MSI has shown us that the ever bulky and oversized gaming setups can be condensed like consoles have been since the...

MSI has shown us that the ever bulky and oversized gaming setups can be condensed like consoles have been since the very beginning.

Despite the price that you will see compared to custom built, if this type of product could become very popular while a custom built tower is relegated to a professional/super enthusiast setup, the economic ability of trashcan/pre-built might be attractive and benefit the consumer with an easy to jump in product plus portability. Mass production will be possible.

Now with the RX 480 and Zen coming soon compact pre-built have an opportunity to become extremely attractive in price while a 1070 could be provided to a more enthusiast option of 1440p resolution.

Nope.

why not

gabe thought of this already

No

Why did it fail

maybe come back with new AMD shit

They're a good way to get console gamers into PC gaming. That's it.

>Apple does it
ITS SHIT!!
>anyone else does it
Wow guys look!

I thought that for propper heat dispersion gaymers cringe at mini itx

I'm considering Origins new AIO but it's an extra £1k~ for delivery which is pretty off putting.

CPUs and GPUs are starting to sip less power these days. As long as you only need 1-2 SSDs and maybe a regular HDD depending on the case, even get by on two ram sticks, and no PCIe expansion slots besides the one for the GPU, then mini ITX is just fine for most scenarios. You can get a water cooler like the H100i for the CPU and use a blower style cooler on the GPU and have no issues with the heat dispersion at all, the only sacrifice you'll have to make is reduced overclocking headroom on the GPU due to using a blower style cooler.

Show me a cheap-ish trashcan case that can fit a good gpu.

steam machines/boxes failed because no one wanted SteamOS

Or just build ITX, so you have small form factor and customizability in one.

Thats not the problem, apple did it wrong, they did an overheating trashcan.

Where i work these are the "workstations" and they always throttle more than 10 times while rendering video let alone rendering in autocad

That's bullshit. Show me one example of it overheating rendering video.

That's a dumb meme those gaymers can suffer with their oversized shit

i could full loop a mini itx no problem. using a bay drive pump/res combo.

here's why i wont.

1. Why do i need such a compact case? is it so i can travel with it easily to something like a lan party? ok then water cooling isn't for you, it's simply to dangerous to be bouncing that thing around filled with fluid. Could it be because you want a small case just because you don't want a big box at your desk? ok just know that working on your PC is going to be a pain in the dick because it will be CRAMED.

just get a small midtower like the corsair 450d and run atx. it's not THAT big and you won't be cursing yourself for trying to shove so much into so little.

I have a Fractal Design Nano S. It's barely smaller than an average micro ATX case, it's not a pain to work in at all. It actually has better cable management options than my old micro ATX case because it's slightly wider than it. I just went with ITX because I want the option to move to something like a Node 202 or other "console killer" cases if I have that desire in the future.

That is tricky actually to find what is a build with proper airflow for the form factor and other stuff, the point is this thread is to show mini builds with full size gpu (like the msi can and not those dumb steam boxes), good ports for extra storage (like USB c on the trashcan) all together with a worry free pre-built.

Sort of like the apple trashcan but not compete shit.

It was already debated that older mac pro's are better than the trashcan one.

Why not just get something like the Skull Canyon NUC and a thunderbolt eGPU enclosure so that it's close to the same size, but your GPU is more upgradable and doesn't have to be limited to laptop tier cooling?

Not cost effective.

Neither are these trashcan form factor PCs. At least the NUC + eGPU appeals to a very specific niche of people who would occasionally want to take the NUC with them places without the eGPU.

I'm surprised it isn't entirely submerged in mineral oil.
Fuck, they even copied the fan. Fuck that.

I mean, trashcan cases.

Mini itx systems

Na, it's still shit.

It's not tricky at all, I built 3 ITX computers in the last year easily

This is about idiot gaymer consumers.

I can see an enthusiast knowing how to build computers and likely not gaming anyway.

>This is about idiot gaymer consumers

You came to the wrong board

This is a discussion of gaming tech to this new frontier along with how the thread evolves of course.

There is no other board that I know of to discuss this.

That's wrong, though. They're only better in terms of expandability without increasing their footprint. Trashcan doesn't overheat.

It does, it really does

It throttles to c2q tier performance.

The gpu's are good but you have to dissable one to keep the other one from throttling

Not everything apple makes is good

And the trash pro is far from good.

Building your own PC is part of the charm

>he doesn't like flaming hot graphics
>he doesn't love the AMD® HouseFirePro™ series GPUs
>he doesn't even grill his graphics the way they're meant to be grilled

I do not want a trashcan PC. I have enough space for a full size ATX case, but if I for some reason wanted less space, I could just build an mITX rig.

The thing with these trashcan computers is that after a few months of use, they have collected a lot of dust in their cooling fins and because of how they are assembled, cleaning is impossible or at least very tedious.

I like to have a computer with great ventilation, parts keep cool and last longer. It's easy to clean. The fans don't need to run so fast, so it's quiet as well.

You fucking dummy