How do I start working in the IT industry?

How do I start working in the IT industry?

Go to school

Have connections.

For Computer Science, right?

But what if you didn't go to school and just know shit...

Is that it?

Tinker with Linux in your free time, get deeply familiar with networking through tcpdump and read RFC's and go to school.

>>/lgbt/

Have fun playing with the settings on hard-mode with your IT career.

From experience, people with degrees in IT progress faster in their career and have many more doors open for them. You can get a job in IT without a degree but it will be quite a challenge to convince employers that you are worth their time.

Don't

>But what if you didn't go to school and just know shit...
I don't trust like that, mulatto.

Not necessarily....

My degree is in fine arts. And I'm a supervisor of the network engineering group in my IT dept. No at work believes that I majored in fine arts.

Enjoy never moving beyond tech support. If you're lucky one day you might move up to tech support level 2: sys admin.

Did you work your way up, or sweet talk an interview?

suck dick of people that can give you a job

Yup, I came in as intern. They hired me as a desktop support pleb after I graduated. I handled most of the calls regarding network outages with ISP's and slowly kept bugging the network guys for more access since they didn't like having to come into the office on a weekend to fix chit. I then transitioned to the network group after I got the CCNA and worked my way through the CCNP.

This

>befriend the IT guys

Got it. Thank you :D

1. be female
2. express a passing interest in IT work
3. watch the 110K/year development job offers roll in
4. come to work every day and watch a group of intelligent men do all the work that you don't know how to do

Get a job.
Go to it.

>office below us is a "hip start-up run by women!"
>it makes no money and survives completely on VC money
>there are 20 men and 50 women - all men are engineers, no female engineers
>women have various office/managerial/community jobs
>they always go on about "MIMOSA MONDAYS" and "MIMOSA TUESDAYS" and "MIMOSA WEDNESDAYS" etc
>every day I see the men at the company since I have to take the elevator with them
>the most dead eyes I've ever seen

If you're so thirsty for pussy that you'll do bitch work, there's no hope in your life. Just end it.

I think it's less bowing down to pussy and more HR "diversity" regressiveness. Managers are pressured to hire women in engineering jobs. They will hire any idiot female just to say they have a woman in the software engineering group. Believe me, I live this curse every day.

If you live in Seattle or DC at least and have a couple years of solid experience you will get those offers too regardless of whether or not you have a vagoo.

I disagree with these, I was 21 making 60k / year base salary with nothing but my CCNA and some motivation under my belt. Never went to college and by 24, when most of my retardo friends were just starting their careers after finishing college, I was making 140k and had my CCIE. I'm the Engineering Director now for my company and make around 220k + a pretty nice bonus. I'm not saying college is a terrible idea, but I do think it's at least somewhat overrated. Especially considering I interview all the direct hires for the network engineering department and I take people with real world experience + solid certs over no nothings with degrees any day.

You got certs, applied yourself, then continued your education. You didn't just "know shit." Basically, you got an education, it just wasn't at an actual school. Clearly you've done a better job than this fucktard and will continue to do so.

You're missing the part about HOW someone gets those couple of years of solid experience.

>...after I got the CCNA and worked my way through the CCNP.

this is what you should focus on

not socializing with the soon-to-be replaced

No one gets a 110k offer out of college solely because they have a vagina.

I will!

I wasn't the person who posted that and I'm not sure what was in my post made you think I was.

I need too ask

Should I focus on getting Cisco Certs

Or are CompTIA certs good enough?

What is your favourite anime?

>Unless they're virgins selling both their virginity and their freedom to wealthy business men

Though I agree with you that no one gets an offer for that much straight out of college, with no other achievements to their name

I just like being contrarian

FMA

Cisco, don't even waste your time with CompTIA.

If he doesn't say Toradora, he is dead to me.

FMA was for you!

Cisco but don't get cucked into doing nothing but work with Cisco stuff. You can apply a lot of those same skills and it simply requires adjusting to what the same shit is called by different companies.

Bang head on desk / wall. It's essentially what you'll be doing all day anyway...