I'll start

Windows is a more human-friendly OS than Linux.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Qj8p-PEwbI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)
archive.is/OBGB1
archive.is/tW6fu
archive.is/2XIvX
archive.is/qLRZx
archive.is/thsGd
archive.is/sz1nt
archive.is/g3QdQ
archive.is/ko469
archive.is/l6pmO
archive.is/zK93U
archive.is/CEvKh
archive.is/vhjwm
archive.is/2jehd
archive.is/KQsBh
archive.is/MB0Yy
youtu.be/5Qj8p-PEwbI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>spying
>human friendly

>human-friendly
Computer illiterate friendly, yes.

Here let me refresh your memory of "inconvenient facts" youtube.com/watch?v=5Qj8p-PEwbI

OSX beats both on usability by a huge margin.

>flat UIs
>usable

There's a reason no one likes Linux. Practically unusable.

Only because they've been trying to sell it as a consumer os for 2 decades, while Linux has been popular as a desktop os for 8 years or so.

Windows
>most software is spyware
>horrible layouts in start menu, literally replaced it with something that made it extremely difficult for users to find their software
>software installation is riddled with heaps of weird steps which will actually put people off installing new software, a reason why most windows computers hardly even have more software than what was installed on it at factory
>metro designs and "ribbons" which most users dont even like (user what happened to my microsoft word)

Linux
>software is categorized in the menu
>literally an "App Store" for users to get new software
>software installs automatically without any user input, or prompts to install driver boosters
>got that word 2003 look

Reminder that if you were to ask 100 people if they know what Linux was, the ones that know about it are the ones that are already running it. The only reason Linux isn't used more often is because Windows comes preinstalled on the users computer. This doesn't make it more user friendly though.

t. summerfag

Theres plenty of desktop environments to choose from, I'm sure you'll find one that takes your fancy

>The only reason Linux isn't used more often is because Windows comes preinstalled on the users computer.
If linux advocates hadn't clung to this comfortable delusion for the last 20 years, linux might have actually made a dent in the market.

>implying companies don't make more money by selling windows on their computers

yeah, it's that and fud and baby duck and satan's fault

anything that keeps you from having to accept that the reason linux did not succeed on the PC is because it is not good

>muh spybot
>muh traumitized by windows 8 and ribbons

seriously path-et-ic. Everyone of those features have won the market, even photoshop is copying ribbons now.

OEMs are paid to put windows on their computers
They would make no money if they put linux on their computers

you're just talking to yourself at this point

my friend, who kinda knows how to use a computer, still managed to click one of those fake download now buttons and screw up her computer.

Nice thread OP. Did your mom make it for you?

>females
>good with computers

I need this mug

thats sexist

Objectively wrong.

RISC is somehow getting more man hours of usage then CISC.

Microsoft is part of NSA's mass surveillance program "PRISM":
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)

Microsoft informs the NSA about bugs before fixing them:
archive.is/OBGB1

Microsoft openly offeres cloud data to support PRISM:
archive.is/tW6fu

Microsoft has backdoored its disk encryption:
archive.is/2XIvX
archive.is/qLRZx

Windows snoops on the users' files, text input, voice input,
location, contacts, calendar records and web browsing history,
even after related settings are turned off:
archive.is/thsGd
archive.is/sz1nt
archive.is/g3QdQ
archive.is/ko469
archive.is/l6pmO
archive.is/zK93U

Micrcrosoft automatically downloads Windows 10 on PCs running
Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 (between 3.5GB and 6GB), even if
users have not opted-in:
archive.is/CEvKh

Windows 10 scans for illegal/pirated software:
archive.is/vhjwm
archive.is/2jehd
archive.is/KQsBh

Microsoft proudly presents surveillance statistics:
archive.is/MB0Yy

> Over 82 billion photos viewed.
> Gamers spent over 4 billion hours playing PC games.
> 44.5 billion minutes/month spent in Microsoft Edge.
> Over 2.5 billion questions asked of Cortana since launch.
> Windows 10 now active on over 200 million devices.

cli is much better than gui in 90% of things

>Windows is a more human-friendly OS than Linux.
Pleb. You have not even tried any.

Linux isn't an OS though...

>available and yet nobody uses it but morons who equate difficulty with accomplishment
>"better"
Sure.

>implying not user friendly
/thread
Winfags gonna hate.

> Visit relatives
> "user where is internet"
> Modem lights are on so it should be the computers fault
> Windows 8.1
> "Well I haven't really used Windows since the XP almost a decade ago but I'll give it a shot"
> What the fuck are these menus where is everything
> cmd.exe
> ipconfig /release
> ipconfig /renew
> Internet works again, I guess the ISP was doing some fuckery

Even on Windows it is easier to use CLI for some things. In hindsight though I should've just told to reboot it.

It really isn't.

lmao do you actually believe that? it reeks of Sup Forums.
most servers are managed CLI-only, surely all server admins are morons, right?
time to go back to Sup Forums now buddy

>4 minute uptime
So apparently not user friendly enough to be actually using.

GUIs change every few years but CLI commands stay mostly the same for decades.

Everyone defending Linux in this thread is special pleading. Remember the last time you had to troubleshoot anything in Linux? If not, then you're not really using it.

Linux vets are firebenders. Winplebs are commoners.
Don't ignore the inconvenient truth op. You child.

>most servers are managed CLI-only
Not even true.

And it's meaningless. A PC isn't a server.

That's a bad thing.

The fact that unix-like systems haven't changed for dick since the 70s is a bad thing.

youtu.be/5Qj8p-PEwbI

I turned my laptop on because I turn it off when not using so the drive locks. I mostly use my tablet for posting. It's my Dell Chromebook 13. I do tones of coding work on it. I btfo the shitty battery life myth and low temperatures. I also have a windows desktop but it bsod once a week. Planning on buying a 6+ core cpu. Zen or broadwell-e. Gonna install opensuse tumbleweed or debian sid and enable setup a gpu passthrough for a windows 8.1 vm.

Aaaaaa.... You do know a server is technically classified as such if it's a computer that provides networked services? Example. I have a old laptop running as a transmission, nfs, ssh, and sftp server. It's not enterprise server hardware but it runs ubuntu server.

No a server is classified as such if it is used as a server. Using a computer as a PC is not using a computer as a server.

It doesn't matter if linux is used on servers, or supercomputers, or embedded systems, or whatever the fuck else. When it comes to general human interface, the command line is 30 years obsolete.

>weeb
That's pretty bad, can't get any wor-
>windows weeb
Well fuck

You also do realize a shell is behind gui interfaces right, doesn't matter what os? How dense are you kid? Go read up what linux, windows, and osx are before you discuss things you have zero clue about.

You are young and naive and suck at b8ing.
>kid thinks he's the next Steve Wozniak

>No a server is classified as such if it is used as a server.
>server is such if used as a server
>server is a server

>You also do realize a shell is behind gui interfaces right
No it actually isn't. A command line shell is a user interface, with no intrinsically deeper connection to a system than a graphical shell. Your computer does not operate through bash commands.

This is why I hate you command line elitists. You think that you have some sort of deeper connection to the computer simply because you're typing things in.

OP is a faggot.

Yeah, dipshit. A computer is a server if it's used as a server, and it's not if it isn't. So things that relate to servers have no relevance to PCs, even if a PC can be used as a server.

macOS is a more human-friendly OS than Windows.

I use a old pc as a Kerbos and FreeIPA server. Are you saying it isn't a server?

Are you actually incapable of fucking reading?

Yes it's a ui. A gui ≠ a ui faggot kill yourself.

ITT:
every loonixfag gets triggered to oblivion by OP's simple fact

I salute you, OP

>OSX
>usable

There's no intrinsic difference between a graphical interface and a command line interface. They're both software abstractions which allow a user to send commands to the computer. The command line replaced punch card readers as a more user friendly computer interface. A command line is not a "deeper" part of the system than a GUI.

Again, this is why I hate you idiots. You are ignorant, and stuck up about it.

is there an intrinsic difference between my dick and balls inside your mom's ass than when they are outside of your mom's ass?

she dm'd me saying she wants me to send some commands deeper into another part of the system where your GUI can't reach.

Man linux users sure are smart and technically minded.

Well, arguing with a dense retard like you is pretty pointless.

You're wrong and I told you why you're wrong. Maybe you should actually try saying why you think you're right.

Oh but sure, that's pointless, because you're so smart why would you ever prove yourself right.

Dipshit.

No shit you cum felching faggot, but at least bashfags understand the difference between userspace and kernelspace.

How is it more human-friendy? You just stated that without backing it up.

I know for a fact that many Windows users can't actually install new programs. I have had to install even alternative browsers because normies just don't even want to learn if it's not their area. This could be a lot easier with Software Center icon on the desktop where you can just browse by category. Just like what Ubuntu has been using for many, many years. It can also update all your programs with one tool which makes PC use a lot simpler. You might actually understand what's going on and it stops being confusing.

For the power users who actually want to dig into the system there's not even any contest. Out of OS X, Windows and Linux, Linux is the only one that's open all the way and there's no wall that would stop you at any point. The only flaw that could even be mentioned is outsider support which has nothing to do with the system but its current popularity. You're only harming the progress by bashing it so the userbase would stay as low as possible.

I'm not the guy you were arguing with.

os x is the best os to exist, on both user-friendliness for new users and productivity for advanced users
aqua is the most feature-rich and 'polished' DE
Quartz is a better WM/Windowing System over X11/Wayland
OS X's UI is unified and the same even for most 3rd party programs because it's been pretty much the same for past 15 years

inb4 shill.webm
inb4 faggot

Yes there is a difference. Why did dos only support standard encoded text :o that's right because graphics are heavy data wise. You keep comparing vnc to ssh.

lol how is that a delusion?

Linux can have the same features in Cinnamon or Gnome or Unity as OS X DE. It also uses a better filesystem instead of the worst one ever invented. There's also no restrictions in software or hardware so it's more capable for advanced users. You don't have to buy your hardware from one single manufacturer to be able to use it, so repairability and range of accessories and qualities are up to your own choosing. There aren't many things on this planet that are more fragile than Apple's charging cables on both phones and laptops, both of which I have personally tested. You should seperate hardware from software to be able to choose the best one from both sections. One would think that Apple shills who usually mention how OS X is Unix would adapt to Unix way of thinking. Things should be seperate and replaceable, not one big package that you need to get fully in order to get some of it.

>Linux can have the same features in Cinnamon or Gnome or Unity as OS X DE
Most, but not all. Does your de have/can it perform:
*Boolean searches
*Built-in text summarizer
*Built-in PDF editing tool
*Full emoji support
*Being able to preview video and audio without external programs
*Being able to screenshot any GUI element with shadows and other decorations
*Creating files by dragging n dropping text
*Such an advanced notification system
*All apps going with one guideline
*All apps supporting high DPI without breaking
*Quickly calculate something by typing it into search
*Built-in dictionary so you could select any word and get definition
>hfs is the worst fs ever invented
when it was invented, it was ok. back then most common alternative (dos's fat12) couldn't even have more than 8 characters in filename.
>There's also no restrictions in software or hardware so it's more capable for advanced users. You don't have to buy your hardware from one single manufacturer to be able to use it, so repairability and range of accessories and qualities are up to your own choosing. There aren't many things on this planet that are more fragile than Apple's charging cables on both phones and laptops, both of which I have personally tested. You should seperate hardware from software to be able to choose the best one from both sections. One would think that Apple shills who usually mention how OS X is Unix would adapt to Unix way of thinking. Things should be seperate and replaceable, not one big package that you need to get fully in order to get some of it.
there are no software restrictions in osx too. even though there are SOME hardware restrictions like no AMD CPUs and most AMD GPU's are unsupported, it can be used on half of computers. IMO apple hardware is meh, but i use OS X on my non-apple computer because it's so good