I am a proud GNU OS user. Does anyone here use a true os that respects your freedom...

I am a proud GNU OS user. Does anyone here use a true os that respects your freedom? What do you like about your GNU OS apposed to the competition?

I didn't even realize there was an OS competition.

Who said anything about Linux you shitposter?

(((Goy)))

you did

>not using Hurd

Btfo

Pic not related

>HURD
I hear it finally got (experimental) audio and USB support this year.

I know its pretty exciting (:

got a actual source on that?

I would love to believe linus said that but I don't think he did.

Linus didn't say that. It's a G+ account that uses Linus's name. The real Linus does indeed agree with this sentiment, but he himself did not write this rant.

freedom is a spook

Yeah I would guess he's not super keen on GNU trying to stick their shit on his work.

I can't wait for linus to say fuck gcc and switch to llvm for kernel development.

I thought clang/llvm was already close to being able to build the kernel. or did that project stall?

You're confused. GNU is not trying to take credit for Linux work. GNU is actually trying to take credit for the GNU OS that's the fundamental part of a typical GNU/Linux system.

None of the GNU software save GCC is essential to a Linux system though. The coreutils, C library, and such are replaceable with non-GNU implementations. As for the compiler, I don't see Microsoft calling their operating system Visual Studio/Windows

demanding your organization be in front of a kernels name that has lots of examples of folks using it with none of the gnu tools.

It's a dumb argument. It makes the FSF look petty and the amount of time RMS wastes explaining to people that he doesn't know what 'linux' is but thinks they mean 'gnu/linux' is disturbing and indicates some serious jealousy.

like read emacs-devel and someone lets it slip once in a while, cause typing and saying gnu linux is fucking stupid. I don't say "Microsoft Windows 7" I say windows 7 - folks know what I mean.

im using ubuntu :D

Did you know that the GNU OS was intentionally designed to be modular and trivial to replace? This is because it was modeled after the Unix OS and Unix was specifically designed to work like this.

What Stallman is describing is that in actual practice that is happening today in this very instant, people are running the GNU OS with the Linux kernel program to form the most fundamental operating system in their computer. If they change this equation in practice by replacing the GNU OS with another OS equivalent, then that system should not be called a GNU/Linux system. An example of this would be Android systems that use the Linux kernel program in practice and run the Android OS on top of that. As far as I know, there is no GNU/Linux/Android system that people use today.

>demanding your organization be in front of a kernels name that has lots of examples of folks using it with none of the gnu tools.
In this case, it is not correct to call such a system as "GNU/Linux". Stallman is not referring to system like this. Android is an example of a system that uses Linux but does not depend upon GNU. Nobody is calling for GNU/Linux/Android because it doesn't exist. Stallman is calling credit for GNU were GNU is the fundamental OS that's being used.

Someone finally replied. I use Debian personally. Thanks for the reply mate.