How long until we get 4k anime?

How long until we get 4k anime?

Kill yourself

most anime aren't even 1080 yet and you think we're getting 4k anytime soon? LOL

We don't even have 1080p anime. Isn't Nyarko S2 still the only native 1080 TV anime, or did some more come out in the last couple years? I know Kyoani do their shows at 900p which is pretty close.

Hopefully never.
It's already obvious at 720p how sloppy animation quality is at the neckbreak speed nippon churns them out, even for the higher budget series.

Any 4K anime will just be remasters of older movies which were done with cell animation.

Nothing today will ever benefit from >720p unless it is a high budget film.

Why cant those sneaky Japs into technology?

>watching code gay ass

Hey, geass sundays were lit desu senpai

Is that Yu gi Oh X?

>hey, you know what our busy, deadline weeks producing low budget animation need?
>more detail so we have to work even harder to try and hide how shit and rushed our animation actually is!
There's a reason there are BD releases and OVAs usually look so much more crisp than TV anime.

this

Animator here, literally kill yourself right now. We're already working ourselves to the bone with 720p frames.

I think Anime is 810p at like 24 fps

More importantly, when do we get 4k anime feet?

We'd need the slave driving of A-1 and the convenience of KyoAni until they have the capability to do such a thing.

I've went to japan

They have important stuff in up to 8k, like news or stuff.

Anime is in 720p or SD idk.

>important stuff
>news or stuff

that is not important, what is important is anime and JAVs, give me those 4K pixelated vaginas.

This.
Nyarlko S2 was beautiful though, for the most part. There were a few cases where they clearly cropped from a 1080p source scene which lost detail.

I'm fairly sure the jump to 4k would be mostly held back by the CGI departments. For the general animation parts it just means scanning in key frames and tweening at higher resolutions.
Or they could just upscale to 4k.

No, it's Death Note

>cropped from a 1080p source
Haven't watched S2 yet, but I hate that. They do that all the time for zooms and pan n scans.

I don't understand why people want animation in 4K.

You're not going to gain any additional detail because anime is already churned out as cheaply as possible.
You're gonna have crisply rendered swarths of mostly empty colors.

yeah this. with cinematography you gain more detail simply by increasing the resolution but with animation you'd have to fill that additional space with something making each frame even more expensive.

>recognising some Vietnamese children's comic

Not anytime soon.
Until anime becomes Full 1080p with all the detail there all you're going to get is upscalled crap.
Hey maybe if Sony gets their act together and finally decides to restart releasing anime you're going to get something to look at.

Yeah, it's a cheap out and resulted in a bunch of aliasing in a couple of Nyarlko episodes in particular.

But the good scenes had beautiful lines.

If you watch the 1080p Nyarlko S2 BD rips then you might understand why we would want 4k anime.

While you could technically watch the 720p version and upscale to within indecernable difference from the 1080p, the reason it looks as good as it does is because of the 1080 process in house.

No, its Naruto

I'm personally hoping the industry pivots away from cheap TV anime to high-quality crowdfunded OVAs… a second golden age of the OVA, except this time the market is 100x larger thanks to global online delivery.