>rx480 slightly below a gtx980
>rx470 slightly below a gtx970
>rx460 slightly below a gtx960
>rx450 slightly below a gtx950

Looks like AMD is still playing catch-up with nvidia

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/radeon-rx-480-thermal-tests-leak/#ixzz4CYUEEYma
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

AMD can't even compete anymore, they're releasing new cards that are slower than the last gen Nvidia cards.

None of those RX cards are even released yet. At least wait 5 days before you start shitposting at maximum speed.

>rx490 slightly below a titan x
Where did you get this one?

Baka~~

Who cares. They are 14nm GPUs that can compete in terms of efficiency. But Nvidia doesn't have anything below 450 € in their current gen price range. Even the 1060 and 1060Ti will be overpriced as hell.

I hope their 480 will be a success.

>slightly below
>costs less than half
I see nothing wrong.
Show me where it says RX490 here.

What I meant is to wait for the cards to be benchmarked by the general public, where there will be ample evidence of heat, power draw, performance, etc, rather than just relying on the same few results that we have gotten.

>Fury X 34% faster than a 980

Naw, that's a crock of shit

>rx480
>87 degrees in furmark

3DMark scores or other benchmarks don't equal real time usage especially considering the different APIs for most games and their inherent inefficiencies.

And I tell you the Fury X is not 34% faster than a 980 is, not even a 980Ti is 34% faster.

Hence the entire benchmark is horseshit

Meanwhile, Vega flagship destroys the 1080Ti.

Oh wait, none of these cards are out yet.

Nice thread, retard.

Perfectly fine. Graphics cards can handle upwards of 100C.
My old 8800GT would hit 103C in Clear Sky (before I put an aftermarket cooler on it and the temps dropped to sub 70).

Sub 90C temps are completely fine.

980Ti is worse than Fury X dumbass. Don't tell me you actually believed it was better thanks to those fucking 720p benchmarks Nvidia shills spammed here for months on end...

Lel no, 980Ti is better than the Fury X, and that's the only superior card Nvidia had last gen.

It trades blows at 1080p, a retarded resolution to be using either card at, but gets decimated on 1440p outside of Goyworks games. At 4k there's literally no competition.

No.
Just admit that Nvidia had a superior card in that price bracket.

when does nouveau get fermi reclocking

It's supposed to be only 150w though, but it's hotter than the gtx1080.

Well yea, the chip is 30% smaller, so the heat is much more dense, which is harder to cool. Still furmark hits the cards as hard as it can so I'm not suprised by those temps.

Are we gonna have another episode of "compare reference AMD cards to non-reference Nvidia cards" this gen too?

what about the DX12 meme OP?

That's because AMD used a really shitty reference cooler to get the price down. It really does make the Founder's Edition cards look like premium coolers even though they're still blower style coolers. If you controlled for all variables including the cooler, rx 480 would have lower temperatures than the gtx 1080 under 100% load. Which is to be expected, higher end cards are normally less efficient. What we should be comparing is AMD's high end cards to the 1080 and 1070 (although that could be classified and mid range) and Nvidia mid and low end cards to the rx 480 and below.

It's only fair considering how much AMDrones used the performance of the FE cards to post that Nvidia is finished and bankrupt :^)

The 480 uses 110w max (stock)
It has a shit reference cooler
still averages 70c on load (when it's not in CF in a small case)

>getting ready for 50c full load on a nice dual-fan custom board that allows for 1.7ghz OC getting to 980 Ti stock speeds :P

>maybe just get a Devil 480x2

Honestly feels like the only way Nvidia can compete this gen since Pascal can't overclock for shit.

That's probably intentional. The 970 cannibalized 980 sales because it could overclock to stock 980 performance. There's a ~20% performance gap between the 1070 and the 1080, so Nvidia is clearly afraid of having potential 1080 buyers settle for a 1070 if it could overclock 20% or more.

It gets hotter than a 1080 when you throttle the fan down to 55% and pack 2 of them right next to each other.

Otherwise, it stays at 60c.

I don't think so, Pascal was made to run at high clocks and no small amount of black magic was employed to get it there, however, it's still built on silicon and silicon doesn't respond well to high clocks so I believe this will be a one-time thing for Nvidia and they will go back to sane clocks with Volta.
Pascal can't overclock not because of artificial limitations, but because it's already running at near suicidal clocks for a IC with multiple thousand ALUs

Yeah but skylake is 4ghz

Skylake has around 5-6 times less transistors than GP104 and an incomparably longer pipeline than a GPU

>cards slightly below nvidia performance
>nearly half fucking price
I know where I'm taking my shekels

i dont see how anyone could talk shit to amd rn. rx 480 is half the price of a 980 slightly worse. how is this bad?? am i missing something?

Why did you post a picture of a floor?

Gtx980 is 2 years old.
It's just another r9 290x rebrand.

the 290x to 390x was a rebrand in a way, but it was still an updated die with more shaders and a higher memoryclock

the rx480 is a completely different chip.. completely different process and size. You're just baiting with that shit you nvidicuck

'wait' -- t.amdfag

The shaders remained the same, but it was an updated die, to be more precise a metal layer respin with the memory controller supporting higher frequency memory and all the goodies an matured process brings.
Technically it's a rebrand since the PCIIDs remain the same, but I would call it a rebrand+ since it is faster.

ok? its still a popular card and people still use it. people are now getting signifigantly lower prices for the same power. when 2 companies go head to head, the consumer always wins

The shit posting when the AIB cards hit 1600 MHZ will be glorious

Nvidiots on suicide watch! They have to lie this much just to sleep at night!

Except it won't because it can't

>reference
>crossfire cards
>at 50% fanspeed
>in a benchmark
>no airflow or ambient temperature information
It runs cool as shit from any well-described benchmarks so far.

>it can't
Tell us why.

There is no 490

NO IT DOESN'T
FUCK YOU!

the 1080 has a vapor chamber cooler, the RX 480 is just a hunk of aluminum and it still runs cooler

>480 is basically a 390x, which is a rebranded 290x
>mfw amd is trying to sell me a 4 year old card

>87 degrees is cooler than 85 degrees

YOU HEARD IT HERE FOLKS, AMD REVERSING UNITS OF MEASUREMENT!!!
100 DEGREES c IS FREEZING POINT NOW

On the plus side I remember the 290X being $550 MSRP but much higher in reality. RX 480 is $200 MSRP.

And much higher in reality.

Like 300 euro

Doesn't the RX 480 run under 80 degrees?

1. The gaming benchmarks are not officially out yet.
2. The release drivers have not been tested in public yet.
3. The third party coolers have yet to be tested to know what this GPU is capable of with decent cooling.
4. Nvidiots are salty.

"But muh specula!"

Stop jumping the shark.

72C when OC'd to 1600mhz, yeah.

"AMD Radeon RX 480 Thermal Imaging Test – 71.9C Maximum Temperature:"

wccftech.com/radeon-rx-480-thermal-tests-leak/#ixzz4CYUEEYma

Where's your rumored source? because until June 29th we won't know anything for sure

>wccftech

It's like poetry

no one pointing out to op that the 490 doesnt/wont exist?

The 490 will exist, it'll probably be a beefed up polaris chip with GDDR5X and a wider bus, should be just past the 1080 most likely, it'll be marketed at the true 4k card

>The majority of new cards are roughly the same performance as older cards but at lower price points
It's almost like this happens every generation.

Didn't you read the op? It'll be around 1070/980 ti performance.

>Didn't you read the op? It'll be around 1070/980 ti performance.
Pure speculation. No one knows what the RX490 will be yet, the name has been confirmed though.

>dumb makiposter

he's retarded, it wouldn't make any sense for them to put out a card slower than the 1080 a few months down the line

or ya it might not even exist at all and they'll just come out with the new Crimson Fury cards or something with HBM2 only

>rx480 14% behind a nano
not bad desu

Fuck off, Nvidiot ! Your kind is not welcome around here anymore.

What are the waitfags currently waiting for?
I want to buy an upgrade because my 760 is showing its age, but I don't want to invest much.
I want to use the 480 as a stop gap.

>its
it's

>slightly below a $500 card for $200

awesome

>showing it is age

i like this meme

>R I P Fury Nano

>14% behind a card designed to throttle and has gimped vram
Lel

>performing worse than a 2 year old nvidia and 3 year old AMD

For less than half the price!

If the OC potential with Polaris and Vega is true, then a 490 could beat a 1080 with OC

>price
Holy shit do you not have a job? I'm living off the government and I'm still getting a gtx 1070, how poor do you have to be to stoop as low as a card that can't even outperform the last gens non flagship card.

Rx480 is barely faster than a gtx970/390x, the gtx 1070 is a tiny bit faster than the Titan x.

And then you oc the 1080.

>Holy shit do you not have a job?
Yes, but that doesn't mean I can justify paying exponentially more for slight performance increases.

>that one Firestrike test where they showed the new overclocking tool
>had 1288Mhz at almost 1.2vcore for no reason
>another test showed 1266Mhz running at 1.08vcore

I mean come on now

What is the binn

There's no way binning is going to amount to that kind of a stock VID difference, especially with review sample cards. Add to that the fact that FinFET process design by it's nature gives generally much tighter voltage tolerances within a given target clock speed and what really happened was the people who used the OC tool set arbitrary high voltages for no reason.

>they increased the voltage for overclocking
Gee, you don't say...

>AMD
>gimped vram

No, that's the Nvidia® GTX™ 970™.

>I'm living off the government and I'm still getting a gtx 1070

You can afford a lot of expensive things when you live with your mother and get autismbux.

>time spy comes out
>async compute
>nvidia cucked
can't wait

>Nvidiot collecting autism bux and living off his parents

kek, another pleb living the stereotype

>what is HBM1

>limited because it is new technology
>nvidia manage to gimp gddr5

All of them cost far less too for slightly less power. Oh and even with slightly less they can run ultra at 60 fps on modern games so why do you care? Elitist nvidia fucks

Ah on old drivers not utilizing literally entire features of the card. Add about 30 to 50% to that result and that's what you'll get with the new drivers

>gimped
>card can still access 4gb
>performance scales as it should for a card at that price point

Nice meme.

>system ram accessed before last .5gb vram
the damage control is unreal

All you faggots seriously dont realize the new drivers for the new cards aren't even out yet. Kek

the cards arent even out dumbass

Could be worse, it could be AMD.

Drivers came out 2 or 3 days ago.

>Actually defending Nvidia's memory scam
I wonder who is behind this post

So it's a r9 395?

>I'm living off the government and I'm still getting a gtx 1070,
all this says is that you're bad at managing money and also lazy.

a cuck

He could have saved up for it?

I'm upgrading from my 680 to a 1070 and I've been saving up for a few months, although I do have a job.

I have enough to get 2 gtx 1080s now but I really don't need that performance