Anyone remember this piece of shit from the first iteration of OS X...

Anyone remember this piece of shit from the first iteration of OS X? Friendly reminder it took 15 years (assuming siri/sierra is out by 2017) for this "worlds most advanced OS" to have speech recognition. Macfags will defend below. Microsoft literally beat them to tablets and desktop speech. Macfags will defend this also.

That shit is useless anyway.

no one with any serious work to do uses osx

I remember Macs having voice control chess forever.

No one doing serious work uses Windows anymore.
Only dumb office drones and shit tier IT.

This. That was pretty fun.

it was horrible. alfred was shit too compared to google. itunes had no store. ie 5 for mac was shit (no safari). it came with shitware out of the box (earthlink isp shit)

>55225288
OS9 had it too, but it wasnt some shitty orb. i use it to take screenshots.

Windows user here, i've never used that feature, it just doesnt work properly.

gotta love .tiff files tho

This.
Speech recognition is useless unless you are handicapped.

how even is browsing on that old ass machine?

Yeah, i use a website to convert them to pngs. I rarely post from that laptop so i dont really see the need to find another way.

Ok, catalog doesnt work and i hate non js captchas. Anything that needs javascript (so basically every major site, fucking web 2.0 shit) doesnt work well. Its not too old, only 15 years.

What computer is it?

2nd gen Powerbook G4 with the base 550 mhz processor and 512mb of ram.

bitch, that's been around since System 7.

>anyone remember how Apple's operating systems have had speech recognition for decades?
>how about the fact that they're just getting it next year when Microsoft already has it
Quality post, OP

How can I run a Classic VM?

sheepsaver.

clearly you never used that shit in the first iteration of "the world's most advanced OS"

its like saying windows is advanced because it had text editing (notepad) since 1995

I definitely did. Used to use it all the time on 10.1-10.3

>falling for the speech recognition meme

I don't even use this shit on my phone.

I remember being able to use AppleScript to teach it new voice patterns to recognize and link those to commands. Took seconds to learn. Try that on any other OS.

I tried Tiger on a PPC ibook I got once.

>boot quick to desktop
>log into wi-fi
>sluggish as fuck
>decide to try and put PPC debian on it.
>won't boot
>go back to my linux box and never touch it.
>throw away after a month.
Fuck Apple.

Just curious to know what kind of work you do on this machine.

>had fucked up Tiger install
>decide to try Debian
>too much of a retard to figure out Open Firmware
>throw ~$100 in the trash
>blame Apple

If I buy a 1GHz Ti PowerBook will I feel like I threw away 25 bucks?

Yes.

Why?

No, do it

What are the downsides, though?

No security updates for OS X
Not as much prebuilt software as modern OS X
Some projects still support PowerPC though, some exist just for PowerPC, and it's not that hard to compile open source software for it. Plus there's TigerBrew, so you've got a package manager that has most of the stuff you'll need anyway.

That's assuming you run OS X. You can install OpenBSD and have up to date everything if you're just looking for a neat old computer. Plus you can always dual boot

I was just looking for an old computer to fuck around with on the web and make music with my friends on.

Go for it

>No security updates for OS X
OSX never gets security updates anyway so I don't see how that's an issue.

ebin

Are these hard to find on eBay? I've always wanted one, but can't seem to find anything but the aluminum ones.

>more than a year has passed
>every single mac is still a backdoored piece of shit

>Macs have only been made since 2011
>all Macs run OS X

>o-only the latest m-macs are completely backdoored!

You're a fucking dumbass

>>You're a fucking dumbass

>coming from a mac owner

Can you do anything but spout shitty memes
Also where did you get that I'm a Mac owner? I'm just pointing out your retardation. Disagreeing with you when you're needlessly shitting on a company is not the same as defending products from said company because I own them.

>>Can you do anything but spout shitty memes

>posts meme toys on a technology board

I've done no such thing. There you go spouting more shitty memes though.

>>I've done no such thing.

>spouts more shitty memes

You're the only one spouting memes here. I'm just making fun of you because you're incapable of an actual argument. All you do is post the same generic shit that's done at least 10x a day here.

>>I'm just making fun of you

>posts the same generic shit that's done at least 10x a day here

>flipping whatever I say on me
Oh, there's another form of shitposting only the anti Mac 12 year olds use. I can reply to anyone posting like you and expect to see it. You're fucking pathetic. Try making a valid point instead of spouting the same mindless bullshit day after day.

>spouts the same mindless bullshit day after day

Mac 12 year old detected.

Please just fuck off to anywhere but here. Come back when you're up for more than shitposting.

>Come back when you're up for more than shitposting.

You're the one in the wrong place, shitposting's not allowed outside of Sup Forums.

Someone here is being trolled and that person is me.

>>You're the one in the wrong place

>shitposts not allowed outside of Sup Forums

Nearly all of the companies in Silicon Valley use OSX. It's actually stable, unlike Linux, and it's not a piece of shit like Windows.

The great irony is that the only people with serious work to do use OSX.

>OSX
>stable
>not a piece of shit

>memes at me because he can't dispute that all of the most successful tech companies in the world are OSX based.

Expected.

>only people with serious work to do use OSX.

Oh look, more retards with absolutely no argument whatsoever

>>memes at me because he can't dispute that all OSX is a toddler OS

Expected.

>memes at me because he can't dispute that all of the most successful tech companies in the world are OSX based.

>Microsoft
rekt

PAJEET MY SON

When your only basis for an argument is a shitty Sup Forums meme, there's nothing to dispute.

>one infinite loo

lol

the fact that people who work in positions where their operating system choice doesn't matter often use macbooks doesn't mean that those companies are "OSX based".

/thread

IF OSX is so good, why has every major corporation that fell for the apple meme bought it, realized OSX is a toddler OS, and reformatted it with Goobuntu, RHEL, or just bypassed the pile of shit that is OSX and SSH into their real work environment? :^)

Yesterday the moon was purple.

See I can make things up too.

OSX isn't a steaming pile of shit.

See I can make things up too.

Yours is fact though.

Never argue.

Even back in school people laughed at me for using Apple computers.
Never argue.

>mactoddler
>shills b-b-b-but nasa and googel use max!
>doesn't even know what goobuntu is

Expected.

Can you try that in English but without the shitty memes and putting words in my mouth?

Oh who am I kidding? Of course you can't.

Can you try that in the loo but without the street shitting and putting poo in your mouth?

Oh who am I kidding? Of course you can't.