The 8GB RX 480 is available for notification on newegg

the 8GB RX 480 is available for notification on newegg

so, does that mean the 8gb models are launching on June 29th?

hope I get paid by then....

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202221&ignorebbr=1&cm_re=PPSSHSDDJAMLWK-_-14-202-221-_-Product

newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&N=8000&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=PPSSHSDDJAMLWK&cm_mmc=SNC-Twitter-_-PM-Promo-_-AMD-RX480-auto-notify-_-NA&hootPostID=0bc2f8a755bea0c166edf404926213d2

Other urls found in this thread:

hardforum.com/threads/amd-radeon-rx-480-supplies-at-launch.1902972/
gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-R9-390X-vs-AMD-R9-270X/3497vs2188
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>mfw no job
>mfw can't build a gayming PC because no job
>mfw so cheep while soon good

Just got this month's autism bux, I'm set

fuck you

Wait for aftermarket cards. If the 480 can get 25% increase on OC with stock cooler, you can bet an aftermarket cooler is going to give you at least 35%

The Ayyymd target market in a nutshell.

you can feel the buyers remorse in this post

i need dvi ports 2bh so im gonna wait until the special version things

hardforum.com/threads/amd-radeon-rx-480-supplies-at-launch.1902972/

AMD IS DEAD.

THEY ONLY HAVE 8000 CARDS.

Or just get a DP to DVI adapter.

Should I get sapphire because they are great, or xfx for the warranty?

Whatever has great warranty also has great cards, usually.

>hardforum

Fuck off Kyle

Kyle is getting really salty.

I don't really OC ever, but I'll probably make a custom loop and just water cool it as my area is pretty hot

>Or just get a DP to DVI adapter.
i dont wanna lol

Hardware Canucks are the only gayming reviewer I trust. I bought my headphones based off their reviews.

>Watercooling stock 150W TDP card

dou you live on sun?

>all these poorfags and NEETs getting what they want
STOP. THATS NOT HOW ITS SUPPOSED TO WORK. THE POOR ARE SUPPOSES TO SUFFER.

Southern california

So what's the prediction here?

RX480 to 1070 GTX.

~ 70% performance for $200 less?
The overclock might put that to 85%.

It's probably closer to 80% if it ends up being about as fast a 980

75%, and that's assuming the 480 doesn't launch with driver issues. It takes several months for AMD cards to reach their full potential through driver updates.

Is this worth buying? I have an old GTX 660, but the rest of my guts are pretty up to date. Should i make the switch to this?

65-70% of the performance but can overclock like mad for another 30%
So pretty much near a stock 1070 for $240

Pretty sure every Radeon card driver is pretty optimized by now. Nvidia drivers rarely offer performance gains

im gonna get it b/c i want to be able to play skyrim special edition with lots of mods and my 760 can't do that :3

>but can overclock like mad for another 30%
Yeah but i am pretty sure it will not be that easy and cheap

They rarely offer performance gains because you can only optimize them so much. Would you rather buy from a company that gives you as close to the theoretical max performance at launch, or one that takes up to a year to do that?

same i'm tired of buying new connectors
>vga
>dvi
>hmdi
>display port
etc..
fucking hell, can't they stick to one

The one that has better performance when I buy.
And if that one just gets better with time, the choice is obvious.

Top kek you guys always change the phrasing to make releasing cards with sub optimal performance sound like a feature.

Kek, yeah same reason I'm doing it with a custom loop

How much more power does a 480 have compare to a 290?

Slightly more, at half the power consumption

The 480 is most likely in the R9 390x-GTX980 range.

By my calculations, if the 480 is about as powerful as a 980, and if the PC leaks are accurate and that you can get 25% increase on stock cooler, then with OC the 480 is about 90% performance of 1070, more with an aftermarket cooler.

>canadian Newegg
it's fucking shit, we can't even get a result for the card

move to a better country then

VGA is an analogue standard from 30 years ago you nincompoop, it can't handle modern resolutions.

Have you guys seen the rx 450 yet?
>AMD in charge of design
KEK

>Top kek you guys always change the phrasing to make releasing cards with no performance updates sound like a feature.

Wait for benchmarks. The optimistic view puts it at around 980 levels of performance, the not so optimistic ones put it at 970 levels of performance, considering you have a 290, the latter is barely a justifiable upgrade.

I don't even really need to wait, I've got a 7850 currently with a 1440p display

That's because the drivers function properly from the get go.

You can't gain 30% from OC unless you're able to OC 30% or more at least. 1% gain in OC roughly gives little less than 1%. With 1120 base clock, +30% will be 1456 mhz. Probably wont reach that with stock cooling. I'd say max of 15-20% on stock. So roughly about 1344 Mhz. Which should give roughly between 15-20% increase.

Using , assuming 80 fps RX480 stock vs 112 fps 1070, that would give it 96 fps max. So puts it within 16% on reference OC vs stock 1070.

Its possible that RX480 average might be higher(or lower), as this is just a guess, in whichcase the numbers would change.

But this is what I'm predicting, within 80%-85% reach of GTX 1070 on reference 20% OC.

POO IN NVIDIAS LOO HELL YES

>You can't gain 30% from OC unless you're able to OC 30% or more at least
Nonsense, you can reach a 30% increase in 3D performance even without a 30% core clock increase, all depends on how much bandwidth the architecture needs.
Tahiti could do 30% OCs, so could GM200/204

But didn't that one guy over clock his 480 to 1607MHz on stock cooler?

benchmarks fucking when

These are leaks, not actual information.

We'll see if thats possible or not. If the 1600 is true, then its a whopping +40% OC, almost unheard of without some form of hacks(additional cooling, aftermarket, etc).

Fucking top kek, what's even more funny is that it's true

>vga
Should have died when they stopped making CRT displays. Irrelevant.
>dvi
Standard display connector, is being phased out because it can't deliver enough bandwidth.
>dp
"New" standard display connector. My 5 year old displays have DP.
>hdmi
It's for TVs.

Give it a little more than a week after it gets released, then you can see benchmarks with and without OC

1 more week for official ones.
You'll be seeing benchmarks that break NDA within this week, though.

I have an R9 270X. Would this be a good upgrade?

I'm not poorfag but I don't play enough vidya to justify Nvidia's sky high prices.

>hacks(additional cooling, aftermarket, etc).
How are these hacks? hacks would mean voltage and BIOS mods.

Yes, if you sell it and put the money towards buying the card

Definitely an upgrade.

Some form of hacks as in adding anything to the reference cooling solution.

My point was, its almost impossible to get that gain from reference cooling solution.

Word they actually talk about shit that matters. Like actually talking about long-term daily headphone use.

Yes.

Imagine going from 270X to 390X. There's 280-280X/285->290->290X/390->390X

Roughly 5 different tiers in between. Or if you want to cut it short, 2.5 tiers higher than your card. Just compare the benchmark between 390X and 270X. This card will roughly double your current performance.

>gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-R9-390X-vs-AMD-R9-270X/3497vs2188

> With 1120 base clock
RX 480 has a boost clock of 1266 MHz which it is obviously running at during the leaked benchmarks considering the card clearly isn't being throttled by temps (~70C). A 30% OC would be 1646 MHz, which is pretty unlikely, especially since there was a chiphell admin claiming that his sample didn't OC to more than 1340 MHz.

If huge OCs like that were possible, there'd be no real reason for AMD not to release the card at higher clocks. The power consumption is low, the temperatures are relatively low. Any expectations of +30% OCs on air is wishful thinking, and anyone expecting such will be sorely disappointed if the average card only overclocks for 10-15%.

so should I ditch DVI for a display port ?

You can't possibly know, there's enough VRMs there for a 200W+ IC and we don't really know how cool Polaris 10 runs on the reference cooler.

With aftermarket coolers you could get 20-25% OC though

It is well established that AMD needs to stay under the radar. A potential huge over clock is an easy way to do this and keep intel from being pressured to use their jew powers.

Yes. The new ones can do 8K at 60Hz, not like you'd ever use it though

Don't get your hopes up.

>walk into hardware store
>want to buy a high end AMD card
>it doesn't exist
what do

Look how tiny the heat sink on the RX 480 is.
This is ridiculous. The only way this could be passable is if it was super low power.

Looks like Kyle is going to be crying even more.

>You can't possibly know
Thats the fucking point. We don't know. Therefore we can't assume if those leaks are true or not or whether those OCs are done with reference cooler or not.

With this said, its highly improbable that stock reference coolers will reach 40% OC clock. I don't remember any stock coolers reaching that high in OC. Even 20% is a very high optimistic OC potential scenario for stock reference cards.

Wait until vega launches? HBM2 isn't available yet, and nvidia bought all the GDDR5X

Get a 1080.

Brand loyalty is for stupid summerfags

>wait for fiji
>wait for polaris
>wait for vega
I'm done waiting for AMD to release a good card

buy two 480s for $300 less then one 1080, it also provides better performance, and will actually be available on/after launch day

Doesn't even have a copper base plate. No vapor chamber at all.

AMD confirmed for super power efficient and cool GPUs.

The RX 480 comes out next week and they had the 390 last gen

do you have 3 4k displays or something?

Can you read? I want to buy A high end card.

Not two budget ones with all the bullshit that comes with CF and SLI setups

>this meme again

Looks to be almost 1/3rd the size of the entire shroud, dont really see how you'd consider that tiny.

Guess how I know you're retarded?

I game on 1440p and 390 level of performance is not enough, I already have that and it doesn't cut it in new games on the highest settings

well then buy a high end card whats the fucking problem?

Oh wait Nvidia has none in stock anywhere aside from ebay with 30% Markup, lel

qq on

It's not like AMD's recent offerings have been particularly good at overclocking.

All from TPU reviews:
Nano
>Maximum overclock of our sample is 1060 MHz on the GPU, a 6% overclock; GPU overclocking potential is quite slim. Memory doesn't overclock much better, reaching 565 MHz, a 13% increase.

Fury X
>Maximum overclock of our sample is 1150 MHz GPU clock (10% overclock).

Fury
>Maximum overclock of our sample is 1095 MHz on the GPU, a 10% overclock.

390X (aftermarket model, reference clock was 1050 MHz leading to 11% OC total)
>Maximum overclock of our sample is 1170 MHz GPU clock (6% overclock) and 1780 MHz on the memory (17% overclock).

>Had money set aside for a 1070
>480 sounds like its a better deal
>Going to get 2 cards on launch

Right so the conclusion is that anyone wanting more than budget card performance needs to look elsewhere than AMD, glad we settled that

oh sry there arent 500 heat pipes swirling around the entirety of the PCB, if it bothers you so much wait for other manufacturers or just get a gtx1080

So turn down your settings slightly? the only thing that matters is frame rate at native rez

can you even really see the difference between medium-high and high-ultra?

k lmk how it feels to pay 400% more to 30% performance. Owait u cant buy a 1080 for msrp anywhere

>being an even bigger retard

The RX 480's PCB is only a couple inches longer than the Fury Nano's. The cooler is tiny, and if you can't see that then you're literally retarded. Your brain does not work.

Or I buy a card that is capable of running 1440p on high settings

>I want to validate my choice of buying a 1080, wahhha.

There, you are now validated. Fuck off.

30% more performance

Lol, you need to check your math buddy

Actualy I was thinking about the 1070, you sound salty

What is a "budget card performance"?

For $200, that offers performance of last gen's $500 cards are pretty impressive. Its not a "budget card performance" but rather "budget card with performance"

The former devalues the card, the later gives it proper value.

So then pay $700 for 30% more performance and then when you upgrade to a 4k display your GPU won't be capable enough to run at high settings because you didn't wait for the 1080ti or Vega cards

>What is a "budget card performance"?
The 480

When did this thread devolve into summerfags shouting at each other?