New Laptop

Started saving for a new laptop, but I'm not sure what to buy, I want it to be good at:
>Gentoo
>Developing GPU intensive programs
>Battery time
>maybe a decent keyboard
>Dota2

I don't want key backlight, and I don't care too much about large amounts of memory, but I wan't the available memory to be fast.

Battery time being one of the most important things I want, I looked at LG Gram, and I think the worst thing about it is the average battery time.

As for price, I'm willing to go up to 2K euros.

Thanks in advance.

Other urls found in this thread:

dell.com/us/business/p/xps-13-9350-laptop-ubuntu/pd?oc=cax13ubuntus2104&model_id=xps-13-9350-laptop-ubuntu
laptopmag.com/reviews/laptops/dell-15-inspiron-3000
youtube.com/watch?v=zSAJ0l4OBHM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Xps 15 with a configuration as high as your money can get you.

Definately going to consider this one, any more ideas?

Wish it didn't come with windows 10 as a must though... I don't want to give microsoft any more of my money.

No more ideas? I want to make an informed decision...

whatveer you get make sure it has retina display. the technology has matured.

Yo Sup Forums I'm deeply sorry for bothering your day with this shit (no kidding), but I'm gonna need laptop advice. I literally only need 3 things:
-Battery time
-CPU power
-maybe some RAM

I strongly prefer laptops with bottleneck GPUs so I won't be able to play games on them. Also not some extremely cheap shit that will stop working in 1.5 years.
Thanks in advance
pic is just to grab your attention

xps 13 has no dedicated gpu and 16gb ram alongside a skylake i7

Yeah well I thought about it but
I may sound like an old retarded freak but I really don't wanna give microsoft money.

Don't understand your complaint with my statement, why would I pay for windows if I don't want to use it? You must concede you would say the same thing if in the same situation...

I aggree with your statement lol, I said but and then quoted your post. Maybe I missed out an 'also'.

As you may have noticed by my comment, it sounded like you were calling me a retarded old freak, glad that got cleared.

You can get xps 13 with ubuntu on it from factory

Wow just saw it thanks dude!

dell.com/us/business/p/xps-13-9350-laptop-ubuntu/pd?oc=cax13ubuntus2104&model_id=xps-13-9350-laptop-ubuntu

Guess this is the best thread to ask.. I just got a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 with the touchpad..

Thought it was a good deal for the price but now I'm looking up reviews and pretty much everything i'm hearing is negative.. only pros are the speakers.

How do I rectify this situation I really dont want to but should I return it and get a new one?

I'm not looking to do anything extensive on it, its just for casual/personal use was thinking of downloading frootyloops or something.

Whats the best apps/extensions I could get and could this laptop run the program autechre uses to maek music? I think its called MAX/MSP or something.

Pardon my ignorance in advance, this is my first computer that isn't shared..

I don't understand, in what way does the computer let you down? If you want to make music, you probably shouldn't use any laptop speaker, but instead get some good headphones.

I've only been using it for the last 12 hours and its only lagged a little here and there, so far so good I guess.

But every review I read makes it seem like I made the worst possible choice in purchasing a decent laptop.

laptopmag.com/reviews/laptops/dell-15-inspiron-3000

Not very familiar with this series, maybe someone else here may help you, although reviews are good before you buy the product, when are using it, you should ignore any review and figure it out for yourself if it does what you want decently. If it's good enough for what you want, keep it, if not, try to return it, it really isn't worth the struggle to try to improve a new laptop's hardware. Try out the sort of programs you see yourself using (fruityloops, for example) , good luck!

I've been through the install on a machine with no name

After two days, in the minimal
My skin began to turn red

After three days, in the gentoo install
I was looking at a river bed

And the story they told, of a system that flowed made me sad to think it was dead

Go on... I'm humming hard

youtube.com/watch?v=zSAJ0l4OBHM

You see I've been through the install on a machine with no name, it felt good to be out of the guide.

In the install, you can remember your name, cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain.

la la, la lalalala laaa

Thinkpad T460/T560 can be configured to have around 100 Watt-hours of battery. Upgradable RAM, too.

After nine days, I installed my DE, cause the system had turned to glee! There were disks, and clocks, and docks and things there was sand and mills and rain!

The Gentoo install is a system with it's configs underground and the CLI above.

Under the command line, lies a system made of sound. But the humans would give no love.

You see I've been through the install on a machine with no name. It felt good to be out of the guide.

In the install, you can remember your name, cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain.