I need a standing desk. Are there any around the $100 price range...

I need a standing desk. Are there any around the $100 price range? The best ones I've seen are close to $700 and there is no way I'm paying that much. Pls help.

Other urls found in this thread:

ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S49084965/
ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30299485/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>be manlet
>buy a normal desk
>?¿?
>profit

Standing desk are for autist who don't exercise at all.

Stupid as hell and I'm not kidding, every person that does this shit at my work is either hated or loved. Its weird and the people that do it are weird.

Just buy a table top from ikea or whatever and find legs long enough for you to do the autism stand

>standing desk
You fell for a meme m8, standing does nothing for your back. You're much better off just buying a ergonomic chair.

it does for your (future) hemorrhoids though. Delaying the inevitable.

>mfw every single co-worker that doesn't our standing desks is a fat piece of shit
>mfw all the fit people are standing

Standing at your desk is great. Keeps you more awake and productive, and if you have shit chairs at work, like most jobs do, then standing is better

Unless you're weak and your core can't handle it, in which case I don't even know how you can keep on living.

No m8, it does absolutely nothing if you actually exercise or even do something for fitness in general. If you want to do something for your back, start excercising.

I exercise, but I also sit a shit ton. At least 70% of my day is spent sitting. There has to be some sort of health consequence.

Or am I truly being memed?

This. Staying still is the problem.

Humans are designed to be active.

Stack 2 $50 desks

You can make one yourself if you are handy at all. Wood counter tops are dirt cheap and make a nice desk surface.

YOU are the meme son.

Having a standing desk is fit-shaming against the co-workers who do not. Those who perpetuate the "Standing Culture" use their increased height to physically assert their superiority. I would not feel safe among these people.

>have to sleep and be completely unconscious, immobile, and lying down 1/3-1/4 of the day
>designed to be active
lel

>I need a standing desk.
No you don't stop being retarded.

>killing your feet is better!

well go ahead

ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S49084965/
ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30299485/

I'm 23 and I have SI joint dysfunction. Standing desks aren't a fucking meme.

> 1/3-1/4 of the day
Not 11/12th of the day.

>>killing your feet
lmao

Maybe if you're morbidly obese. But then it's not the standing that is your issue.

Why would you use a standing desk?
Sitting still is the WORST thing to do.

>100 bucks for a desk
You're kidding, right ?

buy a normal desk and sit it up on cinderblocks

I use a standing desk at work and I can confirm it's not a meme, but only if you get one that allows you to alternate between standing and sitting whenever you like. I exercise regularly, but when I started working an 8 hour a day office job all the sitting really fucked my back.Alternating between sitting and standing is great, but standing for more than half an hour gets fatiguing and your posture starts to go. I've read things about how purely standing desks are worse than purely sitting desks and i'm inclined to agree.

Build your own. Its simple as fuck.

Be a man and build you're own.

your. Fuck.

>someone that actually wants to have varicose veins in his legs
wtf nigga...
>$700 for a desk
you wah!
>any around the $100 price range?
get some wood, srews/nails, sanding paper, stain, and varnish from harbor freight (or equivalent shitting place in your country) and make one yourself

Two stacks of breeze-blocks and an old door.

>buy normal desk
>buy enough cinderblocks
>???
>profit

buy wood, borrow tools and make one

that's not true, but if you want to think that, enjoy your progressive muscle weakness unless you exercise 4 hours a day after work

the only drawback of prolonged stance is it can lead to eventual venous system wear and tear

MEME
E
M
E

hey, user, take a piece of rubber about 6x6

fix the margins between two tables

place a 10 pound lead ball in the middle of the rubber

wait 4 hours -- what do you notice

now do this for 30 days -- then what do you notice

good luck with your post elastic failure zone, unremediated by exercise after the fact

the issues is you are not moving, same with sitting, if you don't move you have health issues.

but standing sounds like it would be so much healthier than sitting, so a bunch of people are able to sell a 'standing' desk at a retardedly high mark up.

>Imblyign I don't excersize
My chairs and bed are comfy, user.
My floors are not as comfy.
Plus, the bed is perfect for shitposting and cuddles~
:3

You know what they called standing desks before there were idiots out there paying absolute fortunes for them because they became a meme? Workbenches.

$140 at lowes, you can even buy them full stainless steel, there's workbenches for all tastes.

$150 at lowes

i prefer the old school ones myself let me see if i find one

Do you have literal brain damage

lotus position is the healthiest for being at a computer for an extended period of time

yOU NEED A DESK FOR A PC desktop when you could buy a laptop!
You're a moron!

Fuck off. A neutral body position is best and that's achieved by sitting in a recliner.

this is the old fashioned kind i like. i found it on ebay, they want $89. but you can probably buy these just about anywhere, they're sturdy. the only problem is you can't adjust these. and then again why would you? you have to figure out what works for you, do you really have to have a convertible space? My guess is you will always have a surface desk or table of some sort or another to do your work in. and if you're using a laptop then you could easily transition between the two. with a desktop it becomes more difficult, you'll have to invest in a KVM or have two seperate computers. Even with convertible desks you'd have to spend money on cabling to account for the adjustable height so there will always be costs with converting from one solution to another.

just looked on mcmaster and carr, they have adjustable height workbenches for $120 or higher. theres tons of options out there, but if you look for "standing desk" you'll have meme pricing

underrated post

you could always build one too

>Keeps you more awake and productiv
You Americans with your utilitarian shittier philosophy and motivational gobbledegook

Any normal person just works less, exercises and stays healthy. Not a merifat: he'll stand 12 hours a day in front of a fucking computer for muh productivity than wake up the next day and do same shit.

You people disgust me and I'm a curry nigger

>that fucking dell case
is that pic from 2002

Not op but buying the first one right now... Thanks user!