I think Windows Phone was pretty neat. I used a Lumia 950 for about two years and the live update tiles were cool

I think Windows Phone was pretty neat. I used a Lumia 950 for about two years and the live update tiles were cool.

Shame the app ecosystem never made it out of first gear.

I don't even give a shit about the whole "muh apps" debate. I have the apps I need. What I'm pissed about is I bought this fucking Lumia 1950, and Win10 is still glitch and buggy as all fucking hell. This shit should still be in Beta. Its utter fucking nonsense they put this shit out on the market in goddamn DECEMBER and its almost July of the next motherfucking year and I haven't seen any fucking improvements. I still find the aesthetics and ecosystem a lot more appealing than iShit and Android but once this phone dies on me, I'm just grabbing a fucking Android.

I also like windows phone platform and have no complaint about no-apps meme because I have all the apps I need on my phone. But the fact that Microsoft abandoned this platform pissese me very much.

>950
>2 years
What

That's how you know this is a shillpost, don't forget to sage.

Bump

I love my Lumia 640. It's absolutely perfect.

It's a very bare-bone phone that feels somewhat more professional than my past phones. The tiles are really great and despite the Windows Phone stigma, I'm legitimately surprised the style hasn't been duplicated, it's just such an efficient use of screen space and the live tiles are surprisingly useful most of the time.

That said, more than I few times I've been caught between a rock and hard spot regarding applications. I've chugged on writing it off.

I'm upset it seems like every other month Microsoft is depreciating applications they developed and removing them while leaving no alternative.

I'm already looking into a new device, but I will probably never find one that "hits the spot" like this one.

Lumia 520 user here, been with the platform for quite a while now.

As far as UI and general smoothness, I still think Windows Phone nailed it.
But the apps issue is honestly starting to bother me. I can deal with no Snapchat, but 4charm being left as abandonware really hurts.
I'd like a Discord app as well, but that's unlikely to happen soon.

Typical Ballmer product. Good stuff, but years too late for anyone to care about it

I'm pretty happy with my redmi 3 pro, maybe look into chinkphones?

>I used a Lumia 950 for about two years
No you didn't, Lumia 950 hasn't even been out for a full year yet.

Yeah, that's probably my future. I've already been stalking /csg/ almost religiously.

Funny, what I was seriously looking into was the OnePlus X and the day before I pull the trigger they discontinue it.

Such is life.

HTC 8S user here. Got it with WP8 in 2013. Updated to 8.1 with developers preview. The OS is perfect for less powerful phones, and is really fluid with the occasional "resuming" screen. Battery life is also great. Considering replacing the worn out battery and keeping the phone for another 3 years.

>I'd like a Discord app as well
As a Lumia 950 owner, this is the ONE GODDAMN THING I'm missing on my phone.
And I'm pissed because I know for a fact that it is piss easy for Discord's devs to just port their shitty webapp to any platform. Shit, if they'd just make the website usable on a mobile device that would be more than enough.

I'm really happy with my redmi 3, but I might get the k6000 premium if it doesn't disappoint.

Really looking forward to that

Thanks friend, I'll look into them.

Lumia 830 here.

I ditched my Moto G for this. OS is beautiful, smooth and I never really used normie apps so I'm ok with not having Snapchat for whatever the latest trend is.

You will never realize how lagdroid lags until you pick a similar specced Windows Phone and then you get back to Android. Plus, Material Design is fugly.

didn't know google reverse search is so good

Am I the only 950xl user here whose w10 os glitches all the time? It's stupid shit most od the time, restarts, shutdowns, apps crashing here and there. Fuck BING, Cortana sorta works, the hey cortana functionality is garbage she never responds when I say it, yet ill be sitting online in dead silence and the bitch comes to life for no reason, wtf? No forward button functionality in the browser, wtf? Inability to personalize silly easy shit like, app icon colors? If you want a white background of some sort, good luck with that shit. And it sucks because I enjoy this phone the OS has so much potential but Microsoft just shits inside the code. Also... The fuck is with the speaker popping, anyone else get that?
-Written on my lumia 950xl

ms released phone with beta os

>No forward button functionality in the browser, wtf?
That's because you're blind. "Go forward" has always been in Edge's menu, it just takes two taps to reach it as opposed to one.
Somewhat recently they even added swipe controls for back/forward to Edge in insider previews.

>But the apps issue is honestly starting to bother me. I can deal with no Snapchat, but 4charm being left as abandonware really hurts.

Try Sage Reader, it's better than 4charm