Android Roms?

What roms and kernels do you currently use on your android devices and why?

Nexus 6P - Paranoid Android 6.0.1 and Elemental-X , for battery life
Galaxy S4 - Resurrection Remix 6.0.1 , For testing and customization
Nexus 7 2013 - Resurrection Remix 6.0.1 , no reason, pretty much just an alarm, no other uses

Other urls found in this thread:

androidpolice.com/2015/09/29/chainfire-transfers-ownership-of-supersu-to-ccmt-will-remain-involved-in-the-project-for-two-more-years/
slickdeals.net/f/8821963-32gb-lg-nexus-5x-h790-4g-lte-android-unlocked-smartphone-black-or-white-260-free-shipping?src=SiteSearchV2_SearchBarV2Algo1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Stock Sense 7.0 Android 6.0 ROM w/ Xposed + ElementalX

Because it has no bugs and HTC's ROMs run great

Is resurrection remix any better than cm13? Tied between these two for my redmeme note3pro.

RR is based on CM, It has alot more customization

Moto E 2015
Ressurection Remix 5.6.9 for customization
Squid kernel because its the only good one available
Gapps because FDroid doesn't have KLWP
Xposed for YouTube Modules
SuperSU because its better than CM Superuser IMO
Nothing more

>6P
>Needs to save battery
What the fuck are you doing that drains a battery that big, that fast?

xiaomi redmi 1s - minimalos and some pajeet kernel that runs cool, nano gapps, snapdragon 400 is hot as fuck
xiaomi mi4c - cm13.1 because nobody ported aosp, miui is too bloated

i don't need 75% of android's features anyways

4.4.2, stock

not getting pico

Stock and loving it now fuck off hipster trash

Nexus 6P
-Pure Nexus
--Franco kernel

i really wanted the ok google

Cyanogenmod 13 + xposed on my OnePlus One

Nothing special, but does the job and I never had issues with battery life & lag. Literally no reason to upgrade in the near future.

Stock ROM on my Redmeme 3, CM13 on my Galaxy Tab and my backup phone the Moto G.

>using a custom pajeet ROM on your main device

I flashed it on my opo from the cyanogen website and that shit makes my phone lose then regain signal 24/7 resulting in terrible battery life. Do you know of any ways to fix it?

CM has always had trouble with RIL. This is fact, especially if not on a Nexus device. A fix would be to somehow flash the stock modem, which works for some people.

nope.

Try to google it and go through the corresponding xda thread. If nothing works, just take one of the other highly downloaded ROM's, they should all work well.

Galaxy S5- CM11

I hate material design, so I refuse to upgrade to anything based on it. Also, the lock screen is nice on CM11, and there is no Voice+ support in CM 12.

That's a good point, thanks

MIUI 7.3.6.0, tried all the custom Roms available for my RN3P but stock is always more stable, plus MIUI is comfy and a skin of Android I personally like, but one thing I don't like is the way the notifications are handled and etc, other than that, happy af with MIUI.

>"af"
kill yourself

> not using abbreviations
> typing long words out instead
> not sticking with the cool times yo dawg homie bread slice home slice dawg

I agree with you
Fuck you

Has anyone here tried TruPureXMM for the Moto X Pure Edition. I love this phone it just sucks no good Marshmallow ROMs are available yet... interested in this one.

Install MIUI8. Notifications, volume controls, and animations are handled more like stock Android.

nexus 7 2012 - cm13 (Android M)
just werks

CM13 on my S5. I wanted to get rid of Samsungs bloatware and CM was the only ROM with working signal

I heard about that and that's making me even more excited, but I'll wait until June 30th for the official release and OTA, it's not so much of a big deal to make me flash a Beta or Alpha or whatever right now

>unironically using stupid fucking fabricated normie abbreviations

Xperia L stock (rooted), stock kernel.

Stock an unrooted on my Moto X Style/Pure; It Just Works™

LG 3 Beat 722v
Mokee 5
The only one with funcional rear camera, bug free and stable at the same time; enough options for customization.

Supersu is closed source, user. I wouldn't trust that.

Kek

>custom Rom
>2016
the only reason you have to rely on them is if you bought shit hardware

I've been trying to install custom rom on S5 Galaxy Verizon edition, and its seems the information out there are nearly impossible to simplify.

Best I found was using root.bat file and that fucked me up. I got stuck on S5 galaxy start up logo. I figured maybe I'll flash one of the kernels in the folder, this pushes me further in and loads the Verizon logo, but now I'm stuck there.

I figured I could do a full rom update, but they are zip and odin doesn't recognize them. So I unpack them and archive it as tar. Odin crashes.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>buying carrier locked samshit phones

Bug you tell me ;^)

>using the smiley with a carat nose

Finally got it working again. I have it rooted but the custom recovery doesn't work. So I'm left with simply a rooted phone, which I guess is fine.

For anyone that's concerned about privacy, I would only recommend AICP ROM and of course CM. Both of those ROMs don't require a closed source SuperSU method for rooting. By the way, SuperSU has been sold to an unknown Chinese company. Just something to keep in mind, if your phone is rooted using a proprietary app.
androidpolice.com/2015/09/29/chainfire-transfers-ownership-of-supersu-to-ccmt-will-remain-involved-in-the-project-for-two-more-years/

who's*

Anyone got a Galaxy S3 i9300 running a custom ROM?

>Nexus 6p
>Resurrection Remix
>Franco Kernel

Carbonrom 4.4.4 on my Galaxy S2 and HTC One m8. Been looking at a new phone, and Marshmallow looks pretty good so far, so I might just stick with that when I upgrade.

>S5 Galaxy Verizon edition,
there is the problem

Galaxy SIII (d2att) running CM12.1 with dkp kernel.

>Stock android

AOSP with gravity box. I want stability. So fucking sick of the camera or YouTube deciding not to work when I really want it to.
Unfortunately this basically means only buying nexus devices.

>shitskin roms

It's not 2012 anymore dude. I haven't used a custom ROM in ages because the OS is actually at a point where it's not necessary.

Rn Im using CM13 + Halogen Kernel on my Moto G 2014. Anybody recommends using anything else?

Moto G 2014, CM13 stock kernel from cm13 + xposed

Its by chainfire, one of the most trusted devs in the android root scene. That said, on my phone, I use phh's Superuser which is a fork of koush's Superuser for Lollipop & Marshmallow. Free as in freedum

Any good ROMs for S6 edge?

The Shatter proof ROM, upgrades your gorilla curved glass processor with new optic sensing technology

Snapdragon 810

Close to kekworthy. Nicely meme'd my friend.
But seriously i tried CM 11 on my S3 and liked it but on the S6E CM apparently still has issues (camera/microphone not working, shit like that). I'm tired of Samsung's bloatware and shitty touchwizz I might just buy an iPhone just out of spite.

>buying a phone with samdung bloatware and touchwizz to begin with

Galaxy S6 G920p owner here, rooted and debloated with Titanium

Still, I wish I could find an AOSP rom that could be stable.

Before this I hadn't rooted a phone since 2012, when I had a Galaxy s3 which I had forever.

The dev community has changed so much. There used to be a cornucopia of roms, now I can't find a single stable rom for my GS6.

I don't even think they have CM for it.

LG G3 beat 722
CM13 - Android 6.0.1
feels gud man

but next time I am buying NEXUS mustard race for sure

Why not now?

slickdeals.net/f/8821963-32gb-lg-nexus-5x-h790-4g-lte-android-unlocked-smartphone-black-or-white-260-free-shipping?src=SiteSearchV2_SearchBarV2Algo1

$260 Nexus 5x

Redmi Note 3 Pro - CM13 build from yesterday

MIUI is fine but I'm used to having certain things from CM, and being unable to find a good miui dark theme. Everything works great besides GPS on CM, a couple bugs I can ignore but it's fantastic.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2012)
CyanogenMod 13
Because of TouchTurd being present, and because the new permissions manager is pretty comfy.

Nexus 6 stock rom
S3 mini cm 13

Is there a way to use CM's built in root on ROMs like Resurrection Remix (which comes pre rooted with the closed source SuperSU)?

How's paranoid android on moto g 2013? Stock has a bit of lag and I want to change for something better until I find money for a new phone