive, even assuming you manage to share it (securely) over the internet, is subject to the whims of your consumer-grade PC, your consumer-grade router, your consumer-grade modem, and your residential internet service plan. Meanwhile, Google Drive measures its annual downtime in *minutes*

Do you believe everything has to be connected and shared with the internet?

It's not like I have to worry about my scanned baseball card collection being seen by hackers

And if we're talking about security and accessibility, you would be better off not depending an online service

>better security than any online service can promise me

Not only is that wrong, it's completely irrelevant to the statement you're quoting. Uptime and integrity protection have nothing to do with "security". Even if they did, what's more likely: the "security" of your cloud storage being compromised, or your hard drive (presumably pocketed regularly) being compromised by getting wet, getting lost, getting stolen, getting dropped, etc? Especially if it's your only copy of the data. Which, if it's not, there's no point in even having it on you most of the time.

>Can easily access my external hdd from my pocket

Define 'easily'. If your definition of 'easily' involves only being able to plug it into a laptop/desktop -- not a smartphone or tablet -- and even then, only being able to practically do so when you have a table upon which to set your laptop and drive, then your definition differs from mine.

>Do you believe everything has to be connected and shared with the internet?

I believe that I'd rather have things synced to all my devices automatically, subject to immediate restoration in the event of any potential hardware failure, than carry a fucking hard drive around with me all the time.