"Bug" in DRM allows user to save videos they paid for

>"Bug" in DRM allows user to save videos they paid for

archive.is/sv7Ea

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>saving a video you paid for to your hard drive is now stealing
Really?
As far as I am concerned this is a feature.

DRM for videos and other non-interactive media is pointless.
You could literally intercept it between computer and screen, then turn that into a copy.
Even for a laptop, just have the program send the data to a recording device instead of your LCD screen.

Try telling Hollywood that. They are so obsessed with piracy they spend more money trying to stop it than they lose from it.

The problem with that is that it still loses a bit of quality in the process since you have to reencode the video. This method is a lot more intuitive apparently which could make it useful for consumers

Intuitive and would result in better quality rips rather.

My dad got a huge screen TV for free from a friend, that I'm pretty sure was $2-3k or more new, because sometimes the HDMI audio would conk out. Turns out it only needed a software update. They are so greedy, they will effectively destroy expensive consumer hardware just to keep people from copying paid-for media that are torrented before release date any fucking way.

>(((Hollywood)))

But you're only paying to stream it. If you really wanted to own your movies you'd buy it on DVD.

>paying to stream videos

>allows user to save videos they paid for
>it's a bug

>But you're only paying to stream it
You don't know how streaming works, summerfriend.

>If you really wanted to own your movies you'd buy it on DVD
>DVD
>2016
So, I don't own the music I purchase and download on Amazon because it's not on a CD?

Amazon lets you download the music because you paid full price for it. Compare that to a streaming music service, where you pay less but don't get to (legally) download it.

Services that make you pay full price for something general let you download it as well. If you pay for Netflix you have access to stream a movie library worth a lot more than what you pay.

>They are so greedy, they will effectively destroy expensive consumer hardware just to keep people from copying paid-for media that are torrented before release date
It doesn't hurt that you have to buy another brand new television.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence

Yeah but if the original source is digital you will lose quality intercepting as you described.

Hdcp

>Muh digital TV transition.
Technology improves, grandpa.

Toshiba also quickly wiped any trace of the update and software off their US website. I was lucky the Canadian one still had it. Bastards.

Now that it works 100% of the time, it's awesome.

>>>But you're only paying to stream it
>You don't know how streaming works, summerfriend.
It doesn't matter. In the eyes of law, you're just buying a license to watch it, not to store it.

>Livshits

This is all pretty pointless when you could just download 1-2GB 720p rips of movies through torrents.

>paying to stream
Nomalfaggots always ruin everything.

Dam it feels like the jews are trying to play catch up with pirates. We've been able to stream torrents since forever.

I still buy DVDs because it's piss easy to watch and break the DRM with free software.

Where do you live, australia? I've been downloading yify movies on my phone for years now. Crazy how dirt cheap microsd cards are getting, got my 128GB one for $28 from amazon.

Nope, US. I just find it easier to get DVDs and watch them than trying to find a good rip that's a decent size. Fuck buying Bluray until the DRM can be broken for every title with free software.

>but don't get to (legally) download it.
streaming is fucking legally downloading it you fucktard, capturing transient bits on a datastream that you are entitled to is not illegal, what you do after you capture it is another story

You ain't BS anyone, a 1080p yify looks way better than a super low res 480p dvd.

Those rips are inferior screen captures. This allows you to grab original video stream.

Nigga those rips are straight from blu-ray. Ever heard of yify?

Where in that post does it say anything about bluray rips?

>Even for a laptop, just have the program send the data to a recording device instead of your LCD screen.

The video can be watermarked before being sent to display.

This only stops pirates, not users who keep the video for their own private use.

Nothing can be done to stop someone from obtaining a pirated movie.

Yes, it does, and that's great. But no one should be forced to purchase this new and supposed improved technology. Legacy support used to be a thing, little Timmy.

>muh IoT devices

legacy support is a fancy way of saying you want to make your life hell on earth 5-10 years down the road.