ITT we post tech related shit that confused us when we were young and less tech literate

ITT we post tech related shit that confused us when we were young and less tech literate.

>how can Sata be faster than IDE when sata is smaller and has less cables

Wow you really are stupid.

Dog he said when he was really yung

Did you even read the op?

>tfw thunderbolt is faster than pcie x8

You're genuinely unintelligent if you ever thought like that. Sorry but that's life. Not everyone can be born smart but don't expect me to go easy on you just because you're defective.

>Dog he said when he was really yung
under 10, it's acceptable, over 10, that nigga is retarded for at least not asking why it's faster

You must be fun at parties

Okay, I'll bite.

>When dual core first came out

>is a 1.4ghz dual core 2x 1.4 or 2x 0.7 adding up to 1.4ghz
>how can a dual core be better than a Pentium 4, it's only 1.3ghz
>why are đual cores such low ghz, it's going to fail

The fuck is that?

E D G Y
D
G
Y

oShit, Just saw.

d ď đ D Ď Đ

That's pretty cool, never knew my keyboard could do that

Because SATA is serial and PATA is parallel.
The first thing I learned about SATA. How dumb are you?

I don't go to parties with people like you. Those 'parties' are for stupid people who need to distract themselves from how stupid they are and how horrible their lives are as a result.

I empathize with your situation, really I do, but I don't believe in false praise. The disabled should not be told they can do anything they want. It'll only lead to disappoint.

Here we see the autist, fiercely defending his ideas, as if his thoughts or life meant anything in this world.

>what would happen if I flip that red switch?

That wasn't a good day. Eventful, though.

>how dumb are you
Says the guy too stupid to read the op before posting

I always wondered that about the school computers, but I never flipped it because I didn't want to get in trouble in case anything happened

>64 bit processors?
>does that mean I will get to select "64bit" color in desktop configuration?

>Says the guy too stupid to read the op before posting
Says the guy too stupid to actually understand a post.

This should be amusing.

>why is it a floppy disk if it doesn't flop
>why is it a compact disc if it's bigger than a floppy disk
>why is windows ME better than 95 when they didn't even include dance off the sugar plum fairies

5 1/4 floppies did flop.

(narrated by Sean Connery)

Really?
I only experienced the 3.5 inch drives, was born too late to truly get into early computing

Floppies flop

So did 8inch floppies, are you some kind of underage fag?

Pff, fuck that, you mean Morgan Freeman

It shouldn't be your decision whether other people can reach their goal.

>people born in 1998 can now post on Sup Forums

you guys mean Stephen Fry

Why not the guy at the end of every dragonball z episode?

>why is serial faster than parallel? can't it do more stuff at once rather than the after the other?

depends on the protocol, serial is usually higher frequency and faster speed
also pata used to send more complicated instructions, like head movement etc to the drive, serial only sends a request

Took me seven years to find out what I did and two more to switch the fuse.
I had to live with one 500gb hard drive only for 9 years.

Anyone else keep a ribbon cable around just to run your thumb against the bumps? I find it very relaxing while doing builds.

>I don't go to parties with people like you. Those 'parties' are for stupid people who need to distract themselves from how stupid they are and how horrible their lives are as a result.
pretty much this,

i'm way to chill to be around people that retarded, they always start fights with people they see as smarter than themselves, all i wanted to do was chill and eat some barbecue and drink a beer, not get shitfaced and harass people for not other reason than, my own insecurities about my level of intelligence so i have to assert my dominance in a physical way

but they are too drunk to do that effectively anyways, lumbering swings that anyone can dodge

but yea, parties with shitfaced idiots were never my thing, get a little buzz and eat some good food, make some jokes, tell some drunken stories, then go to sleep without needing to worry about someone drawing on my face, life is good senpai, you should try partying better people, i'll call you a retard when you're being retarded, i hope you do the same to friends, telling a friend it's not worth it is better than backing up their retardation and get int a fight with them

Parties are a way for people to meet up with friends and to remind us that people we surround ourselves with love us for who we are.
Sup Forums is a way for you to distract yourself with how horrible your life is.

>i cant read

jesus, i knew this board was autism but i didn't know it was just illiterate

Fuck off CIA nigger, you're not welcome here anyways

>

The parallel cable could potentially have much higher throughput. It just needs a better signaling technology like multiple, differential serial lanes.

You do realize that not all parties are like something out of a sex comedy film, right? Have you ever actually been invited to a party?

I still don't get that. I mean look at that fucking ribbon cable. That thing can clearly hold a lot more lectricity than the other one. It's clear that the Jews are just fucking with people again...oh I'm sorry, I mean the sheeple. I caught on to their little game years ago though.

>inb4 some shit about Fuck Sup Forums and fuck you. I don't hate the Jews for this. I find it quite amusing myself too. I really appreciate the Jews for their dedication to entertaining me.

People on Sup Forums are 100% real with you. There's no social masquerade here, no one looking to fuck you over to increase their standing. People on this board are better friends than 99% of people you'll meet in the real world, because we don't want shit from you and don't want to take any shit away from you.

but there's 2 red switches there.

PCIe x16 is faster than PCIe x1.

Are you new?

What could actually happen if you covered the hole?

Hey dude, can I borrow your credit card? My son needs to eat and I won't get money till monday, I'll pay you back, promise!

Internally trapped water vapor might not be able to escape through the membrane.

Well, if you ran serial data on an IDE cable it could probably be just as fast. IDE was just an older and easier-to-implement standard and hard drives didn't need any more than the 6.0Gbps that a single SATA link could provide.

Head crash if the atmospheric changes differ so much that the internal pressure would be less then the external one.

This is bullshit buddy, after a drive has been running for a while, there would be almost no moisture in the air inside it.

underage fags don't know what the fuck a floppy disk is, and a staggering number of them have never physically owned a CD or CD Player.

>Not everyone can be born smart but don't expect me to go easy on you just because you're defective.
>Says the Autist posting on Sup Forums

Have you considered seeing a therapist?

IDE has more pins to transfer more data. A wee lad who knows nothing of communication protocols would assume the IDE would be faster.

Give me a reason why a kid would think SATA is faster looking only at the cables.

Weird feeling, uh?

It's ok to run over space aleins. That's why Terry Davis is a pretty cool guy. He runs over space aleins and doesn't afraid of anything.

So was Halo, but we all know what happened to that.

Nah... it is to prevent condensation.

i've been to a few, most got rowdy after a while because of "bros" that don't know their limits and either pass out after starting fights or puke all over the place

the last one, some random guy i met for 2 seconds weeks before, stumbled into me when i got there late because i had to work, i didn't say sorry because he's drunk and stumbled into me as i was coming in, i go and grab a beer, and start looking for a friend to chill with, guy follows me talking shit, and tries to sucker punch me, i step out of the way, and i just leave because fuck dealing with guys like that

i'm more of a potluck/group picnic kind of guy, eating and chilling, maybe a beer or two, and you get looked down at for getting too drunk.

That's some trippy, shitty 90s CGI.
Where's this beauty from?

Please fuck off to /r9k/, this was supposed to be a fun thread and you (surprise) are ruining it with your life story that nobody wants to hear

When I was a kid I would be very defensive about technology features that seemed to be requested by a lot of people.

For instance, I would read people criticizing PS2 developers for including progressive scan modes in their games and I would be thinking WHO THE HELL CARES WHAT THE FUCK IS PROGRESSIVE SCAN ANYWAY

SATA cables do utilize twisted pairs for the differential signaling, so you do get common mode rejection from that. They are also a bit better transmission lines. Still, if you implemented better signaling (differential) on that ribbon cable, you could blow the fuck out of the SATA cable for throughput.

>People on this board are better friends than 99% of people you'll meet in the real world,
100%, i would say in your case, since it seems you still haven't left your mother's husband's basement.

Why did they go from Pentium 4 to Pentium D

I was born in 1998!
I've been here for years and I'm probably older then 20% of Sup Forums users.
God I wish I was 40 instead of 18, life would be so much nicer

D for dual core.

Stop wanting that, you will be 40 in no time and then you're fucked.

D for dick.

This.

I'm 23 and wish I was 14 again wasting time playing games on my Pentium 4 shitbox again.

Dude, same here.

Were*

why do PSUs nowdays don't have another plug so i can put my monitor on it?

>I was born in 1998!
>you're not underage anymore
what the fuccccc

>4 monitors
Do want.

Also, maybe to cut costs since we're no longer dealing with big and clunky CRTs anymore?

i was hopeful i'd get harry potter 1 for pc running on my 486DX2-66 (with no 3D accellerator) once i got it up to 32M ram (the minimum requirement for the game)

I've never been to a party that has such drama as you speak of. And some of the parties I've been to have as few as 5 people and as many as 40. It's always fun playing games and chatting around a fire/whatever

sage for offtopic

Have you played it now that your computer is powerful enough?

I tried it and it didn't fuck up anyway.

I can imagine the fat autistic abomination who posts shit like that.

Kek

He's the guy in this drawing

at the time that was the best machine in my room, but the family machine was new (667MHz P3, 128M ram, Intel i810, 16M graphics)
it could play the game no problem

>If windows vista is an upgrade, why did it make my computer so slow

Bump

Because it's cheaper to make them without the connectors and most screens come with external power bricks instead of onboard ac to dc transformers.

nigga that's vietnamese

đick, đong, đank

Holy shit me too.
I remember seeing 48-bit too.

What does that do? Change the wattage?

*Dibs fedorov*

Changes input voltage. Some countries are 120v and some are 240v.

Changing it to 120v when the input is 240v can be fun.

hello my balkan brother :D
čćšđž

Wew, glad you were born with all the knowldege you need to survive in today's world OP, sadly you're still shitposting on Sup Forums instead of making back at startups.

He's not op...

My first computer purchase was a mac mini. I bought into the marketing about apple power and dedicated graphics in a tiny box. It was a fine computer but I sure could have gotten more bang for my buck. 1.4Ghz single core G4 processor ;_;

Holy hell, I organize a party once a year that is focussed on grilling and eating with eachother, it has always been fun and everyone just enjoys themselfs.

On the flipside I've been to most parties of other people and it's drilled down to this: alcohol, loud music (mostly the current top 40 radio hits or some hardstyle), some awkward conversations because there is nothing to do and a lot of smoking and getting drunk

There is just no food to be had whenever I go to other people, so it gave me the idea to focus it on the food itself

I'm not sure what I do that gives it a whole different mood, but another mans party is just drunk people, loud music and a room filled with smoke while mine is just comfy, everyone sharing stories and grilling some food that he or she enjoys and others playing some games in the background with no drunk people awkward silence or shitty music

Hey user. Don't look merely at specs.

If it does what you needed then it wasn't a bad buy. You should stop worrying about what's on paper and enjoy your purchase instead. I'll admit apple is overpriced, but it is a pre-built and it came in a small form factor. Also OSx.