Do you have to be good at math to be a good programmer?

Do you have to be good at math to be a good programmer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=adetEssKxlk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shut the fuck up and get off my board

You have to be good at logic to be a good programmer.

There are no "logic" courses in high school, but math is rich in it, so if you are good in math, you should be good in programming.

Yes you do.

Not necessarily, but also

No, only if you're using APL

Yes to a certain extent is needed. Also as stated. You have to be good at logic and analytic. One way to improve both is by working with math.

You don't need math to be a programmer but you sure as hell need it to be a good one.

i want to fug that nugget

Math is broad topic
skills you should have
> logic for if (a & b || c) then ... else ...
> simple arithmetic for memory e.g. one use object uses 15KiB of RAM, how many users can my 2 GB server handle?
> combinatorics for runtime estimations e.g. if you want find the optimal soccer pairing of 10 teams so that each team plays against every other team and at least once in their home stadium and once somewhere else and they only play once a week. How many possibilities do you have to check to find a schedule that says which team plays against which other team at what place in what week.

that's for basics

for more advanced stuff where you would need statistics for proving that A is faster than B you need calculus

and stay away from functional programing
that shit is sweet and delicious but nothing for, just keep on eating shit

Yes, but not a good code monkey

>if ur a fukin nerd then ul be gud at prgraming

Well shit, no hopes for me then

That sounds complicated as fuck senpai

So I take it you can't into high school math? Go flip burgers you retarded fuck.

Which anime is pic related?

High school math is good enough to be a code monkey. Real math is for programmers.

kys kike i only browse /pol, /b and maybe /sci

>Real math is for mathematicians.

FTFY

You don't need to be a mathematician to be a programmer. Anders Hejlsberg is a programmer.

Well if I understood my theoretical computer science course correctly, then every program is expressable through a mathematical recursive function.

So yes, you need to be good at math.
Logic isn't the only thing you need to know. Functions, recursions, set theory, basic probability, and more is all important.

Umaru is imouto-tier.

you need only math for to be a programmer

>tfw I can into math but I can't into systematic learning

Yes, you do need to be good at math

It's not, and it's a requirement at most universities to pass the course where they teach it (discrete math) for a cs bachelor's

>single slash
>Sup Forums
Summer pls go and stay go

paybacks a bitch motherfu-
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH
CAN YOU HEAR THE CALL OF THE WASTED AND WOUNDED

Yes,good programmers are strangely enough good at math as well because math is just logic practice.

youtube.com/watch?v=adetEssKxlk

>tfw math minor and cs degree but not good at math or coding

I'm a meme.

Never to late to learn friend! Try Khan Academy. I wasn't very fantastic at math in high school, mainly because I wasn't dedicated to studying, but if I needed to learn anything for my CS degree i learned on Khan Academy.

No but you can't do interesting things like soft-computing or digital signal processing without math.

this.
only if you wanna get into the uni tier stuff like Machine learning CS ES or DS you'll need a good knowledge of calculus

You need a Fields Medal to write a Hello World.

Yes but maybe not the math you imagine.