>2016
>Next Generation GPU
>Still has shit DVI Port

Why?

Why not? There's room for it

Who cares

its called legacy support. your shitty windows os is all about it.

No DVI port is the reason why I will not buy a 480 unless theres any aftermarket cards with a DVI port on

my gook monitor requires it

It doesn't hurt. There will be custom models without them.

At least its better then older HDMI, or god forbid fucking VGA.

>tfw it's surprisingly hard to find a decent DP cable and you're really only left with DVI
Even though my monitor supports DP I use DVI because it's stupid difficult to find a good DP cable.

Can't wait until the updated HDMI spec is more mainstream.

Cheap korean 144 panels.

>it's stupid difficult to find a good DP cable

No it isn't. There are fucking thousands of listings for them on eBay.

get an adapter you absolute retard they put HDMI on there for you poorfags already stop trying to shit up good cards

because poor people are still on 1080p

And none of those thousands of listings are vesa compliant.

buy a decent monitor and the cable it comes with will be

yeah, let me just buy a £60 DP to active DVI adapter, which won't even be able to guarantee reaching a 1440p 120hz overclock on my monitor like DVI does

tech illiterate cunt

you need dvi for 144hz monitor

>source: my ass

I was surprised to see it didn't come with a dvi port.
The thing's practically made for 1080p.

dvi is also what my monitor uses so I'm a tad annoyed.
I actually recently got a new dvi cord to replace the cord I was using, a dvi to hdmi cable, because the hdmi connector was shitty and dying.
I think it was hdmi anyway, they keep changing these ports for god only knows why when 1080p is still the standard.

>calls somebody else tech illiterate
>buys a garbage korean panel with 5 dead pixel guarantee ft. backlight bleed for centuries
end your life you pathetic fuck

HDMI can only support 120Hz

Displayport.

has minimal backlight bleed and no dead pixels actually :^)

but seeing as you didn't realise how difficult it can be to get an adapter for DP to DVI for any resolution above 1080p you're still the tech illiterate cunt

Nah, a lot of monitors don't come with cables any more. Or if they do it's an HDMI instead of a DP. I agree with him. You can find cheap DP cables yet but not really high quality ones.

virtually every aftermarket 480 will have DVI. Even the reference board has the pin outs ready. The reference card just doesn't have the output wired up because they wanted more displayports to fit

fuck you my monitor was VGA until 2014 and now my new monitor's connector is already obsolete

You are a dumb fucking nigger.

Is it somehow a problem? From what I can tell on the picture, it has two Displayports and one HDMI, so it doesn't seem to me that it's somehow lacking in connectivity or sacrificing valuable space for it.

Why are you buying good graphis cards if yo uare going to have a shitty monitor anyways? What good is rendering and good image if you are going to display it on shit.

considering the fact that i'm not poor and autistic like you i actually have monitors with displayport

i'm also not underaged and from Sup Forums so i don't fall for the 120/144hz meme

my monitor's image quality is pretty good
and i'm mostly buying it so i can CUDA-accelerate faster

>accuses others of being underage from Sup Forums when you, yourself, buy graphics cards for muh gaymes

>when you, yourself, buy graphics cards for muh gaymes
you can imply things all you want kiddo, back to Sup Forums you go

nah I'm alright, i'd rather stay on Sup Forums and argue with tech illiterate spergs like yourself

>keeps projecting his tech illiteracy
i mean you came to this thread because you were angry about your high tech illiteracy and why companies aren't catering to your bullshit after all

why are you Sup Forumsirgins so cancerous

Not him but calling 120/144 Hz a meme and then calling someone else tech illiterate pretty much means you have trash opinions.

>high refresh rates are only good for gayming
End yourself, my man.

>he wasn't aware about the resolution limits with many passive and active DP to DVI adapters and the cost involved in those that support higher resolutions and refresh rates

nah you don't know what you're talking about and can't admit it because you were so smug and got btfo'd and had to move the goalposts

i get the sense you're rather angry given the tone of all your responses, why don't you take some deep breathes user?

literally name one other function for them

>"muh static desktop looks '''''smoother''''''"
yeah no fuck off retard

>being poor

Well they certainly aren't any use for spreadsheet editing.

>being tech illiterate and posting on a technology board

>continuously projecting your tech illiteracy
next you're going to tell me you use 'GNU/Linux'

>trying to deflect the fact you don't know what you're talking about as proven earlier

kek

Why did you put "smoother" in quotes though? That is the reason. Maybe your eyesight is just terrible, or perhaps you have been disappointed so many times in your life that you just have very low expectations for everything, including your computer monitors.

Jesus Christ I can't even fathom how poor you must be to still be stuck on 60 Hz. Pic related, it's the year you're stuck in.

thanks for exposing just how retarded you are

why are you even trying anymore Sup Forums

>can't find a good cable
>buy a monitor instead
What a shitty response. Never change, Sup Forums.

Fuck legacy-anything. Fuck ps/2 ports. Fuck dvi. Fuck vga. Fuck ide. Fuck these ugly looking connectors that only 0.0001% of the 1st world population still uses. I don't want to see that shit on a product released in the year of our Lord 2016.

>thanks for exposing just how retarded you are
The only thing that has been exposed in this thread is how tech illiterate and financially bankrupt you are. Have another smiling black man.

>watches films at 24fps

should have bought a good monitor in the first place

>bankrupt
>says the poorfag with an a-panel
kek talk to me when you can even afford a first grade monitor and not something taken from the dumpster out back of samsung/lg's manufacturing plants

I'm sorry that every single intelligent person uses DVI and doesn't subscribe to your next-generation bullshit.

No one in their right mind would even buy such a fucking insanely fuckhuge, overpowered, overheating, overpriced pile of shit GPU anyway. If you think your so-called "games" that need such insane power are any good, please stop playing anything 1995 and after and just play old games for a few years to see how gaming should be.

>I'm sorry that every single intelligent person uses DVI
t. autist living in parents basement who can't afford a monitor that was manufactured after 2010 ie has displayport

I'm not the Korean monitor guy. Just someone that knows that 144 is more than 60 and more is always better. :^)

nice meme Sup Forums, your smiley with a carat nose is simply eric

What modern graphics card still runs vga??

>it's stupid difficult to find a good DP cable.

Is it?

My screen occasionally goes black and I suspect it's the cable.
I tried 3 cables already, should I try more?

Because most people are idiots and spend more on their GPU than their monitor. Poorfag monitors all come with DVI ports.

Make sure the cable isn't loose. If not, could be something faulty on the monitor or GPU. Worth trying another connection if one is available to you.

Never before have I seen somebody so obviously from Sup Forums and ashamed of it

Because I'm still using a vga monitor and need to use the DVI adapter for it to work.

>. Fuck ps/2 ports
Suck me off

Nobody cares about your mind. The port is not here to be pretty but to work well. People are still using this port and I still use this port. Now stop being mad and use the other port if you prefer.

DP to DVI adapters are like $10 if you're just running 1080pleb. I bet one will be included in the box even.

Already tried everything: 3 different laptops, 2 different screens (same model).

It's either a production flaw with the screens, a bug in Arch Linux, or the cables.

So my question is: how common is it for DP cables to be unreliable at 2560x1440x60?

>dvi
>more than 60hz on 1440p
Looks like you're dumber than that other guy.

>a bug in Arch Linux

I think this is where you should start.

the bigger issues are
> DVI but dropping the analog/VGA pins
> still using SLI fingers and bridges despite PCIe having ridiculously higher (and nearly all unused) bandwidth

HDMI is DRM-burdened nonfree cancer.

Displayport is superior but failed to gain any support.

DVI is what's left, and it works just fucking fine.

Any card with DVI-I ports have VGA outputs, you only need a DVI->VGA converter

My monitor doesn't support HDMI, so I use a DVI to VGA converter for my GPU.

>still using SLI fingers and bridges despite PCIe having ridiculously higher (and nearly all unused) bandwidth

Its why those new high bandwdith sli bridges are a total scam - they really are two of the old ones bolted together because Nvidia hasn't touched the technology in years and its holding back multi card setups.

AMD at the very least has gone bridgeless which has quite a few advantages (at the very least you don't need to buy more bridges if you add more cards into the system).

why? my1440p 100hz ips works fine with hdmi to dvi adapter. its basicly the exact same thing as a dvi

Backwards compatibility

You'll be thankful if you ever work in tech

>DVI
>Legacy

>mechfag detected

> Literal butthole eyes
Every time. Every fucking time.

the big problem is that bridged SLI barely has enough bandwidth to get the job done.

At anything less than the full output bandwidth (~3.5 GB/s for DP 1.3/1.4), you start adding frame latency even if there is cut-through switching of the frame to the display, and at less than half the display bandwidth, you are actively bottlenecking frame delivery rates.

Nvidia axed 3-/4-way SLI since using only 1 physical link per connection would cripple UHD@>60Hz displays and using 4 sets of fingers per card would just get them ridiculed for their tech being more obviously garbage.

>more choices? BAWWWWWWWW!!!

DVI is still superior to wayland, why should I abandon it?

There is nothing inherently special stopping Nvidia making their equivalent to XDMA but they aren't going to do so because that involves effort and fuck that. If they ever release a pascal titan with 1/2 DP things could get very interesting for those that buy said titan as a quadro lite.

Hell crossfire has improved leaps and bounds since AMD went bridgless - when it works it is generally superior to sli these days.

Get an iPad if you want a computer that looks Aesthetic.

>what is DVI-I

Still the best way to connect a Korean monitor.

>dvi
>not legacy

Shit IS legacy and we should only be producing monitors with DP or HDMI at this point.

>tfw d-dvi monitor

Used DVi for years, just recently switched to DP for AMD Freesync :^)

DP didnt work for me. DVI-I werks fine

To output 1080p content at 144Hz, you typically use a dual link DVI-D cable or DisplayPort cable. You can also use a HDMI 1.3 or higher cable.

It's an okay cable, I don't see why not

nah

That pic needs updating with the 480 shelves overflowing with stock while the 1070 remains barren.

I appreciate it a lot. I have a Cintiq tablet that's a few years old and uses that port. Maybe people like using things they already own and don't want to buy all new stuff because their new computer only has "display ports" whatever the fuck those are.

Get laid/life.

>Wangblows video gamer whining about legacy support

all right then how bout that cognitive dissonance

i honestly am wondering the same thing, it's a complete waste

there should only be hdmi, and maybe vga if necessary

thunderbolt with usb-C connector is the future
HDMI and DP are last gen

Just get a 5 dollar dell or other oem cable on ebay. I have two and they work fine.

>USB-c
>viable alternative to DP

So the rx 480 wont initially have DVI support.
I have a 144hz benq with only hdmi, VGA and DVI but no DP. Will there be a custom 480 model with DVI? Will a cheap passive DP -> DVI adapter support 144hz or should I get a) an active converter b) a new monitor?

>next gen
>gddr5
literally lmaoing at ur life m8

Because a good monitor with a DVI input will outlive several generations of graphic cards, including this one and probably the next 2-3

mine are at least 7 years old by now