Is there anything wrong with planned obsolescence or it is a Sup Forums meme?

Is there anything wrong with planned obsolescence or it is a Sup Forums meme?

I don't like the idea of companies purposefully and forcefully obsoleting perfectly good hardware.
You know why websites have gotten so bloated?
It's to keep 10 year old pre dual core machines from being usable on the internet.

Also shimakaze-kun a cute.

>is there anything wrong with producing lots of unnecessary waste
(You)

Cute boy

>being an enviromentfag

>You know why websites have gotten so bloated?
>It's to keep 10 year old pre dual core machines from being usable on the internet.
kek
intuitive UI is not some jew conspiracy

don't get me wrong, I love a website in plain HTML and often prefer it, but normies have voted with their clicks that they prefer sleek, intuitive UI even if it is bloated and lagged by shitty javascript even when unnecessary. It makes websites seem more credible to normies, in a way.

waste of money
waste of time
not all waste is environmental, you're messing about replacing something that shouldn't need replacing

link fullsize please

search "Shimakaze-kun no Heya"

meme, I still use hardware from 2006 and it just werks. Not really fast, but works.

I want to kiss him and jerk his dick and feel his hot cum all over my hand.

Why shouldn't it need replacing?

>not giving a fuck about your environment you live in
Go bath in some oil leakage, nigger

this is too lewd, don't look at such things user!

Depends on the definition of planned obsolescences.

Companies try and make all of the components fail at the same time.

>wahhh my 10 year old shittop can't use all the latests and greatest features
-people who complaina bout planned obscolence

I've seen optional changes be categorized with "planned obsolescence"
but really the only genuine form is where the physical (esp. structural) integrity of the item you purchase degrades far faster than others might, when you can't replace the degraded part/s without replacing the whole item (esp. if the part isn't sold separately).

The most obvious offender that springs to mind is using textured rubber grips on luxury items where metal or plastic may have served the purpose equally well while lasting 2-10x longer.

wanna fug that bote

me too thanks

In some cases it is okay but take apple iPads, they all surpass when it comes to hardware quality vs planned support.
I have a 1gen iPad with 3g and I still use it to this day but no one develops apps that support it anymore largely because of the iOS ( I know it is because of the ram it can't get newer iOS). But one app like TomTom GPS worked and got updates until last year when they deemed the 1gen too old. You don't tell me that TomTom, a company that have made and still is making map updates to GPS units with worse specs then what the iPad has not been asked/ told to stop supporting it by apple. The iPad is great as a GPS and a comic book reader but with the 128mb ram it was kneecapped from the start. Wish apple would release their obsolete devises to install modded OS's on, but that would more far fetched then me getting a water polo team including JFK, Jimmy Hendrix and Robbie Williams

When are you planning to die user?
Are you even planning to die user?
There is your answer

modularity and adaptability
imagine if you had to throw out your computer because a new architecture was created everytime a new windows was released

Does any company do it other than Applel?

It's fucking cancer.

> hardware hasn't advanced at all in years
> paying more for the same garbage

wew

>makes website seem more credible to normies
That would probably be the result of UR WINNER!!!11 scams which were and still seem to be themed like win 98 to xp.

Also I have to point out that even desktop versions of a ton of sites literally look like they were designed to be used on an iPhone. Wonder how that came about hmm.

It's obviously bad, hardware in the past used to last much longer, I used my old PC for over 8 years

>hardware hasn't advanced at all in years

One of my favorite doujinshi series desu.

Of course there is something wrong with it. Why would "throw things away just because" ever be good?

You enjoy buying bad products?

>is there anything wrong with a shady business practice that is illegal and doesn't benefit the consumer in any way or is it a meme?
What are you even trying to ask?

>not blocking java script anyway

Dumb anime poster

Question is wrongly stated. If it's not a meme then there is everything wrong with it. And for me it's not only about jewing out every penny, it's just fucking bad for environment that is to be inherited by future generations.

Bingo

I, for one, am happy to have a shitty droid XT1030 with a built-in battery which now heats the exterior to a toasty glow after thirty minutes of use.

Heavens forfend all the interior components getting slowly worn out by this, and the replacement process happening to involve removing twelve tiny screws and dissection of the antenna, let alone forcing the case open and risking static bricking the phone from the get-go.

Pushes me to get a newer phone. Too bad it's going to be a droid Turbo with the exact same battery issues

>draw a girl
>call it a boy

posting faggot shit on /fit/ isnt enough for you fuck boi, isnt it?

just fucking leave, dont make me post a picture of you.

That's not my picture

>damage control before the damage is even done
o i am laffin

There is no such thing as planned obsolescence. Technology advances and things get left behind, it's always been like that.

For example the ZTE Blade from 2010 has a 480p screen, 3MP camera, 512MB RAM, an ancient single ARM CPU core running at 600 MHz, and of course a microsd slot (up to 32GB). This phone had shit specs because that was the best we could do at the time.

Now we have an $80 android phone just 6 years later that shits all over this phone. The ZTE Warp Elite from 2016 has a 720p screen, 13MP camera, 2048MB RAM, a modern quad-core A53 CPU running at 1,200 MHz, and of course a microsd slot (up to 2048GB). This insanely cheap phone has amazing specs because technology has improved this much as of right now.

In 2010 we didn't have the technology to make the ZTE Warp Elite, let alone sell it for under $100.

test

Forgot to mention, the ZTE Blade had 512MB of internal storage and the ZTE Warp Elite has 16GB of internal storage.

The resources, money, ect isn't wasted because it is exactly what "nerds" decide to buy. We can infer from their purchasing decision that there is nothing they would rather spend their money on than the latest hardware. The unstated premise of the comic is that the author believes his ecological values are objectively better than the values of the "nerds"

Furthermore, had the "nerds" not bought the new hardware, they would have spent their money on something else of similar price consuming a similar amount of inputs.

>is there anything wrong with manufacturers intentionally making your possessions useless

Only thing sure is that they dont make things how they used to. And they ain't built to last...

If they are purposely gimping something that would otherwise work it should be a crime.

If they add new features to new shit and it honestly wont work on the old shit with a simple software update its fair.

When you say planned obsolescence I assume you mean the first which is actual sabotage and another reason to push for foss software on this shit so we can fix it ourselves.

Websites are bloating cause coders are shit and if they dont absolutely have to be efficient they wont be.

Ever be doing something the right way and everyone else cuts corners cause they can get away with it? Ya thats it.

>kun
fuck you

get the fuck out tripnigger

I'm pretty sure Robbie Williams plays polo from time to time. Robin Williams in the other hand....

obsolescence is not planned. it just happens. shit gets old and less supported through natural progression.

>companies blather about how their latest plastic piece of biodegradable shit is the most environmentally friendly piece of shit to date
>still fucking breaks and has to be junked in less than a year

I just want something that just werks. Anything software related is even worse, mechanical things can be fixed, but if any software, or device that runs on software becomes outdated its fucking TRASH at that point.

rWhat you're looking for doesn't exist. Almost all tech becomes dogshit after 5-10 years.

You mean 2-3 years.

>can`t even use the catalog feature in 4chins without enabling javascript

I bet the jews did this.

No one ever implied that was a girl, even without seeing the actual full image, you're just blind if you cannot see a boy here, or just gay as fuck

It's the name or the thing you fucking flamboyant faggot

Hail Capitalism

Establishing preference isn't saying something is objectively better. Also, cyclical consumption is destroying the world for us, and will be an impractical model for other reasons, mainly because of the increased application of automation, and its growing efficiency. Some values may be projected to make life for the majority of us a lot more difficult, as consumerism does, so I see no reason we shouldn't oppose it.

Why produce more waste and throw away otherwise perfectly usable products turned unusable because a link was specifically designed to fail much earlier than normal? So that a bunch of faggots could keep their jobs? Why have kids in the first place?

>intuitive UI
>intuitive
Literally the most intuitive website I've ever used is Sup Forums. I wish more websites had interfaces like this.

how the fuck does Sup Forums have an intuitive UI, even with appchan x this site is still a clusterfuck

Casual post 2000 facebook babby detected.

>visit the homepage (assuming it's your first visit)
>use the FAQ if you're confused
>figure out which board you want to visit
>start reading the index
>figure out the nature of the website as you go along, aka lurk moar

I'm sorry you need a fucking tutorial to use a goddamn website.

>You don't tell me that TomTom, a company that have made and still is making map updates to GPS units with worse specs then what the iPad has not been asked/ told to stop supporting it by apple.
Those dedicated GPS units don't have to run iOS on top of their GPS software on their >128mb ram, and their screens are much lower resolution, which takes up less ram to power that. A better comparison would be if TomTom supports their six year old GPS devices. I highly doubt there's some conspiracy between Apple and TomTom because it's pretty logical that nobody wants to support a six year old device that almost nobody uses anymore.

There's nothing wrong with technology advancing and making old stuff obsolete. There is something wrong with trying to make stuff obsolete before its time.

Their app works fine but a map update which have none more load then updating some roads and zones is too much for the device? The app costs approx 100$ so they get their money in some way

planned obsolescence is a result of progress traps

So feel free to try and solve it.

>which have none more load then updating some roads and zones is too much for the device?
That literally could be the case. If they added more detail to the maps, your hardware could very well be incapable of running it.

>The app costs approx 100$ so they get their money in some way
It depends on how much work is needed to get the map updates to work on your device. If they have to modify the maps in any way, then it'll cost TomTom more than $100 in labor and they need a certain amount of people willing to pay $100 for it to be worth it for them. Given how fucking old and how few people use the first gen iPad, I highly doubt it is profitable for TomTom to give you map updates. Companies aren't charities, they only do things that profit them. If you spent $100 for six fucking years of service, I'd say you got your money's worth.

Damn I actually changed it because I typed it Robine and it suggested Robbie and just to post fast I thought that must be the right way.

Yeah you are maybe right, but if we take a look on how others just stopped supporting the iPad 1gen ( apple stopped approx 2 years after release) and how long TomTom supported it, then I ask why can't other devs do that ( this is in hindsight, I don't expect to get anything new to a fucking 6 year old shit iPad.)

No there is nothing wrong with it
voluntaryutopia.blogspot.com/2010/07/in-defense-of-planned-obsolescence.html

relativist thinking is poison
you can use that logic to justify anything

also that artist lit a bunch of his books on fire and went on a crazy rant after he stole a bunch of money from people

its actually just abstraction being piled on abstraction in terms of programming the web.

you're ignoring the point.
the point is that if software wasn't spaghetti-coded and running on an interpreter in a vm in the most inefficient and disgusting curry-infested language it is possible to write it in, you wouldn't need a phone with a fucking xeon.

if nothing you could ever do on your phone would even use HALF of 512MB of ram or stress that cpu, why would you need to upgrade, ever? the fact that that microsd slot was limited to 32GB in the first place is evidence of the planned obsolescence we're discussing itt
the same with that 480p screen. are you fucking kidding me, you honestly believe 480p was the best they could do? they put that shit in there because they wanted to put something on the ad for the next phone they came up with 6 months later with the 720p screen.

if android software was written in a C-family language and had coding standards (no inefficient algorithms allowed), it would be screaming fast on a 16MHz calculator CPU with 20MB of ram.

wow are you sure

disgusting shit, yaoi crossdressing garbage

Not him but even futaba did that

>Yotsuba and Futaba
>literally not the same thing

>>gnu/pol/
that's right, they aren't.

Who are you quoting?

?

sorry I clicked the wrong post my man

Get something based on openstreetmap
Free map updates forever

>they aren't
>moot admitted to just taking futaba source code and making it english
When I said "Sup Forums is the most intuitive website" I meant all imageboard style websites are intuitive, Sup Forums being the most prominent English imageboard website.

different font sizes

>he hasn't woven a comfy NEETnest of pizza boxes, USB cables, and wadded tissues
it is almost mating season you know