Anyone know if the 480's fan is not gonna be shit...

Anyone know if the 480's fan is not gonna be shit? Im wondering if I should wait until a third party to like MSI to make a better cooled one?

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/amd-rx-480-gaming-benchmarks-leaked/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

isn't it normal that third party coolers will be better
although i'm sure that the stock fan is okay for OC and shit

i'm getting an aftermarket one just for a dvi port

Yeah I just don't want the card to overheat very often because of a shitty fan

Wait for zen

nice meme

It should be fine for a card that uses so little power. Custom models will obviously be cooler and quieter though.

It's a very low power card

It won't heat up enough to be house fire tier

wait for vega

all those rumor sites claim you can reach crazy overclocks with it so I guess temps will still be an issue.

If you plan on overclocking it why would you buy a reference in the first place?

what is this "crazy overclocker" meme? why would they release a card with more than the necessary headroom to make sure every chip works flawlessly at base clock.

fuck that, ordered myself a DisplayPort so I can order the card on release day with no probs.

so they can make an OC'd version of it and sell it as the RX 480x

Just wait, reference cards are shit.

Gigabyte is usually Low-Mid tier for me (In AMD cards) but damn their logo looks sexy in Red

If there's a 480X it'll be the full chip with the extra 256 shaders enabled.

and what makes you think they aren't limiting something in their cards to prevent that?

Will the 3rd party be out less than a month after launch?

>bin chips way lower
>save power
>increase yields by a lot without sacrificing enormous amounts of performance
>chips get cheaper, lower price point
>sell the chips that can make it to the higher clock as "superclocked" at a higher price point

Not a hard concept to understand. It might be that most of the chips can hit 1400mhz but the few that can't are binned out for 470 chips (which also launch on the same day, remember) but that 1266mhz gets them into their power:performance:price triangle they want.

How is Gygabyte allowed to build both AMD and Nvidia?

Why wouldnt they?

I thought that Nvidia would have made them sign some agreement to only sell their products

They have no standards

...remember that before hitting "confirm payment".

It will be fine.

If you want to OC and the leaks are true, then it should be ok, but I would still get an aftermarket cooler if I were you

im sure Nvidia would do something like that if they could

holy fuck where are the actual game benchmarks?

wccftech.com/amd-rx-480-gaming-benchmarks-leaked/

>gaming performance rivals the R9 Fury X and 980
All without proper drivers and OC.

If the OC leaks are true, you could pretty much turn it into a 1070 with OC on an aftermarket cooler, 1080 on DX12 and Vulcan