pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>You are new and want our advice? Use buyers template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG

>Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pfu.fujitsu.com/hhkeyboard/bt/
amazon.com/Qisan-Mechanical-Keyboard-68-Keys-Magicforce/dp/B01ABUJ0FY/ref=pd_lpo_147_tr_t_2/186-6850605-4130955?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=7C39AQMAS393ZC74ZWJM
originativeco.com/products/tada68
imgur.com/a/Vu5fX
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Team Red reporting in

What's your user's opinion on matrix keyboards? Are they a meme?

Also, how hard is it to transition to a keyboard like picrelated (Terminus Mini)? It only has 46 keys, insanity.

No shit, Sherlock.

>browns

I can imagine

hey fagets what wireless 60% should i get?
rk61?

in for ISO is objectively worse

HHKB Pro 2 BT

As a former ISO user I second this

yeah i would mod a hhkb but i dont wanna spend that much :)

Appreciate the help. Looks decent. I'm considering this more than the Tesoro one, as I think Tactile switches would be better for writing a lot

I'm losing hope for a wireless keyboard. It seems all the good ones are wired only.

Is there a place where I can get custom PBT 1.5u/windows keys?

pimpmykeyboard.com

>It seems all the good ones are wired only.
This is correct. There's a few wireless ones out there that are good, but they're usually more difficult to find.

Who said something about modding?

pfu.fujitsu.com/hhkeyboard/bt/

Though if you want to stay in a sensible budget range the royal kludge is probably your best bet.

There are a few good tenkeyless/60% ones, like VB87M.

what keycaps are the ones in op image?

If you blah blah so much about ISO, why don't you just get ANSI and get over it.

Posting here because there's no rubber dome general.

Looking for a new keyboard but I can't afford a mechanical one, is there anything between cheap-ass office rubber dome and a mechanical keyboard or should I just buy my third K120?

Tai-Hao Sunset

Redragon K552 and magicforce are less than 40 bucks. There is no reason to buy rubber domes these days.

Are o-rings worth it for Cherry switches?

i have multiple ansi boards
it's just fun to get yuros upset

i really want that german guy to come back and have another meltdown

I put one on my backspace because I smash that thing.

I'm not sure what else than mx-style switches you're going to put them on.

I have them on my clears, and they do dampen the sound a fair bit. I don't mind the different feel, but YMMV.
They're cheap as fuck anyway, not like you have a whole lot to loose.

underrated post

>Who said something about modding?
i did because that looks like complete garbage

>
Though if you want to stay in a sensible budget range the royal kludge is probably your best bet.

alright thanks man

jesus christ im retarded

My CM Key Switch Tester came in the mail today, wow was it worth the 20 bucks, here's how I feel after buying it
Topre >> Black > Red > Blue = Green >>> Brown
Tempted as fuck to buy a topre keyboard now....why must I be a poorfag

>wastes 20$ on a useless tester
>complains about being poor

>he still thinks rubber dome is better

yep, truly a waste

I can waste 20 bucks but I cant waste 200+
Please end this meme

just buy a 15 dollar btc dome board and call it

>I can waste 20 bucks but I cant waste 200+
>what is saving
sure is summer here

>60%
Kek.

I'd rather waste 20 bucks than aimlessly buy a keyboard

bump!

This.

I was choosing between making my own with zealios and a Topre board at the time, after spending about 30 bucks in order to get my hands on both of the switches in question, I opted for the 220 bucks Topre board.

Nothing wrong with making a minor investment in order to make a good decision on a larger investment.

I like what you got

Can't really get them here, $40 is the most I'd be willing to spend but if I wanted to import those I'd be paying at least 50% more(which still would be cheaper than buying locally).

>magicforce are less than 40 bucks
stop spreading this meme, it's 60-70$

amazon.com/Qisan-Mechanical-Keyboard-68-Keys-Magicforce/dp/B01ABUJ0FY/ref=pd_lpo_147_tr_t_2/186-6850605-4130955?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=7C39AQMAS393ZC74ZWJM

shit, doesn't ship to me.
Hopefully asian stores will drop the price on them eventually.

Is there any place you can buy topre switches?

no.
they don't work like that

No. If you'd understand how Topre switches work you'd know why.

If you're looking for a switch tester, cooler master has one (see this user )

Any of you niggers have MX Reds? How do you like it? I want Reds because gotta go fast
I have two homies that complain about double typing tho

Getting sick of shit keyboards as a programmer, help me out /mkg/

>Budget: $100 but flexible
>Location: USA
>Switch: I've heard good things about Cherry, but flexible
>Layout: Qwerty
>Form factor: minimal, like OP's pic
>Backlight: not necessary
>Previous/Current: Cheap HP shit

too light

pok3r

You don't want those, dude.

Thanks for the tip user, looks good

Dude, get gateron switches. They are cheaper than cherry and undeniably better.

Get gateron reds instead.

tada68

originativeco.com/products/tada68

Finally finished my review of the $35 mechanical keyboard I got off Aliexpress a couple of weeks ago.

imgur.com/a/Vu5fX

tl;dr: it's good if you bring your own keycaps

/csg/

What switches would you recommend?

this

Getting my first mechanical keyboard. Never used one. Should I expect orgasm?

Your gonna orgasm more than your mom last night

Thanks for doing this!
Finding some detailed info or even clear photos of cheap keyboards isn't always easy, but you went above in beyond for that keyboard. Made my choice easier.

why not? I own them and I love them to bits

Partly because a lot of the sets have that 'nano anti-biosis' meme, but mostly because they are so thin. For the same price, or lower in many cases, you could get really nice gateron thick pbt.

yeah not having half the keys. weird

Every time I restart my computer or wake it up from sleep mode, the LEDs in my keyboard (varmilo va87mr) reset themselves to the fullest brightness. I can deal with turning them back down all the time, but i was wondering if this was a common problem or if anyone has a solution that isn't busting it open and removing them completely.

yes, that set has the weird antibacterial coating. it didn't bother me but I removed it anyway just because I was bored one day. it's really easy. just dip each key in some rubbing alcohol and wipe the gunk off with a rag.
it is true what you say about how thin they are. I got them anyway because I really really like the colors and I couldn't find anything else quite like them at the time.

depends on what keyboards you've used. I remember when we got new HP workstations in the lab at uni, I sat down to login and immediately noticed the feel of the new keyboards. It felt like I'd expect my old noname rubberdome would feel after pouring coffee on it. With lots of sugar. And cream. When I pointed the new keyboards out to my classmate, she said "oh, yeah, these new keyboards are really nice!"

This doesn't happen with mine

Where the hell is the insert key?

In the trash where it belongs.
probably in another layer though idk

It's all up to personal preference, as all of the gateron switches are good. Personally, I don't like gateron clears or browns.

fn+delete im pretty sure

Why are there so many cheap Model Ms online? Are they actually good or am I being memed on?

Now's the time to get a CODE Pok3r.

thanks fambaloni
been eyeing CODE keyboards for a hot minute

I'm using a Gigabyte K8100 now. It's pretty shit, that's why I decided to go with the K65 RGB. At christmas i'll hang it on the tree.

All switches are inferior to buckling spring.

But the keycaps are really bad, and they only come with cherry switches...

charge your fucking phone

The plastic bits that hoöd them together are broken. So you would have to do costly repairs to make them work right.

It's a $110 Pok3r if you go with MX blues.

Blue team reporting in.

I am looking forward to when I have something new to post...

my grandma has an old dell keyboard and i think it's mechanical, at least it feels somewhat mechanical. its an old PS2 keyboard and it feels really nice to type on for a dell keyboard. Did dell used to make their keyboards mechanical a long time ago?

>shipping isn't free
What fucking year is it? Dropped so hard

no problem, the lack of information was the main reason I decided to post this stuff. Finding cheap alternatives to otherwise pricey shit can be pretty fun in itself.

pic related, $14 PBT keycaps

The year in which not all warehouses are located in China.

Fuck me how long does it take for Pexon to create a cable? 1 month?

try boiling a keycap to make sure its actually pbt

Yes, does it look like this?

looking for a new board to buy so i can throw my cool miami keycaps on it
rn i have a hhkb and i love topre
should i just buy a novatouch or one of these?
opinions mi amigos? i really like blacks too

no it looks black and it does look kind of new, compared to your pic, here is a pic of one that looks a lot like it. might be scissor switch tho.

They passed the acetone test. Besides, it was pretty obvious when I tried cutting off some excess material from the bottom edge. PBT is a bitch to cut evenly.

I don't think you can swap the key caps. The mentioned it in a Reddit thread

>inb4 redditfag

WTF.

That looks rubber

You can

>ISO is objectively worse
Why do you think that?

I'm using an ISO azerty board right now, contemplating if I should buy an ANSI board.

My main problem is that most people and businesses also use ISO where I live.

Which is the black kb on the top right?

He's trying to spite yurops.

hhkb

Does this code apply if I submit a meme Inkscape file for them to print on the keycaps?