Dongle life

>dongle life
LOL
fuck you apple

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_the_goalposts
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what are you connecting and why?
are you charging your iphone, or just syncing?
why are you using a macbook, which has a tiny battery, to top off your smartphone? why not use a battery pack or something more appropriate?
why am i troubleshooting this for you?
why are you so helpless?

It's your fault for buying a 1 port mac and not thinking of the consequences. I bet you next time they will innovate normal usb ports into the thing.

>think different

This. The modern man lives in the cloud.

You mean in the botnet, right?

I dont even remember the last time I connected my phone to me PC. You have to be retarded

xDDDDDDDDD

Yes goy, just upload and sync everything into the cloud.

>being afraid of the cloud

ok grandpa

Eugh those greasy keys

Wash your fucking hands

>dongle
Stop raping me OP

hahahahaha omg lulz epic bro. gonna save that one for later.

Who took the picture?

>you're using it wrong
perfect

>if apple fucks up it's the users fault
Lel

Well you are. Get with the times.

i'm saying that if there's a fucking problem then it's not immediately entirely the product's fault. sometimes the problem is between the keyboard and the chair. stop acting like you have no agency in this; you're not a fucking windows user. stop acting like one.

>>dong life

That's a much better solution than buying a laptop with a decent I/O

I'm an Australian m8, it takes fucking 30 seconds to upload a 150kb picture. Cloud a shit. Down here, anyway.

So you need more than one USB port. You buy a laptop with only one USB port. Somehow its the laptops fault.. hmmm.

>stop using your devices the way you want
>we are incapable of developing devices that can efficiently operate in a number of different ways
>ur just doing it wrong xDD
Classic mactard philosophy.

If you have this much shit to plug in then why would you buy this particular laptop? You might see some "stupid Apple user." I just see a consumer who didn't do any research. Those exist regardless of brands.

yeah because needing more than 1 usb port is so unusual right

"oh you should have checked if the car you bought had brakes, it's not the cars' fault, it's yours."

> 2016
> discussing a laptop with one usb port

What went wrong with this company?

To be fair, literally nobody would buy one of these with an intent to do serious work or play. It's probably the best definition of a Facebook machine that I've ever seen. You have one port, either to charge, or sync your iPhone to download your sixty-four million selfies that you took with a friend you hadn't seen for 'absolutely ages!' (two nights ago).

It's not that people are using it 'wrong', they're just using it outside its intended purpose. Like using the handle of a screwdriver to bash in a nail. It technically works, but it's not its intended function.

>I'm too stupid to realize a macbook doesn't suit my needs.
Nobody to blame but yourself.

Retards buy their products because it looks pretty.

If Android devs could just make their stuff not look like shit, Apple could finally die.

I mean look at this shit. This is what the phone app/function on my Nexus looks like. Who thought this was passable? It looks like they themed it after a Bill Cosby sweater. It's a very functional phone but ALL the UI's look like dog shit.

>yeah because needing more than 1 usb port is so unusual right

uh.. well... actually it is.

but that isn't even the point. the point is, your needs don't match the product you buy, you simply don't buy that product.

yeah google really fucked up the dialer in android. It just got worse and worse and now it's like wtf is all this shit?

> it actually is
Speak for yourself. I have a USB mouse, I I had two USB external hard drives plugged in, transferring data. I also had another USB HDD caddy connected to drag data off my old laptop drive.

>no contact photos
for a smartphone user you're pretty dumb

>it's OK because you can manually change the shitty UI to make it less shitty
retard

>my anecdotal evidence

rare are the people who buy a laptop and then use a external mouse on said laptop, most people will use the built in input.

>two USB external hard drives, plus another one in a USB caddy

again... not a "normal" use of the majority of the public, and if that is your intended usage, you either don't buy a laptop with one USB or you get a hub. It's not like the laptop will keep you from plugging a USB in.

>the laptop not having any ports isn't completely the laptops fault
>the user is also at fault

what is normal or not normal is not something that can be measured, and you're forgetting that single usb port is also the charging port... it's a dumb design choice made for the sake of being different, or will you tell me "oh but nobody uses USB while charging" or "oh but you can buy things to fix this design fuckup"?

it's dumb. it's not practical, look at that picture, it's awkward.

again, it's a stepback for the sake of being different, for reassuring the status of being an apple fanboy, because "it's different, it's elite"

and if you all still insist on defending it, tell me how does that design choice makes sense from an usability standpoint

tangential, unrelated question: how does something like T9 work in asian countries? it's enough of a pain to use when a language has ~26 characters from which to build words off of, i can't imagine how agonizing it would be if there were thousands of characters

We're arguing two different things.

You're saying its stupid because Apple did it, that is your "agenda" to push.

I'm saying it is just another fucking laptop in a pile of horse shit that is called todays laptop market.

>what is normal or not normal is not something that can be measured

You are wrong. That is objectively something that can be measured, it is literally what they mean when they say "our target market". A product is design to allow for certain uses and the design process takes those uses into account as well as manufacturing processes. That is why there are hundreds if not thousands of models of laptops out there for every taste, from 7" retarded atom "tablets" to 17" "gaming laptops". Just because you feel you wouldn't me served by a product it doesn't make that product shit, it simply makes it not fit your needs. You are not the target market.

Modern Touchwiz looks okay. Not joking.

After people told me to install Nova Launcher I went back to it. I can deal with the supposed few seconds of lag (doesn't happen anyway, I have Exynos) for it to look better.

There's a reason Samsung is considered the main competitor to iPhone. That said, I still think the iPhone looks better because it has no company logo at the top of the phone. ffs samsung

An Android skin that requires scheduled reboots to not lag(it still does) is by definition not okay.

>not running your own "cloud" services
Top goyim

Every week or so I have to reboot my phone, or else it stops connecting to WiFi networks

TouchWiz literally has an option to reboot every X time. They just gave up trying to fix this shit. At least Google is making rules stricter for the OEMs.

>ITT: pic related

Use cloud storage for its intended purpose, you god damn mongoloids. Don't store your photos locally on your laptop, don't sync between your phone and your laptop with a cable. iPhones and Macs can sync over WLAN, for fuck's sake.

I haven't plugged anything other than a power cord into my current laptop since I got it. Networking is a beautiful thing. Bluetooth is homely but it fills in the gaps.

my laptop doesn't have parallel ports. is it the laptop's fault that it doesn't have any of those ports?

Yes. Parallel ports are very useful technology. You can connect a printer with it.

you are an incomprehensibly huge faggot. hope you recover from that someday

I am 100% sure next gen apple products will ha no ports.

No usb
No charge port

It will use Bluetooth, wifi and wireless charge.
Starbucks will offer wireless charge.
Ultimate computer.

You're obviously somebody who doesn't do a lot of work if you have nothing to print.

sync it via wifi you mong

Maybe he just lives in the 21st century and has a wireless/networked printer.

>why are you trying to use a computing device in a way every other computing device on the market is used and expected to be used today?
>why do you like your computing device to be functional?
>you're not worshipping this device because it is so thin, explain yourself!

Worse than freetards.

If they have no ports, how will they sell cables? Think of the money before you make such bold claims.

We have better ways of doing these things now, that's why a one-port Macbook is possible. We have wireless sync, we have cloud storage, we have wireless printers, we even have wireless keyboard, mice, and headphones if the built-in stuff isn't good enough for you.

>in the next year or two when USB-C becomes standard Sup Forums will collectively balk at anyone who desires more than one or two ports on their laptops in the same way Sup Forums now balks at any phone or laptop that doesn't have a "retina"-like resolution
>2020 Sup Forums will shitpost you off the board if you aren't using a mobile thin client to a cloud service
>2025 Sup Forums will shitpost you off the board for owning any technology at all other than your Google(R)-appointed TeleGlass(TM) service reciever

>thinking using wireless peripherals is even remotely equivalent to selling your entire soul to distributed computing

That is unbelievably retarded. When you buy a computer with only one port, you need to understand that you're going to be using a lot of wireless accessories. If you're not on board with that, buy one of the thousands of other laptops that aren't like that. Otherwise, don't complain about it having only one port, it's not like you didn't know that when you bought it. Dipshit.

>you need to understand that you're going to be using a lot of wireless accessories
Or not even "a lot?" I use exactly one and purely as a luxury: Bluetooth headphones. People try too hard to find stuff to bitch about.

This looks like the first half of those old Apple commercials comparing PC vs Mac

Yeah, that is true. People try way too hard to shit on things, especially here on Sup Forums, and especially when it comes to Apple. Just look at that gay image they always post of the Apple Pencil and the Magic Mouse charging. There's a dedicated charging cable for the Apple Pencil, meaning you don't need to plug it into the iPad unless you really want to, and the Magic Mouse only needs to sit like that for about three minutes before it's ready to be used again.

>wireless printer
Does it run off batteries?

No, you obtuse weiner, clients connect to it wirelessly.

In asian countries they spell the words using the english alphabet, which then translates to whatever word (character?) they intended on using.

So, it would work the exact same way that smart phones work for chinks atm.

most people in china and japan type in romaji/pinyin, same letters as english, and phones/computers have software that changes it into hanzi or hanji like autocomplete. pretty sure its actually way faster for typing more thoughts since characters represent 'larger' more abstract concepts

You need to be 18 to post on Sup Forums.

When you dig beneath the flamebaiting, old Abe has a point. Networked storage has been accessible to us for decades. By the early 2000s I had my network share at uni (shit even my high school offered it) and broadband both on campus and back home. The cloud is just someone else's computer but we've got our own machines (and mobile devices) too. This is why LANs and the internet exist. Storing hundreds of gigabytes of data in perpetuity on your laptop's local drive is a fucking joke.

The cloud is just someone else's computer!!!!!*

*someone else's enterprise-grade disk array, in an enterprise-grade data center, monitored around the clock by trained professionals, on a business-class internet connection, with annual downtime measured in minutes

The "cloud is just someone else's computer" meme really does miss the point.

If the power goes out at your house, what happens when you try to access your data remotely? If the router dies? If your ISP is working on your local node? Google/Microsoft/Dropbox/Apple/whoever is not susceptible to those circumstances, and they're not restricted by the limitations of the 50/3 residential connection you probably have if you're in Murka.

>and they're not restricted by the limitations of the 50/3 residential connection you probably have if you're in Murka.
Yeah, but you still are, which means that “cloud storage” is only worth it if you travel constantly.

For people living at home it's adding a bottleneck where there was none before.

Honestly, if you've got your cloud storage set up to sync across machines, it's usually not a big deal if it takes a while. Usually, in practice, it's something that just happens as you go, and it's there later when you need it. The only time my upload really poses an issue is when I try to upload several GB of comics to my Google Drive storage. And, believe me, the payoff is worth it.

I'm truly sorry

Yeah man why isn't he using wireless charging to charge his iPhone?

Oh right iPhones don't have that

A) Assuming he's charging. He may be syncing.

B) With a battery as small as the Retina Macbook's, he'd be a lot better off with a USB power bank, one port or no. I mean, he's already carrying all that shit. He might as well carry this to eliminate the need to charge his phone off his relatively tiny laptop battery.

C) Meh. I didn't care that much about wireless charging, even when I was using Android phones.

>B) With a battery as small as the Retina Macbook's, he'd be a lot better off with a USB power bank, one port or no. I mean, he's already carrying all that shit. He might as well carry this to eliminate the need to charge his phone off his relatively tiny laptop battery.

So the official Apple© solution is still to carry more devices around? Wow

What is the problem. A dongle is pretty much the same as a very short cable extender.

but eeets so thin!

No, just my personal solution. Charging a phone off a laptop when you're trying to stay mobile is fucking dumb. All you're doing is sacrificing the runtime of your laptop.

Also, remember that those power banks can charge anything and everything. Wireless peripherals, remember?

>printing lots of stuff is the indicator for work
ITT we don't fucking code for a living.

why is he getting charged from a device that only offers a ~5000mAh battery for itself? do you have any concept of how small that is? it's barely adequate for the device itself.

laptops are not good power banks. they need that battery capacity for their own shit. buy a battery pack if you find yourself running low when you go out during the day.

Are you at least encrypting the files you upload or are you just letting the identify theft services fuck you up the arse?

>Going to the coffee shop for an hour
>Phone is nearly out of charge
>Laptop is full charge
>No outlets available

Considering most laptops never see use outside home and the coffee shop it's a pretty common scenario, people don't want to carry a bag full of shit just to check their email at the coffee shop

gooks use the samsung keypad layout, it's become so ingrained in the national consciousness that the default for Samsung keyboards in Korea is this layout right here.

While your argument is sensible, I'll just mention two points of data from experience:
1) My personal networked storage solutions have had better uptime than the cloud services my friends and colleagues use.
2) When it comes to the stuff I transfer remotely, the methods I use have always been adequate. This is mostly because of the commercial connections I use (like the bandwidth I got at school and now get at work) and partly because of the small size of the data. I move big stuff around on LANs which are wonderfully fast.

I'm not putting down your point based on my anecdotal experience. I'm saying that I'm not swayed by it and I'm sure you can see why. Something at least as good as "the cloud" has been available to me for a long time and neither it nor a trend in reducing the number of ports really fazes me. I'd go so far as to suspect that I'm not alone in that regard.

it sounds like you're using your laptop as a battery pack.
moreover, it sounds like you're NOT even using your laptop, if after an hour your phone is nearly dead and your laptop has full charge still.

just bring a battery pack around with you. a 20,000mAh battery is lighter, smaller, and MUCH cheaper than a laptop.

you also described a use case perfectly suiting this
>most laptops never see use outside home
>people don't want to carry a bag full of shit
negroid. get a battery pack. stop lugging a laptop around if you're literally only using it to keep your fucking iPhone topped up.

Also, this.

Oh fuck don't show him how to charge the laptop. Now he's just going to start carrying it around again, charging the phone from the laptop and then the laptop from the pack. Think about who you're dealing with here. You're creating a monster.

>The "cloud is just someone else's computer" meme really does miss the point.

And you missed the point of the meme. The point is that it is totally out of your control if and or when shit does hit the fan. And that could be anything from privacy concerns to data breaches to all data simply being gone one day.

>english
you mean latin

>excellent post, $50 more dollars have been transferred to your account. It is work like yours that keep Apple free from terrorists like OP. praise steve jobs

honestly if he manages to plug a type C usb cable in he'll have blown away all of my expectations of him.

You're trying really hard to justify buying extra shit just to make your macbook viable aren't you?

Son... You need to go see a doctor, you truly are autistic, you're in the spectrum there somewhere.

>ignore how pants on head retarded companies are with data security

what are you talking about, retard?

Mate I can charge my phone off my thinkpad a couple times over and still get 8 hours battery life

And it's got plenty of ports to plug shit in if I want to, and the weight difference is still less than the power pack + mackbook combined

You're justifying a shitty purchase pretty hard

which thinkpad?
don't say "LOL ANY THINKPAD". i want a model. you're making really specific claims about the weight difference and stuff and i figure this is something you want to make a serious point about. so tell us the model.

You are being fucking retarded. Was exactly on point. You are just wanting to push a point of view that apple is shit. Apple serves the market it wants to serve and that market is not your autistic ass. Thinkpads have problems and are not perfect, Macbooks have problems and are not perfect, there is no such thing as a perfect product to serve all people. Grow the fuck up you autistic retard.

This is a story about my gf and her 2014 MacBook
>uses free WiFi but it's slow
>buys Comcast Internet 95 mbit
>gets it installed
>speed tests it while sitting next to it at 15 mbit
>websites are super unresponsive
>webcamming at Super low res with tons of dropped frames
>cries at how it's as slow as the free WiFi she was using
>tell her to download a WiFi app for her phone and look at local area networks
>it's insanely saturated with WiFi connections (50+)
>get her to buy ethernet cable
>she buys one, but after wiring it all she realizes her MacBook doesn't have an ethernet port
>she buys a USB to ethernet adapter
>plugs it in and her Internet works perfectly

Had she owned the newer MacBook, she couldn't even charge and use fast Internet at the same time. Wireless is a huge meme and using it as much as you can reduces speeds and increases noise.

It's like if you stripped the protective coating of all your cables, then wired them across the top of a microwave used in a dining hall.

>macfags actually discussing accessories

lmao

Nobody is ever going to commit to a model. This would prevent people from moving the goalpost (as described in en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_the_goalposts )