What is the best cooling solution for your GPU and CPU?

What is the best cooling solution for your GPU and CPU?

liquid nitrogen
oil immersion
ferrofluids

Allow me to rephrase.

What is the best viable GPU and CPU cooling solution?

Custom loop with full cover blocks.

Just buy an aftermarket one and have case fans. More than likely you'll be fine, and won't have to spend $200 on cooling

LN is picking up in popularity, especially among enthusiast overclockers
but, in all seriousness, you're best off using air cooling or, if you have the money/planning skills, a custom watercooling loop
prebuilt solutions like the one in the op are often unreliable and loud as all hell
also expensive, given their reliance on an additional closed loop cooler that you have to buy yourself

ammonia or CO2 refrigeration for regular use
liquid nitrogen for OC

I have seen cases with built in phase change cooling.
Is phase change any good?

A closed loop. Your pic related is OK for single GPU, but worthless for mGPU and more than one AIO. I'm going to switch my AIOs for a 280 and 420 radiator when the 1080Ti comes.

A big piece of metal with a fan on it.

It just werks.

Completely unnecessary, loud as hell, and for the amount of preperation, precautions, money and power required you might as well go for direct die TEC cooling, or a custom chilled loop using peltiers.

Inversely, I am considering on trying my hands at a peltier powered air chiller to introduce sub ambient air into the case. Theoretically, this is fairly affordable, and highly effective given the right setup. Could be similar to having your computer near an open window in the winter time.

Find a way to bolt this to a gpu. It claims to be capable of handling a 300w tdp on a cpu.

I don`t think normal GPUs sag enough already.

What are your thoughts on the Arctic Accelero Hybrid lll?

Water kits AIO bullshit

Good cooler + fans , the best

Shit

go passive or go home nigger.
That's the way cards used to be not a long while back. I remember my nshilia 8600gt from gigabyte
with a massive heatsinki, no fans, and cool as fuck, quiet as fuck.

Massive fan-supported cooling systems are ridiculous. Parts should be cool but also quiet not whine like a slaughtered cow.

You can't go passive as most cases don't have the airflow to cool the sort of TDP a lot of modern cards have. I mean if you went for the sort of setup the likes of tesla cards do then sure, but thats a whole different game with very, very high powered fans to "passively" cool a 250w+ TDP card.

Bunch of chinks did it with a gtx 680. If they were able to cool passively a monster like that than I think it will be possible with modern 16nm cards, maybe the 480/1060

enough with the triple fan malarchey, it gives me the creeps, like those massive 290s.

I hear that an RX 470 or 460 will have a passively cooled version.

Links? Im interested

I have an AIO cooler lying around which I plan on using for a 1080ti.

I just don't know to do with the memory, since that needs cooling too.
Reference cards cools the memory seperately, correct? So I'd be able to use my AIO cooler for the gpu?

Just use air cooling. There's no chance that air will damage your electronics. I know that liquid cooling has become leaps and bounds better over the years but it's not worth it to me to try and do that. If you seriously need more performance just get better specs instead of trying to overclock like a mofo.

Reference card has some shitty heatsinks for the memory and the VRMs (literally just a flat block in Nvidia's case). The best way to cool the card is to go full custom waterblock with an aftermarket PCB or buy a Gigabyte Waterforce card.

This aio cooler uses the standard tube threads, so id be able to hook it up to a gpu waterblock, fully functional?
Dont mind having the aio cpu block "lying around" in the case.

Pump should be strong enough to circulate the water for the gpu block, right?

Just get those premade water-cooled GPUs and CPU watercoolers. If they leak, you have warranty.

Why can't we have more builds like this so desktops aren't huge immovable shit

Can I do it in a silverstone fortress