blog.servo.org/
redox-os.org/news/
arewewebyet.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They're both run by SJWs, but if I had to pick one, I'd pick Rust

Elixir.

thistbqhwyf

just 4 replies, shows the lack of real programmers in Sup Forums

Golang for the web, C for embedded, everyone kikes rust because of the safe memory meme but you can track that yourself by not being incompetent

>muh SJWs

Elixir is garbage for everything except networking.

Erlang is top-tier m8
If you're talking about general purpose I would just say python 'cuz yeah...

Go if you don't want to manage memory

>Rust: Don't like the name, the syntax, etc
>Go: Pretty, simple, C like, server oriented apps

>the best language ever invented
>or google's dogshit
Hmmmm

Is neither an option?

C

Go!

can someone post the lambda functional programming propoganda poster too?

NEITHER

Haskell

I don't have that one, but I do have some other programming propoganda

D

It's a non retarded version of C++

Go. Because I've never tried Rust

These are great
ty based user

>GC
>java syntax everywhere
Nope.jpg

>Java syntax
Lol confirmed for never using it once.

And the GC is fine

t. pajeet

> Rust-lang or Go-lang?
fucking plebs. Go has garbage collection and Rust is a SJW HIV infested garbage.

Swift > *

It's called swift cuz when u use it, u swiftly turn gay or turn away lmaooo

RUST
literally best language ever invented
>mfw all this talk about SJW
>actually caring about the people that make/support the language
i use the language.... not the people?!?

hahaha swift is a fucking joke, literally normie meme lang
>G I T G U D

you're a fucking retard.

Swift's better than Rust and is actually being developed by a large company that has money & resources to make it successful. If you learn Swift, you can start making money tomorrow. If you learn Rust, you’ll be hacking for free on some open source shit for faggots and SJWs.

Found it

>normie meme lang
wtf does that even mean you retarded neckbeard? at least you can make money with it.

Avatarfagging is against the law.

go rat me out to your mom.

And C is oldfag neckbeards.

It doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the language's merit.

>And the GC is fine
Confirmed garbage opinion

Impossible. If it was garbage, it would've been collected.

KEK

>SJW HIV infested garbage
how does the impede your ability to use the language?

Do you really allow this shit into your life?

"java syntax" is called camelCase, buttface

Go is just another garbage collected garbage language. Rust is actually a modern systems language that can be used in place of c/c++. I don't see how they are comparable.

OK inbred, whatever you say.

Maybe because Go is actually a modern systems and server language that can be used in place of C/C++?

Google are so retarded they decided to advertise go as being a systems programming language. That's also their excuse for their standard library being so ridiculously unsafe that even C's seem formally verified by comparison.

Swift is going nowhere outside of the Apple ecosystem and most of the libraries that Swift developers on iOS and OS X rely on aren't being ported or open sourced.

To be fair, Go isn't terribly popular inside of Google either. More Googlers are using Dart ffs.

the docker ecosystem is mostly go

golang because the eco system is sane and cool stuff like segmented stacks, goroutines and golang.org/s/gctoc

So what?

Docker is written in go, if thats not what you meant

>garbage collected
>slower than java
>actually has less features than other similar languages
sure buddy

>C like
>gc
m8...

it's C-like in that it doesn't have any features as to not confuse the /dpt/ vegetables

>/dpt/ is not confused by C
user...

golang is fun
i'm learning it right now

>slower than java
lel

Gotards, everybody!

You know GoLang is still pretty new versus Java which has had billions poured into it?

So what? The language is deliberately shit. More money and more time isn't going to fix it.

Or you could just don't care about the language and write good applications?
A side from that I think go is not really a low level language and depends on a high level of abstraction. Rust can be pretty low level, just look at redox

>deliberately
That's what irks me the most. They could have made it non-deliberately shit, like D, but nooooo they decided to make it deliberately shit and then they're surprised nobody, not even their own employees, want to use it.

>erlang for dumbs

spotted the applefag

They mean to cover two completely different use cases. Go is almost exclusively aimed towards easier and safer network programming while being easy to pick up and difficult to fuck up coming from a scripting language like Python/Ruby/etc. while still being good for network programming, which covers a lot of Google employees.

Rust is almost exclusively aimed towards making manual memory management safer and harder to fuck up while including some quality of life improvements like static typing and pattern matching, and then building on that safer memory model to create software projects.

ask me how I know you've never dealt with a project of any sufficient size

Rust is RAII by default

Holy fuck the L is backwards

>i place my opinion on things based on tangentially related feelings I have for vaguely related other thing
you're just as bad as the SJWs

tell me when you've finished writing anything larger than your homework assignments

this thread is 90% troll thread. you people literally can't make any valid reasons to use or not to use a language other than

>meme
>meme
>it's a meme lang
>it's backed by SJWs. i'm not an SJW. x lang sucks

damn i'm upset.
0/10 for making me respond.

>Golang
this language has a terribly non-standard and awkward way of handling and passing around errors that bubble up from functions.
>if err != null
have fun writing that shit a billion times in any large project. that alone gets my panties in a wad

depends on what you want to use it for?

Go was developed with cloud stuff in mind

>Go was developed with cloud stuff in mind
lmfao what does that even mean?

>D

sorry, gc-infested shit need not apply
> yes that includes go
> no, littering your entire codebase with 'nogc' doesn't count, especially when core std lib semantics require gc

>rust
>language made by sjws
>you have to give the compiler trigger warnings for "unsafe" code
W e w l a d

yeh seems like anything you can do in go you can do in java, whereas rust is shaping up to be a real c/c++ alternative

>"unsafe" code
"I don't know how computers work"

dude putting free/delete in the destructor is hard lmao, let's make a new language with no standards or libraries to combat this problem!

i would rather touch a rust codebase than a go codebase, so pick you poison according to your own needs
elixir is fine too, erlang is noice tier

>0/10 for making me respond
>making me respond
>making me
Do you not have control over your own life user?

>i have no idea what i'm talking about
lol

hello new friend

If you're writing "delete" anywhere on a regular basis, you're doing C++ wrong.

>uses the costanza meme
giddy up!

doc.rust-lang.org/book/unsafe.html
?

because most of google is front end shit or android

backend is go

Rust is founded on better principles, however the development is stalled and it's infested with SJWs

>the development is stalled
what?
this-week-in-rust.org/
guillaumegomez.github.io/this-week-in-rust-docs/
blog.servo.org/
redox-os.org/news/
etc.

no it's not? historically an overwhelming majority of it was written in C++ and python. over the years they have gained a large base in Java, node, and Go. I assume bits and pieces have random other language, but by no means is it all Golang. You are full of shit. a simple google search could tell you these things. stop falling for memes.

this

No, it's not. The vast majority of Google's backend services are written in C++ and Java. There's more C++ and Java at Google than all the other languages combined and more internal services are currently being written in Dart than Go.

Go is basically a hobby project to keep Pike and Cox around.

Cry me a river, Walter.

D's GC is its #1 flaw hampering enterprise adoption, even/especially at Facebook.
compiler directives to manually override behavior of every routine is shit and you know it.

i'm curious as to what part of the GC that differentiates D vs other dynamic languages that incorporate GCs that makes it more or less shitty. please do go on into specific details

The issue is that D tried to sell GC as being actually faster than non-GC because of deferred batched heap maintenance for frees or some-such, but it never was able to address the vast memory overhead and locality destroying/cache trashing endemic to all sweeping GCs.

Not every application needs pure deterministic object lifetime semantics, but enough people that mattered wanted support for it that it had to get shoehorned in, very late in the game.

I've done a small amount of Go and I didn't enjoy it. I've never learned Rust but this is what I'd go for if I had to choose between those two languages.

I seriously don't see them as competitors.

Noone is going to write a browser in Go. Servo looks promising. Noone is going to write a web application in Rust (unless they are autists. And there are many such autists).

>Noone is going to write a web application in Rust (unless they are autists. And there are many such autists).
Why not?
There are many people looking to do web stuff with Rust, and with good reason. It offers the speed and memory efficiency of C with the syntax and memory safety of a typical webapp language.
>arewewebyet.org/

>It offers the speed and memory efficiency of C
Rust is still slower than C. Not PHP-slow, put still slow.

Rust is for edgy macfag hipsters.

The whole language looks like a vomit of ruby perl obj-c because C and C++ is too mainstream for them. They dismiss D because it looks good as a C language while improving on it with novel features and metaprogramming.

Nobody gave a shit when D appeared on the field, yet everyone lose their mind when sjwmozilla announced rust.

H-hi anons!