What is the most tech illiterate thing you have ever witnessed?

What is the most tech illiterate thing you have ever witnessed?

Other urls found in this thread:

jeffcolibrary.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Four_orange_rectangles.jpg

>lady thinking the library's website was Google
jeffcolibrary.org/ it looks nothing like google
I guess all search bars are google search bars to her?

>same lady taking photos of her gmail on her smartphone and then writing all the messages down in a notebook
Not gonna even try to explain this.
She was early 30s at most too.

My sisters converts her mp3s to FLAC because "the quality is better"

A friend bought a Mac... To play

At least the songs will last longer :^)

NIGGA

That's a pretty decent website for a public library.

I can't turn a computer on. Halp plz :√)

Pee on it. That provides a temporary coat of solder which will automatically repair any faulty electrical connections.

>Do you know who your internet provider is?
>"Uhh it says mozilla"

They are pink

I was using a Linux USB in my local library and I opened firefox via terminal. Guy at table behind me asked if I was hacking.

>people call the computer the "CPU"
>people think the computer is the monitor and don't know what that "ugly box" is for

Had to check her Twitter to see if this was real. I fucking raged.

>her

Who is that? Are we supposed to know her?

#F1BEAC
#F0E0D3
#FFFFFF
#9D7F7C

Who is this person? I've never heard of her. Is she famous?

I blame video games for the "CPU" problem. A lot of games used to call AI players CPUs.

it is a rather mediocre bibliocommons install

She's the woman/tranny that the gamergaters were pissed off at, because she/it made fun of them for being losers who were obsessed about feminist influence in videogames.

fugg

My mom thinking I was choking to death when I pocket dialed her yesterday. She called my sister in a true panic, who then called me also panicking.

Why the fuck would I call you 1500 miles away if I was choking?

>Why are you typing google into google?
>Omg I like to do it my way!!! People have different ways of doing stuff and I like to do it this way!!!

>her
>her
>woman

maybe theres a space between the 4pin connector on the 1080

why would you call your mother when giving your BF a blowie joey?

Computer player unit.

>I thought internet was a device
She's pushing 75 though. But what would possibly put that idea in her lovely head?

obviously she thought the whole internet was contained in that little box you call a modem

Gamergate isn't about feminism. It's about corruption. The corrupt journalists just made it look like it's about feminism and everyone went with it.

>expecting "gaming journalism" to be independent and serious

Watched someone who "knows computers, stop questions me and leave me the fuck alone" pull on a tower CPU cooler as hard as he could to take it off. Didn't undo the retention lever (AMD) or anything. Just pulled and pulled until the lever that keeps the CPU in the socket let go and he broke the mounting hardware clean off the board. The CPU was stuck to the bottom of the cooler.

>what? Whats the problem? I always take it off like this.

He had the audacity to complain that the fins of the cooler always cut his hands and the parts companies should "design the release mechanism better"

Pic unrelated. Just gives me a giggle.

I bought a Mac to play vidya. Put a gtx 960 in it and installed Windows 10 on an and popped it in.. with a 1080p monitor totaled to around $800. No complaints here.

You're retarded, kill yourself.

I failed once, now I have to use a wheelchair :(

Second faggot isn't me.
Is there a legitimate issue with what I've done? I even have 2 CPUs in it. Everything but Bluetooth works without an issue.

My mom navigating to a website

>user, check out this dog I found on the animal shelter's site
>clicks in IE Google toolbar
>searches "google.com"
>clicks link from Google search page to google.com
>searches animalsheltersite.com
>clicks link to animalsheltersite.com

>Is there a legitimate issue with what I've done?
You spent god knows how much on a Mac Pro to put Windows on it and play video games.

At my high school, the cool thing for girls to do was have iTunes make a single 256AAC copy of all their CDs and then break them.

>animalsheltersite.com
hey that site doesn't exist, I'm starting to believe your story is bullshit

I spent almost exactly $300

Post specs.

Googling google

>it's about ethics in toy reviews
AAA games are designed with children in mind, and you may be developmentally disability if they don't bore you to treats.

this
if you want the real lowdown on someone you use lullar or pipl, though pipl has kinda gone to shit lately

I'm on lunch at work right now. 2x 2.8ghz CPU gtx 960 4gb, 500GB SSD is the gist of it. Which brings the actual total to 600. SSD is a new upgrade. If this thread is alive in 4 hours when I get off, I'll post specs with timestamp.

It doesn't feel right without some blue from the megaman reaction image.

>lullar

perfect

Tfw my company actually manages their IT

>2x 2.8ghz CPU
Oh god that thing is fucking ancient. FB-DIMMS LMAO

DELET DIS :(

8 cores total. Shits worked just fine.

Quite nice machine, too bad apple are trying to get rid of old mac pros now

Those are Xeon 5300/5400s, lmao.

My fucking phone is clocked at 2.65 GHz, user.

>tfw there's gotta be someone in this thread who has no idea what we're talking about

It's either a 2008 or a 2010, that's not too old

>falling for the megahertz myth

It's not a 2010, it's not even a 2009. It's a 2006-2008.

FUCK YOU

sort of dumb from me too but

The girl that lived next door to me brang her laptop over because it wasn't connecting to her net. I spent like 45 minutes trying to find out what the hell was wrong with it and why my phone could connect but her laptop couldn't pick up anything, before realising she turned off the wifi on it accidentally through that function shortcut on the keyboard.

3 4

Based on the CPU clock it's either a 2008 or 2010, no other year had 2.8GHz CPUs so if it's definitely not a 2010 then it's a 2008 model, which again is not that old.

E5462, yes.
2008. So far it's served me very well. Specially coming from a 2.5GHz quad core laptop with a nvidia 610m 1gb.. I can now not only actually run games, but run most shit I own at high/ultra 1080p.
Really it just proves how elitist this place is. It's not a bad setup by any means, gets the job done with ease.

Alas, break is over. Stay classy anons.

>usb keyboard doesn't work
>welp i think its time to reformat

what up senpai

but really though I figure it's about the kid and his laptop shit.

yeah, my favorite/most hellish part of the story is when it gets thrown in the puddle

Removing the non-removable battery of a smartphone to reboot it.

>Elementary
>Everyone googles google in the google side bar ON THE FUCKING GOOGLE WEBSITE
>I was the only one who didn't do it

>Same year
>Typing courses
>solid 80 WPM with my 2 indexes and pinky for tab/shift
>Teacher yells at me for not adopting """""""""""""""""""""""""""""correct"""""""""""""""""""""""" position
>None of the other students can reach 40 WPM

Sup Forums on a daily basis

you are bestest babbeh and type how you want :-)

>bore you to treats
nice touch.

I don't get it dubanon.

>The CPU was stuck to the bottom of the cooler.

How? How did it come off if it was in the CPU socket?

And if she broke the mobo like that, how does she even replace a cooler without buying a new one?

For anyone who hasn't read it yet...

Wow, sexist much? The post even indicates HE did it.

What if I can't type dogshit in the correct position and now reach 110 WPM with my method?

My bad user, I shall check my privilege and pray to Sarkeesian and Quinn.

It was common for AMD's PGA packages to stick to heatsinks and be lifted out with the lever still down. Thermal interface material does its job of displacing air, and no air means much stick.

Fuck you

YOU ARE BESTEST BABBEH AND TYPE HOW YOU WANT

there it is
3 4

It's bad pasta.

No,I mean this CPU socket. Wouldn't the CPU be held down by it and not slip away?

>He doesn't type like me, yet types as fast
>Must be a bad method.

>people that judge your typing skills

it always pisses me off

god i hate tinder

YOU. ARE. BESTEST. BABBEH. AND. TYPE. HOW. YOU. WANT.

No way. No FUCKING way. And she's meant to be one of the foremost 'feminist games journalists omg look at me i'm so nerdy lolrandumb xd'?

Of course, but we are talking about AMD here

Don't worry, who cares about gamerkiddy shit that burns energy for muh 32x AA

He pulled so hard he broke the lever that locks the socket so it "unlocked" the cpu from its socket. Thermal paste made a make shift glue and the cpu stuck.

As for motherboard replacement, it turns out this was his first tims doing this for THIS pc. He performed the same steps on his last 2 PCs and broke them the same way. It's "the manufacturers fault for not making stuff that lasts".

Which is why he buys a new PC every 6 months.

Man oh man...How does anyone anywhere in anyplace in any fucking setting give this hack any bit of credibility?

Not all sockets secure the CPU like that

AMD CPUs are held in differently.