AMD RX 480 Hits US Stores, Supply 25x Larger Than GTX 1080 At Launch

>AMD RX 480 Hits US Stores, Supply 25x Larger Than GTX 1080 At Launch

As an Nvidia fanboy this pisses me right the fuck off. I still have to get a 1080 and I haven't even seen it anyway for sale at MSRP.

What the fuck were you thinking Nvidia with this paper launch instead of a real launch.

Other urls found in this thread:

semiaccurate.com/2016/06/24/serious-manufacturing-problem-hits-nvidia-consumer-gpus/
videocardz.com/61434/amd-radeon-rx-480-3dmark-analysis
youtube.com/watch?v=bNCfn4y8dBw
youtube.com/watch?v=p_2_iCCesxI
videocardz.com/61456/video-presentation-of-radeon-rx-480-running-in-crossfire-leaked
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487246
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

AMD stepping up their game.

Aggro push from them

You know why there's always tons of stock of AMD cards? Because nobody fucking wants them. Nvidia cards are rarer than unicorn shit at launch because everybody wants one, because they actually push performance boundaries instead of being shitty rebrands.

why do you have to get a 1080

do you have some fancy monitor or something

A popular launch is not a paper launch. The hardware is out there, you're just too slow.

The price won't be a problem, since there won't be any cards to buy the next months:
semiaccurate.com/2016/06/24/serious-manufacturing-problem-hits-nvidia-consumer-gpus/

I thought it came out next week.

Microcenter only got 4 1080's in comparison they got 100 480's. Nothing to do with demand. Everything to do with Jewvia deliberately limiting supply to keep prices high. Take that Nvidiot shill.

this

fucking AYYMDead and their AMDrones shills

>when you have such good engineering and fabs you get good yields
>when you don't have jews running your company choking the supply

Source?

>Because nobody fucking wants them
lol
Not in my country, everyone is AMD here.

Nvidia doesn't make a dime when retailers charge more. It's not in their interest at all to have low supply. The price they charge retailers doesn't change, they just sell less.

Please use a sliver of critical thinking.

No.... The problem is nvidia creates the demand by not stocking properly. This time it may come to bite them in the ass, only time will tell tho. If a store gets 4 nvidia cards and sells out but gets 100 AMD cards and has 20 left, doesn't mean nvidia is more popular

480 being a cheap mid range card will have more demand though so I wouldn't hold my breath.

link an image or pastebin

isnt 1080 just a maxwell rebrand?

wait wat. we cant buy them yet, of course there are going to be loads of them left. are u fuckin stupid or somethin?

if in some bizarre definition of "rebrand" you count architectural changes and a die shrink as rebrands then sure.

>Paying 600 for a 1070 that has 25x in stock then an RX480

jewVidia is just creating artificial scarcity on their shit gpus.

Please explain exactly how it benefits Nvidia to have low supply of Pascal cards. Keep in mind that they get the same amount of money per unit from manufacturers either way.

for one

>it create Hype
>it makes people think a product is worth more the it is to buy
>it allows vendors to pricegouge with their FE shit

if you ever took marketing 101 you would understand

>architectural changes
name them

>source
>wftech

Go to trash!

SAGE, HIDE AND REPORTED!

Cant fucking wait to head to microcenter on the 29th and get my 480. Even convinced one of my coworker to get a 480 instead of a 1070.

>nshitdia
>asynchronous compute

what is with people claiming the only way to get a 1070/80 is above MSRP?
FE 1070's are in stock on newegg and others have been getting sporadic stock for the last week

who the fuck pays over MSRP for something like this, are you so impatient/stupid that you can't either wait for regular stock to come in or watch websites for when they do come in stock

>shilling irl

lel

He was a bit burned out that his 760 had gone to shit while my 270 keeps running just fine.

nowinstock.com

>shitposting this hard
>not keeping up with the news
>not looking at the patent for 4th gen GCN describing variable size SIMD lanes and numerous scalar elements

Why don't you just hang yourself or something?

>bitch about how nvidia gpu is too rare
>continue shilling nvidia to keep prices up instead of getting everyone else to buy a 480 so you can get a 1080 yourself when no one is looking
You dun goofed shill.

Add their stockpiling for their release with their price and they're gonna shit on nvidya.
This one is made for the average consumer, not the kind that have disposable money to throw away on a specialty card for use with specialty monitors.

[$.50 has been deposited into your account]

Anyone can mass produce a piece of shit.

Just ask yourself why? Who else could need VR-Ready GPUs?

>Anyone can mass produce a piece of shit.

Which explains why there are so many 970s out there

jesus christ i'm surrounded by morons

Welcome to the Internet of 2016 buddy

some nvidia shill told me rx 480 will have no stock
>mfw now

Ok someone help me figure something out real quick..

I'm not much of a gamer, the last triple A game that I've played was BF3 and I played that on High settings with a GTX 570 with 1GB of VRAM

I'll buy a 480 but should I really cough up the $30 for 8GB of VRAM; why do they need so much VRAM nowadays?

8GB is more futureproof

People like textures that aren't blurry.

How much Watt should I need for a 480? I only have a power supply at 430. Should I upgrade?

should be fine

no the 480 uses around 100W, unless you will overclock it

But BF3's textures weren't blurry
Then again I'm 1440p now not 1080p

If its sold out everywhere it makes it feel like everyone owns one and you want to be part of the in crowd right?

>i have no idea what im talking about so ill just use ad hominem attacks!
Great argument.

That's true for every third world country. It's the same in my country, but almost no one buys new graphic cards.

If it really cannot hit more than ~1350 Mhz it will be slower than a properly overclocked GTX 970.

videocardz.com/61434/amd-radeon-rx-480-3dmark-analysis

Between 390X and 980 like the initial leaks said

the people who are talented artists and can work within a small texture size and pull something amazing off are dieing off in favor of high resolution (not necessarily better) textures

I would personally rather have a well made 256x256 than a meh 4048x4048 but no, we are moving toward "its high resolution" rather than its a well made texture.

games are going of 4gb right now, and personally my normal system vram use is around 1gb, so i'm getting a 8gb just to alleviate a bottleneck.

its not just high resolution, developers are now using more texture maps because of things like PBR and IBL, so you need more memory anyway even if you're doing your textures at a modest size

I guess I'll spring for the 8GB one aswell

THEY DO NOW THANKS TO FOUNDERS EDITION SOLD DIRECTLY BY THEM!! THAT WAS THE POINT OF THE FOUNDER EDITION THEY WANTED TO BE A DIRECT SELLER YOU FUCKING RETARD>>>> GO CHECK NVIDIA DIRECTLY SELL THEIR PRODUCT NOW

texture size is the one that's most noticeable to everyone who looks at it, the thing is, a well made 256x256 texture looks amazing at 256x256

a 4048x4048 looks like hell when a computer down scales it even a small amount.

the only aspect of a game i refuse to turn down if given any option is the textures.

>14% extra performance from 8% core, 10% mem overclock

Nvidia has been selling cards since fermi dude.

youtube.com/watch?v=bNCfn4y8dBw

Unlike the previous release they only produced the initial batch.
Now Founders edition will be sold all generation long.

idk my man sounds like you're just used to the high resolution textures of today

i get what you're saying, but its not too realistic to expect devs to have completely different "low" and "high" resolution texture sets if its not a trivial matter to get it set up.

youtube.com/watch?v=p_2_iCCesxI

Shit PCB btw

Not having been interested in gaming so excuse my ignorance.

1080 Nvidia == $600
480 Radeon == $200

Two last digits tell the relative power within generation and the first ones tell the generation. A change in generation level usually causes a jump in price and performance.

>10 / 4 == 2.5
>600 / 200 = 3

This implies that Nvidia has worse performance to dollar value although better overall performance. Could someone check the math?

that looks about right man

seems like some good goddamn scaling to me

this guy gets it

that said, some tards will still be more convinced by "srry m8 we're sold out of 1080s"

>oman look at this m8 the 1070s are all sold out they must be crazy good if they're all sold out already amirite m8?
Turns out there were only ever 2 in stock.

When does the nda ban lift?

AHAHAHAHAHA NVIDIA MUST LIMIT STOCK TO MAKE IT LOOK GOOD, BUT THE AMD is UNLEASHED

29th

>>isn't 1080 just a maxwell rebrand
>responds with radeon image
are you literally retarded?

>sage
k
>reported
gotcha
>hide
>>>/tumblr/

The fact that anybody would defend Nvidia after they put a $100 premium on the good guy edition of their cards is a total joke. They could have included a game or something but no, they just tacked on $100 and all the nvidiot fan boys rushed out to get the newest cards

I might just go with the rx480. I want a 1080 but I think my cpu might bottleneck it. My i7 2600k is almost five and half years old. 480 would definitely be the cheaper route.

Nvidia does the artificial scarcity meme

That, and, Nvidia doesn't offer any cards for under $400 in the current gen, except for the crappy blower coolers that are basically FE remixed. $400 is simply too much for some people.

Same can be said about polaris 10 you fucking fool.

Curious, why do you HAVE to get a GTX1080 right now?

How else am I going to play skyrim with mods?

That's just the way it is in the video card world. Value has always been AMDs forte and Nvidia is all about power.

Too much money and I'm bored of my Fury X. Six figure income lets me be pretty stupid with my money.

>AMD right now.

I honestly prefer devs to work in smaller texture sizes, i mean look at skyrim when a modder uv'd the thing correct they looked better then the high res textures.

the high res textures dont matter, i just don't want computer scaled down textures, because computer scale them like ass.

>he fell for the nvidia meme

wanna hear a funny thing? 1080 and 1070 got to russia with ample supply. They even do not cost that much, 1070 has price of 390x.

>1070 has price of 390x
HOW?
O
W?

I own a 1080 and I think NVIDIA's tactics are fucking shameful, on par with the shit Nintendo has pulled since the 80's of shipping next to no units and using this as "SEE, WE ARE SELLING OUT AND POPULAR!" Same shit that VR is going through right now as well. And good on AMD for taking advantage of the situation and not jewing supply.

Honestly, if it wasn't for a glitch in Newegg's ordering system I probably would have not gotten a 1080 until must later, or gotten something else.

in one word corruption

customs is a shit fest, taxes are retarded a lot of things in grey area so as a result gigabyte g1 1070 costs exactly the same as sapphire 390x nitro

I'd buy it if it was 490 right now, don't want to do anything with nvidia after going though 560->770->390

480 running in crossfire

videocardz.com/61456/video-presentation-of-radeon-rx-480-running-in-crossfire-leaked

next gen housefire coming soon

>That voltage

I hope this is not real for AMD shills sake, we don't want mass suicides.

Price doesn't scale linear with performance, obviously you are going to get better performance per dollar in lower price brackets, this is true for pretty much every product.

That doesn't change the fact that some people are willing to pay extra to get a high end performing card

They can have a supply of a million of them, it doesn't matter, a turd is still a turd

I've seen hawaii run at that sort of voltage so unless AMD has left the default voltage high and clocks low to allow for OC headroom it makes little sense.

probably is. high voltages relative to die size would explain why the PCB has so many power phases.

>What the fuck were you thinking Nvidia with this paper launch instead of a real launch.
They were thinking that it's better than waiting for the supply of GDDR5X memory to catch up with demand for the 1080 because otherwise they'd run the risk of letting AMD announce Vega first and get the spotlight at the high end. Not defending that, but it's probably why.

Also, some of the 1080s are close to MSRP. newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487246 is $620. 1080s with blower coolers will probably come it at $599 soon enough.

It also makes people impatient enough to buy a competitors card. 1070 customers might settle for a 480 (or two in crossfire) if supply is so low.

>What the fuck were you thinking Nvidia with this paper launch instead of a real launch.

how is it a paper launch? thousands of 1080s have been sold, a paper launch usually implies that you sell nothing for a few weeks/months and only send some early samples to reviewers (like the fury x was).

No sane person would opt for a CF setup

Some GTX1070 are already pretty close to the $379 MSRP too, I saw a gigabyte 1070 for $390 the other day on newegg.