How do you find the total current (IT) of a parallel circuit?

How do you find the total current (IT) of a parallel circuit?

Pic related

there's a simple equation...

l=mgt4u

>youre a big equation

V=IR

COME
ON
SON.

What you need is RT.

1/(1/R1+1/R2+1/R3), then Ohm Law.

This is boring, why couldn't you ask something more interesting like individual I in each resistance at least? Are you in middle school? Is this bait?

google node voltage and mesh current

current through what

Or you could just apply ohm's law to each resistor and add the currents

>labels for 8 nodes
>only 2 nodes exist including ground
So this is what it feels like to be triggered.

What are you talking about?

There's only 2 sections of the circuit wire that are different.

9 = ((10e3)^-1 + (2e3)^-1 + (1e3)^-1)^-1 * I
I = .0144A (if I didn't fuck up my calculation entry)

Parralel circuits are retarded though.

Seems about right

I'd imagine it's for educational purposes. Such as telling the student to find the current between 2 and r1 and r1 and 7. We know it's the same, but the point is to make sure the student recognizes that.

yeah man they're full of bloat and are for hipsters. i only use electronics made of series circuits.

1-4 is all the same node, 5-8 is all the same node.

If you need help with pic related, maybe you should drop the class and try next semester buddy...

seriously just drop out

if you arent willing to put in this much effort or cant figure it out you wont make it.

hint: go check the examples in the book

This literally at the "you look at it and you know" level. Just read the basics laws and then you can literally derive the rest. There is not much to derive in this case though.

Measuring Ampere in Each resistor is Even easier, it just takes more time. In parallel ciecuits its literally In=U/Rn

Hope this helps, OP!

This doesn't help people who know what they're doing. What the fuck be this

Mesh analysis

>This doesn't help people who know what they're doing
Correction: This only helps people who know what they're doing

Sure, if you like to needlessly complicate things where ohm's and kirchoff's law will do and can read chicken scratchings.

That image is second semester university level. If you don't understand that then you should drop out or give back your degree.

every loops has the same voltage

i1*r1 - 9 = 0
i2*r2 -9 = 0
i3*r3 -9 = 0

As I said, there's no need to go into that level of detail when first semester equations will do the job more concisely. On top of that, the handwritten work is chicken scratchings.

Oh, then I think I misunderstood you. For the case of OP you're right.

There's nothing wrong with having a little fun on a simple problem