/guts/ thread

If nobody is gonna start the next one, I'll do it.

Meme fan general

Wew

>black and yellow mobo
>black and silver cooler
>white and red gpu
what are you doing

well the lights aren't on.

Also, all the white X99 motherboards are garbage VRMs or chokes, or have horrible DOA issues.

>32 gig's of meme ram
>Overpowered processor compared to GPU
>960 kekpu
>Shit window
>meme lights
>Two monitors for """productivity"""
>Amine
>Anime on window
>computer super close to desk
>speakers
>A bong
>Meme drug
>Meme spycam on monitor
>Unused powerstrip

this is a 7/10 based on the standard Sup Forums setup

Still waiting for two 1080's.

>Not buying a single one and then upgrading to two 1080 Tis when they are released

>Getting keked into spending two thousand plus on your GPU setup

Just buy a fucking firepro or Quadro

>not buying a single 1080ti and then upgrading to two 1580ti's when they come out.

Why are people so dumb.

>not waiting until the single most powerful gpu ever to be created exists and then just buying that

come on its 2016

Well it's not a gaming rig, i've got 18TB of HDDs and the 5820k is for encoding.

go back to Sup Forums kiddy

35c with that cooler? HAHAH

C U R R E N T
Y E A R

Poo fans all the way. Love it.

Clean and neat as always. Dat SSD is really good looking too.

Very nice colors and jelly of the monitors.

Fuaark all dat space and cores!

Nice, what XEONs you got in der?

EVGA or Gigabyte?

R8 and h8

Dad and this post is son. Unfortunately I cannot keep the L9i as I have to swap it for a cooler with a higher TDP. Cryorig C7 oughtta do.

>Nice, what XEONs you got in der?
X5570's
I've been thinking about getting a 2011v1/v2 and putting the current guts I have into a rackmount case, but that's a $800 dream

Battlestation/Guts

Stop using dual screens people !! It fucks up your attention span and fucks you up long term

>ANECDOTES

Live the dream user. Start saving if you got to but dayumm that's a pretty sweet dream.

Does this count as gpu sag?

your mouse pad is upside down

It's double sided, you twat.

>that HP glare
my eyes

Asus.

>supermicro 2u case w/ psu $300
>supermicro 2u heatsinks $30
>48gb of used ddr3 off ebay for $100 or so
>pcie SSD boot drive $100
>2x 2011 xeons ~$200
>supermicro 2011 board $300-500
I was a bit off with my estimate

>looks like everything in the picture is >sagging
someone needs a new camera or learn how to use it.

>razer mousepad

what a scrub

So's your mums cunt

>have atx case
>use components that would otherwise fit into an itx case

why

ahaha n1 rekt

*sigh* might as well post mine.
>fx 8350 @ 4.9
>Fury X at 1097 MHz
>16 gigs meme-ory
>1000w overkill juicer

clean

processor arrives today, then i can show off the complete thinkcenter upgrades...

then i wait for better ram and ssd's, but it will all function today

will i need to install my motherboards driver disk in order to have working ethernet?
i have a disk drive but its still oldschool pata and my motherboard is way too new for that

Better user-kun?

It works
Ubuntu recognizes it all, even though I basically took the hdd from a p4 and 2gb of ram to a p/g/ and 8gb of ram, it's read it just fine. Just gotta update drivers and such

But fuck me, the PSU fan sounds like a belt grinder, gonna try and deal with that
Got the power buttons to work too, probably going to modify the connector a bit so it's not all wonky on the pins

After years of 1080, going to two 4k g-sync panels is pretty great

muh nigger

Fixed the PSU fan, now gotta figure out why my case fan is going at max rpm...

r8/ h8

Suggestions for improvements are very welcome. GTX 1070 is on it's way from NJ to CA

i have no friends so i seek validation online: the thread: the repost

pathetic

>not 144hz
>2 4k panels with gsync when a single 980ti can barely handle one of those
lmao

>front mounted rads

My motherboard is away for RMA, so I figured I'd clean up the cables in the back compartment so the back panel goes on easier. I wish I took a before picture desu.

the benefit of this case being open, with a max rpm case fan going with my ac is that im running at 24c

probably the coldest a pentium has ever been

Good luck keeping that FX at 4.9ghz on an MSI board. Their VRMs are known to pop.

Unrelated to that
Would anyone ITT recommend going from a single EVGA 980ti classified to a gtx 1070/1080? Or even a 1070 SLI? My 980ti is worth $720 in store credit with warranty and a single 1070 is $430. Or a 1080 for $650.

I'm only driving a single 1440p 60hz panel. CPU is an i7-6700k @ 4.6ghz and 16GB ddr4-2666mhz.

Where else should I mount it? Mounting it on top with this case in particular will just make it louder.

Classy cards are binned and have great cooling and overclocking. I'm willing to bet an ocd classified 980ti beats a 1070 FE ocd, or even a evga SC 1070. You have a flagship. It will last you quite a while.

Yea I figured as much. My 980ti classy has yet to disappoint and pushes 1440p easily 60+fps. Just wary of the supposed nvidia "driver gimping" if thats true.

There's no gimping. They DO stop optimizing, and your performance will plateau, but it won't decrease. Newer more demanding games might see you go from 70 fps to 60, but if you get 80fps in doom today, you will get 80 fps in doom next year, provided you take care of your card.

OK cool. I always take care of my tech. And im getting around 90fps in DOOM with AA down to 4x and FOV all the way up. Ty for the input.

Hey guys

>someone posted a picture I made
feelsgoodman

Micro ATX > mini ITX because it's easier to work in most micro ATX cases and there's more room for better cooling. OP has four fans not including the beefy CPU cooler, he clearly cares about cooling.

Thanks for making it user, legendary

First ever build and installing the drivers at the moment. Will do better cable management once my better cable set arrives in the mail.

>better cables
Why? Those already would look good with some cable management.

i dont know why but this looks comfy

Do you like ketchup and mustard?

Oh I forgot to mention :
>aio water cooler
>not just a top-of-the-line air cooler for less money and no radiator noise

Me fancy dat gpu cooler

I'm thinking of RX480 for my first major upgrade since 4 years. Douple the gflops of 670. Just waiting for reviews.

I really need a better camera to properly capture the beauty of my fagbox.

How do you like the 400C?

why is your graphics card in the bottom PCIE slot? Sure, it only gives a 1% performance boost, but It should theoretically get better airflow there too. Also, you did a halfass job dusting there. Don't just hand wipe, grab some compressed air for like $6.

It's pretty nice. Hard drives get a little toasty though since with the front rad there's no room for a fan to hit them.

dude,did you read the motherboard manual?

you have wrong memory slots in use if you want quad channel...

I thought about getting one, was worried about my HDD getting to hot though.

So that's how you get around the right angle connector SATA cable bullshit.

It is finished!
[email protected] stable with 1.25v
4gb 800mhz ddr2
80gb intel ssd
320gb HDD
Msi p45 neo3 FR
Gtx 660 3gb OC edition with backplate
The ultimate budget 1080p dream machine.

Ehh.. I used an air compressor. Wiping is what it actually needs, but I don't bother.
What is the basis that the upper slot gives 1% performance boost? They are both pcie 3.0 x16 slots with 16 lanes (40 lanes in total with x79 and 3930k). I put it in the lower slot so it wouldn't block the mobo chipset cooler. It's already hot as it is.

What case?

Looks like 750D.

Pretty comfy for a 771

Hey, hopefully you're on/see this. What color are the clips that secure into the back of PCIe cards on the board? All the pictures make them look blue.

Looks like a very effective rig

Thanks, damn i lost those two red pillars that decorate the cpu cooler a long time ago

Nice trix cf btw

postegn

That cpu cooler is Xbox Hueg

>full tower
>one graphics card
>one drive
Should have gone for mATX instead.

They are clear and light up to any color of your choosing.

i thought the general rule was intake fans on front, side panel, and bottom, exhaust fans on top and back. pretty much every itt has like 4 intake fans and 1 or none exhaust. why is this

Core 2300 is midtower

user where the fuck is your power supply

Thats the general rule, people change fan orientation for various reasons (some part wont fit, shit gets in the way, water cooling, or just plain retarded).

but for cpu coolers, the fan connected to the cooler itself is blowing air through it, and the back fan is also blowing air at it. wouldnt it be better if the back fan exhausted the air?

Angle....

Case < casefan < Cpufan1 < rad < cpufan2

other side of the case, it's a cube.

someone buy this 290 from me so I can get a 1080 already.