/hpg/ - Headphone General

-- PLEASE USE THIS FORM TO GET PURCHASE ADVICE --

>Headphone purchase advice
pastebin.com/hjHkKDyM

Asking "Hey guys, what's your opinion on x?" is frowned upon.
Wireless is frowned upon.
Headset requests are frowned upon.
Noise isolation ≠ Noise cancellation
If you dislike a suggestion, try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked instead of going "hurr, x sucks"

>Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

shop.panasonic.com/audio-and-video/headphones/premium-studio-headphones/RP-HTF600-S.html)
wireless1.com.au/kingston-hyperx-cloud-core-gaming-headset-khx-hscc-bk-fr
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>audiophiles are autistic

0/kek

is the sony UDA 1 a good amp/dac and why or why not?

reposting from old bread

>Budget
50 dollars
>Location
South-Africa
>Source
PC
>Preferred type of headphone
Full Sized
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
Very important cause I'm gonna wear them alot
>Preferred tonal balance
dunno
>Preferred music
Electronic, Rock, Rap
>Past headphones
All of them were dogshit gaymin headsets. Last one I had literally just broke (Logitech G430, it was shit)

so yes im a fag and after years of taking it up the ass from gaymin i want to convert.

Also, how good is the neewer clip on mic compared to headset mics? As long as there isn't too much noise it won't be a problem.

>South-Africa
This makes it kind of difficult. Perhaps you can find some Koss Portapros?

What are some decent wireless headphones?

Looking at the jaybirds right now.

I passed on an mdr-cd900st for 80USD used good condition

did I fuck up? Are they noticeably worth it over mdr-v6?

>Budget
200 dollars
>Location
Sweden
>Source
PC and Phone
Full Sized
>Open or closed
doesn't matter
>Comfort level
I think I am fine with whatever, I have never worn a pair of relatively high quality headphones and found them uncomfortable
>Preferred tonal balance
No idea
>Preferred music
Electronic, Jass, Funk
>Past headphones
Hyper X cloud II and some turtleneck headphones

Coped the questions from South African brother.

I have had headsets for gaming and a pair of on ear marshalls in the past, I don't care for a microphone or anything like that.

Sorry about the headset request but I don't really know where else to turn considering I'm not that experienced.

Oh and I would also really appreciate some reccomendations for good earbuds for the same purpose and price range - thanks famalam

>Budget
$30-70
>Location
Australia
Surround Sound (not 7 speaker surround sound)
USB attachment
>Comfort level
Gaming for 11 hours+
>Preferred music
Bossa Nova, Jazz,
>Past headphones
Plantronic Gamecon 780 - Cord Broke After 6 months and one ear thing snapped off.

It does not have to have virtual surround sound.

5.1 is fine

HD598
MA750

>USB attachment
That means a cheap crappy DAC. Don't do that.

>Surround Sound
>USB attachment

Avoid any headphones that have that because it means they are pure shit.

I was actually looking into the Hd598, I'll check out Ma750 too, thanks user

>Budget
250 USD
>Location
United States
>Source
PC -> ODAC
Full Sized Over Ear
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
Doesn't matter too much
>Preferred tonal balance
preferably flat
>Preferred music
vocal, folk, rock, indie
>Past headphones
Audio-Technica MSR7's and Audio Technica AD700x

The AD700x's really sold me on the open backed headphones meme, and now I want to try something better. That's why I'm requesting.

Okay okay i just remembered i needed a USB attachment cause i snapped my headphone jack.

So scratch the USB, i don't NEED surround sound.

So what would be the best

You might look to see if you can get something like a HiFiMeDIY Sabre.

forgot to add i got a new mobo so i can use jack

see

You have no USB connections?

No, i got a new 3.5mm headphone jack (new mobo)

So you don't need a USB attachment cause the headphone jack you snapped has been replaced as part of a new mobo?

I see how i have confused you.

So i fell off my chair (lol) and snapped the green headphone input.

I thought USB was better, bu you corrected me on that.

So what's a good headset that has a Headphone jacs, 30 - 70 bucks and has a microphone

Fuck i think i have Alzheimer's.

Ok i bought a new mother board. So now i can buy a headest with a different attachment

>headsets are frowned on
Generally those are crap "gamer" sets that you pay extra for and sound worse than comparable headphones. It is recommended to buy separate headphone.

Oh so i should buy one of those dildo microphones?

Just to let you know I don't use heapdhones while listening to music. Cause you look like douche.

I actually go outside quite a bit. And god, my olf bf used to wear headphones in public, was really dorky and embarrassed me.

Use headphones at home and IEMs for outdoors.

Yeah but what about a microphone inside

There are lots of desktop mikes to choose from. Or if you have to have something attached to the headphones you can modmic or get a clip on.

if you want to pay 1$, just buy a cheap lapel mic.

if you want to pay 20-30$ go the /csg/ way and buy a Chinese condenser mic with a stand and a cheap usb soundcard.

But why do i need an external mic. Do they need to hear my voice so clearly.

Do you have Alzheimer? It was partially touched on in

what is the closed ear equivalent of the hd600?

Is there not a decent headset with a microphone attached to it

>decent
>headset
Pick one.

headset

No.

All headsets have mics with the same quality as a 1$ lapel mic because people who buy them don't care about sound quality.

The headphone part also sound like shit because again, people who buy them don't care about sound quality.

Ok but because i have alzhemirs. Or hopefully a form of autism.

Do you think i'm smart enough to clip it on without breaking it

Dumb question incoming.

I have some rather inexpensive headphones (shop.panasonic.com/audio-and-video/headphones/premium-studio-headphones/RP-HTF600-S.html) and they seem to almost have an echo quality, as though sound is being played in a large room. My more portable earbuds don't share this quality. Is there a name for what I'm experiencing?

You're asking in the wrong place. Remember that audiophiles are autistic, and they don't understand why you would be willing to sacrifice some amount of quality for another convenience.

>why you would be willing to sacrifice the entire point of personal audio for another convenience.
FTFY

I knew they were autistic buying vinyl ad shit. But this is a new kind of autism

What's the best closed set of portable basshead headphones out there for under $200US?

>portable
Well, it's a bit of stretch but the DT770 maybe the cans for you.

Hyper Cloud X. Not the Cloud X two. It is the least worst of a bad choice.

Hey guys i listen to alot of classical and metul, what are some good headphones for both? Also my brother got some sennheiser 598s, what do you think of that? And in this chart the dt770pro is near the 598s price, what are your thoughts on those and how do they compare to the sennheisers?

Sorry for all the questions

>Hyper Cloud X

92 AUD

no thanks

If you are only interested in cheap crap why bother asking for purchasing advice?

A neutral headphone would probably be best for multiple genres. 598s are pretty good. Super comfy and good sound quality. Lower end is lacking though.

So i can purchase the best cheap crap, duh

Let's set this out plain so any idiot with more than three brain cells can understand it.

You are asking people who suggest against buying crap in the hopes that they are hypocrites and are buying crap?

I never said that.

I just said i don't want gear that an obese pimply man would use

>I never said that.
Why do you have to explicitly say it? Isn't that essentially what you are doing?

Nah cunt

Are you just saying that because you don't want to look like an idiot if only to yourself or can you provide a plausible alternative explanation for what you are doing?

requesting headphones

Are you lying now or were you lying when you said "headset" when given a choice between "decent" and "headset?"

>inb4imadifferentposter

Well no one ever recommended me anything, so i went with what i have used.

>no one ever recommended me anything
Regardless of your justification (which is also a lie as someone suggested the Cloud X) if you are going to lie why should anyone bother reading anything you write?

This infographic needs some updating.

At the very least, I'm pretty sure that most will agree that we can swap the M50 for the M40X.

>Budget
120 dollars
>Location
Hungary
>Source
Desktop Computer
Full sized
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
pretty important since id wear it 40% of my free time.
>Tonal balance
neutral-bright
>Preferred music
Chiptune,Vaporwave,DnB
>Past headphones
Sony MDR-10RNC
>inb4 hang yourself
I won a stupid bet and my friend gave it to me since he had 0 money
its not bad but holy shit not worth the price. The pads, while comfortable they are falling apart because there are too much foam in them. The noise cancelling is not bad but not that important for me
pls help

>-- PLEASE USE THIS FORM TO GET PURCHASE ADVICE --
seriously? please do not promote this as a consumer advice board with this style of posting

>Budget
$50
>Location
Brazil
>Source
Computer.

Full.
>Open or closed
Closed.
>Comfort level
Moderate.
>Preferred tonal balance
>Preferred music
Neutral.
>Past headphones
Superlux HD 681.

Got anything like the XPT100 in your neck of the world?

MDR V6?

No but ordering from amazon/ebay is an option for me. Is it not recommended or what?
is it usable without an amp?

these are one of the few threads that are actually arent mindless shitposting user

I think suggesting that this board doesn't devolve further into Sup Forums and Sup Forums's personal shopping advice on demand blog is considered a constructive post that aids in the betterment of a community

> BR
> 50$
Can you even buy anything with that money? I thought BR monkeys had insane taxes on anything imported

>No but ordering from amazon/ebay is an option for me
That should be fine.

>is it usable without an amp?
I believe so. It's been a while since I last had one and all my sources tend to be pretty powerful (Cowon DAP, Samsung phone or an AVR).

No, I can't.

And I didn't specify the currency.

Are you crazy? This headphone is almost $100.

Yeah but that was one, that costed more then my budget. so....

I don't even understand why you are arguing with me over such a small thing. Like i honestly don't really care that you don't like what i am saying

wireless1.com.au/kingston-hyperx-cloud-core-gaming-headset-khx-hscc-bk-fr

I posted that link above.
You probably pondered for hours on end and I took 5 mins of my time to link you that.
I'm not that user that you were talking to but man you're making Aussies look like shitposters.

This triggers me.

Aussies are shit posters though.

Pondered for hours for what out come?
Was i?

>closed ear equivalent of the hd600
IT"S BEEN ANSWERED Look in the last thread.
The answer is Fostex T40RP
And following in 2nd and 3rd are Beyerdynamic DT250 and Audio Technica MSR7.

Can anyone comment on the K553 Pros?
At $119 on Massdrop, it's not too shabby of a price...

Coming from Sennehiser 558's if that makes a difference. Not necessarily looking for a replacement (I know the 553's are closed) I just want something close back, under $200 that aren't shit.

>Pondered for hours for what out come?
I don't fucking know.
I'm not that user you were talking to hours ago.
>Was i?
Pic related.
You were previously posting too many times long enough.

1) HD558 is cheaper than and it can easily modded into a HD598
2) no reason to tell people that DT880's availability in different impedances is an advantage, when everyone knows that the DT880 600 Ohm is the best model and it's the only DT880 model which is worth buying.
3) K702 doesn't absolutely need an amp more than what a DT880 600 ohm does. K702 can be easily driven thtough cheap amps, unlike the DT880 600 Ohms and more high-end stuff.
4) K702 doesn't lack bass.
5) K612 is missing in the sub-200$ cathegory.
6) HD600 is better and cheaper than the HD650.
This said, the DT770 is V-shaped (lot of bass and treble, recessed mids) whereas HD598 is certainly more neutral. HD598 is open, while DT770 is closed. Do you need isolation from outside noises or do you mean to use headphones in public spaces? If the answer to these questions is no, then you'd better get an open heapdhone. HD598 is good, but I'd recommend either a HD558 or a K612.

That gummage, though.

Own the K550's
I find them kinda boring personally, since they're pretty neutral and dull. I prefer more bassy headphones, but I must admit they're great for watching movies and videogames, so that's where they get the most use from me.
If you like neutral sounding headphones I guess they're okay. Can't go wrong for 120 bucks

Why

Why what? I just came into this thread 30 mins ago. Then I had a browse through. Then I saw this argument between you and this person giving you shit. Then I had a look at any local online stores for that Hyper Cloud headphone.

I have no idea what you're trying to shitpost to me about. I'm also Australian. What the fuck do you want from me?

Soundstage.

It's the effect of having the headphones sound like the music is coming from outside your head, rather than inside it. Wider, deeper, with more distance between instruments. IEM's sound like the music is coming from right inside your head.

The dt770 is a closed headphone with more bass and treble than necessary, so it's used for things like drummers who like to hear that sort of sound because it emphasises their instrument in the recording.

HD598's are neutral, meaning no one frequency is overly emphasised compared to another. This makes them great for things like classical or jazz where you want to hear music how it was intended.

Not to mention the "hd558 is a cheaper 598 lol sennshills" meme.

Your boi pucci

Used HD600 or new K702

Just buy a pair of sennheiser hd201's and a zalman zm-mic1 from pccasegear

there are a little v-shaped but has isolating problems from head to head, for closed they are excelent

Sorry to be picky, but is there one with one cord coming out just one side, not both?

Stax 2170 .

>Budget
about 50€
>Location
Italy
>Source
PC, phone
IEM
>Comfort level
don't really crae unless they make me bleed or something
>Preferred music
Progressive/Power metal
>Past headphones
Sennheiser CX300
Soundmagic e10 just bit the dust

I'm looking to get rid of my old gaming headset which served me well, but I'd really like to upgrade for a better sound quality.
I did some research and I found the Samson SR850C, but I'm a bit worried about the open back part. I never had an open headphone before and I'm afraid the sound leak would be a bit too much.
I'm also looking for a microphone. I heard Modmic are okay but they are expensive. I'd say I have an overall budget of 70€.
If someone can help out, that would be great, thanks.

HyperX Cloud I is the best gaming headset. Get it.

I dont think I want to buy a gaming headset again, I feel like I'm paying too much for low quality. Maybe I'm wrong, and in this case I'll look into it.

HyperX Cloud is badically a rebranded Tascam with detachable mic and mpre accessories. It's a good closed headphone and the mic isn't as bad as mics of other headsets. You couldn't find a headphone and a detachable mic with your budget btw.