gnu.org/.
gnu.org/licenses/quick-guide-gplv3.en.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>nano

fuck stallman

fuck torvalds

fuck amd

keep your hate speech of this board.

>And, with this release, we take leave of the herd...
>Bye! And thanks for all the grass!

Okay schlomo, what cpu brand do you recommend?

VIA?

Okay dude thanks i'll try it

Backstory?

>Benno (((Schulenberg)))

fuck off pol

I'm actually surprised that it's still maintained.

Found the Jew. I use OS X over Linux because Mac's were created by whites.

So was Linux.

Unless you're buying into the Sup Forums memes and think all Finns are mongols.

GNU is kike software with a kike license, which is what the kernel is under: GPL.

Hail BSD licenses, a license for proud capitalistic whites.

nano have bugs? Nice, but for quick editing i use vi as it's literally everywhere.

BSD is a cuck software with a cuck license, which is what the kernel is under: KEKlicence

Hail GPLv3, a license that repels your nearby cuckolds

It seems some core developers (Benno) were not happy assigning their copyrights to the FSF so it was the easiest solution. They remain GPL and they want to stay on savannah as well.

ATT laughs on you losers.

youtube.com/watch?v=fVrQdz_x9hs

Good goyim, forget about capitalism and embrace communism. Don't forget to prep the bull before you go.

VIA processors come with built in random number generators, and they don't bypass the Linux (more like shitnux) pool like Intels do.

I see nothing to suggest that nano is no longer a GNU project, apart from that odd sentence.

It's still licensed GPLv3, nothing on the site even hints at a divergence from GNU, in fact nano's very *existence* seems to be solely because of software freedom:

nano-editor.org/dist/v2.6/README

>The nano project was started because of a few "problems" with the
>wonderfully easy-to-use and friendly Pico text editor.

>First and foremost was its license: [...]

Nano is for the retarded people who can't into vi.

nanorc file, the first line has changed from:
>## Sample initialization file for GNU nano.
to
>## Sample initialization file for nano.

Fuck you, I can into vi, I just can't outof it

Literally /thread

I'm on the GNU maintainers team; I want to clarify a couple things about this:

First, Nano has _not_ left the GNU project; GNU Nano still does and will continue to exist. The current maintainer of GNU Nano---Chris Allegretta---was hoping to add Benno Schulenberg as a co-maintainer, citing numerous contributions by him. Unfortunately, Benno refused to accept GNU's maintainership agreement, and so was not appointed. Benno also did not want to assign copyright to the FSF for his contributions.

Instead, it seems, Benno decided to fork the project. But he did so with hostility: he updated the official GNU Nano website, rather than creating a website for the fork.

It's early, so there's still discussion going on, but again, to be clear: GNU Nano has absolutely not left GNU.

>communism is bad
lol

No need to be so defensive.
You guys still have GNU ed.

Benno, the hero we need!

Nice

Come back when you're 18 and ready to grow up and join the alt right.

Subject: The True Path (long)
Date: 11 Jul 91 03:17:31 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.religion.emacs,alt.slack

When I log into my Xenix system with my 110 baud teletype, both vi and Emacs are just too damn slow. They print useless messages like, ‘C-h for help’ and ‘“foo” File is read only’. So I use the editor that doesn't waste my VALUABLE time.

Ed, man! !man ed

ED(1) Unix Programmer's Manual ED(1)

NAME
ed - text editor

SYNOPSIS
ed [ - ] [ -x ] [ name ]
DESCRIPTION
Ed is the standard text editor.

Computer Scientists love ed, not just because it comes first alphabetically, but because it's the standard. Everyone else loves ed because it's ED!

“Ed is the standard text editor.”

And ed doesn't waste space on my Timex Sinclair. Just look:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root 24 Oct 29 1929 /bin/ed
-rwxr-xr-t 4 root 1310720 Jan 1 1970 /usr/ucb/vi
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root 5.89824e37 Oct 22 1990 /usr/bin/emacs

Of course, on the system I administrate, vi is symlinked to ed. Emacs has been replaced by a shell script which 1) Generates a syslog message at level LOG_EMERG; 2) reduces the user's disk quota by 100K; and 3) RUNS ED!!!!!!

Let's look at a typical novice's session with the mighty ed:

golem$ ed

?
help
?
?
?
quit
?
exit
?
bye
?
hello?
?
eat flaming death
?
^C
?
^C
?
^D
?

Note the consistent user interface and error reportage. Ed is generous enough to flag errors, yet prudent enough not to overwhelm the novice with verbosity.

Ed, the greatest WYGIWYG editor of all.

ED IS THE TRUE PATH TO NIRVANA! ED HAS BEEN THE CHOICE OF EDUCATED AND IGNORANT ALIKE FOR CENTURIES! ED WILL NOT CORRUPT YOUR PRECIOUS BODILY FLUIDS!! ED IS THE STANDARD TEXT EDITOR! ED MAKES THE SUN SHINE AND THE BIRDS SING AND THE GRASS GREEN!!

When I use an editor, I don't want eight extra KILOBYTES of worthless help screens and cursor positioning code! I just want an EDitor!! Not a “viitor”. Not a “emacsitor”. Those aren't even WORDS!!!! ED! ED! ED IS THE STANDARD!!!

TEXT EDITOR.

When IBM, in its ever-present omnipotence, needed to base their “edlin” on a Unix standard, did they mimic vi? No. Emacs? Surely you jest. They chose the most karmic editor of all. The standard.

Ed is for those who can remember what they are working on. If you are an idiot, you should use Emacs. If you are an Emacs, you should not be vi. If you use ED, you are on THE PATH TO REDEMPTION. THE SO-CALLED “VISUAL” EDITORS HAVE BEEN PLACED HERE BY ED TO TEMPT THE FAITHLESS. DO NOT GIVE IN!!! THE MIGHTY ED HAS SPOKEN!!!

?

>not using joe

>capitalism is good

$ ed
q
$ ed
a
Hello ed.
q
?
q
?
q
$ the fuck

Not everyone who disagrees with your ideology is under 18.

omg I hope it still compiles on poonix or pajeet gona cry

>v3
>Not the v2

Okay, but the README for v2.6 still says:

>The nano editor is an official GNU package. For more information on GNU and the Free Software Foundation, please see gnu.org/.

What's so great about v2 vs v3?

>using outdated and buggy licenses

ZQ if not saving
ZZ if saving

Check the git commits, that was removed a few days ago.

I'd post a direct link but this fucking shit thinks it's spam

$ ed test/test.rb
,p
def foo(one, two, args={})
STDERR.puts "one=#{one} two=#{two} args=#{args}"
end

foo('a', 42)
foo('b', 69, extra: 'extra', data: 'data')
p
i
Ed is easy to use, user.
,p
def foo(one, two, args={})
Ed is easy to use, user.
end

foo('a', 42)
foo('b', 69, extra: 'extra', data: 'data')

how?

how what?

Not allowing people to privatize your code is outdated?

How is GPL v2 an outdated and buggy license? How is GPL v3 any better?

it's made by the same people and it's a newer revision with things fixed

gnu.org/licenses/quick-guide-gplv3.en.html

Nano is literally perfect. Simple and efficient. What more do you want from a text editor?

>not using AGPL
>letting silicon valley hipsters make money off your code without giving back

I wasn't saying AGPL is better (I think it is), just that GPLv3 has an edge over GPLv2.

I saw this on Hacker Jews too

Just use MIT/BSD like a normal person.

You're both faggots but communism is retarded.

if normal people are okay with people taking your code and not giving anything back, I'm glad I'm not normal.

Nah.

hacker news:
>63 points by wtbob 1 hour ago | 65 comments

this thread:
>4 hours ago

Who cares about babby's first editor?
I mean, every person that used GNU/Linux for more than 2 days moves to a real editor. Nano only makes sense if you need a text editor quickly for some fast and small edit of some config file.
mg is the editor to use when you need something quickly in cli.

>I saw this on Hacker Jews too
>I saw this on Hacker Jews as well as in this thread

>Benno
Probably going through midlife crisis.

>Not allowing people to privatize your code is outdated?
What?

Many of the loopholes in gplv2, including the fact that tivo is allowed is simply a bug.

>using bloatware

its sign that people are more likely to abandon the gnu than joining that cult when something as core as nano cant deal with them anymore

once stallman dies in like ~7 years the FSF that did absolutely nothing for the last decade will wither and die and that gnu bullshit will end with him

anyway it would be more apt to call it systemd/linux if you need to fucking up perfectly good name that 99% of linux world uses

>once stallman dies
Have we decided yet on what's going to happen in an post-RMS world, Sup Forums?

I welcome a world without cuckman or the GPL virus. BSD world is the future.

rms birthed an immortal child that will forever serve the goals of the FSF even well after rms' nirvana. That child is the GPL.

>implying the gpl will disappear

the license? Why do people pretend its something awesome?
theres already split against v3...

I use mac

laughingwhores.jpg

he looks adorable in this photo

is there any better feeling than seeing stallman smiling

Upgrade to Windows 10 today.

Stallman dead

>Schulenberg
>berg
Sup Forums was right again

hilarious, haha, such a funny man, upvoted

you're an ugly, lonely poophead

There is no conceptual disagreement. Only different levels of understanding copyright law and the 4 fundamental freedoms and how they are/can be protected. rsm reached satori on these matters a long time ago and thus GPL v3 was born. Other lesser enlighten beings but not lesser on their determination to protect the 4 fundamental freedoms will no doubt meditate on the matter. Some will reach satori others will not and sadly will remain trapped in samara.

That's a completely normal German name, you subhuman American mongrel

>how to spot a virgin

Does anyone actually use nano?

Why, when vim exists?

no one gives a fuck about the Reich, because we give a shit about the Kike, make our own money, spend it how we like, getting likes on the like book the face book the kike book, Reich can dingaling tuck, sissy boi

>rsm

Do you asperger? Of course we do for some quick shit
not all of use are comfortable with they way vi behaves

>vim
>vi
lurk moar

Dyslexia and fat fingers are trivial matters not worth pointing out. Those that aspire to self-improvement and reaching nirvana should not be distracted by such mundane things and instead meditate on the truths revealed on

vi is in mos of distross I think, same as nano
vim you have to get manually
for quick editing the difference does not matter
do aspies think of nano in similar way as full fledged vim developer setup?

I do, but I don't really write programs. I can't into vi(m) and see no point in learning to, I can into emacs a bit, but I need to look up the commands I forgot so whenever I'm writing a perl or python scrip or I'm editing a config file or some other kind of text file I use GNU nano.

I dont get it

The only good jew is a dead jew.

?

vim comes with most distros, it even comes with FreeDOS, mg seems to come with a lot of distros too (but I haven't seen it in archiso).

?

nigger you crazy?
I am sure as hell sure it does not come with arch, ubuntu, centos and debian

>I am sure as hell sure it does not come with arch, ubuntu, centos and debian
vi is part of the posix standard (or lsb for linux distributions)