Just doing random internet things

>just doing random internet things
>f.lux slowly turns on
>mfw

Does this ever happen to you?

No because I don't have broken eyes that require autistic bloat on my PC.

Wew
You sure showed him

Why don't you have the transition speed set to slow?

Hey, buddy, I think you've got the wrong board. Sup Forums's two blocks down.

Redshift by default has a very slow transition time.

You should stop using proprietary software like that shit.

If you have f.lux set up correctly ( read : not retardedly ), you will never notice it turning on

just buy some gunnars retard

That software is bullshit, it does nothing.

Well, enjoy your messed up circadian rhythm.

Use it for a while and then turn it off in the middle of the night

>playing online game
>flux turns on
>fps goes to shit
>die
:^(

>not having redshift@2500 on all the time
>not gonna make it

I've been enjoying that for years before being addicted to the computer

>some fullscreen games override f.lux but others don't
>play game for several hours before realizing I've been playing with fucked up colors all this time

No, because I'm not an idiot that uses BRIGHT AS THE FUCKING SUN wallpaper, desktop themes, or websites (Stylish dark themes for sites that are fucking too stupid to give you a dark option).

If you're too dumb to realize that bright shit on your goddamn computer is going to hurt your eyes... I have some bad news for you, your IQ is probably very, very, very low.

Got rid of f.lux when after I made my first million and bout a rMBP, now I can just use the adjust brightness buttons instead.

>flux
>brightness

This. I thought it was pure placebo until I started reading with it. Now I sleep like a baby.

>55264827

f.lux blocks out blue light, you moron.
It's something emanating from your monitor and it has nothing to do with colours you set on your fucking themes.

>blue light
So you want to skew the colors of what you see on your monitor because you're too stupid to fix your own goddamn brightness to not make your eyes bleed?

Holy hell, Dumbest Generation. THINK.

If you can't even tell the difference, what's the point? Just continue playing.

f.lux actually dims the blue pixels, to filter blue light you need a hardware layer, f.lux can't do that, the light coming from the LCD is still as damaging as normal light, it's just easier to concentrate on.

So u support it?

I only used it on my phone, it was a hassle in the army to use the phone at night, it was actually useful then.

Sound stupid on a computer. My monitor also does already blue light filtering.

So yes, it screws up color by dimming the blue.

Sigh.

Yes, of course, how else would a software solution work?
I see the point on phones, in the dark, it really is easier on the eyes.
But on computers? Why just not leave a light on in your room when its dark, it's much healthier on the eyes and prettier colors on the monitor.

Is there a way to turn it on manually? I go to bed before the sun sets here so f.lux is still off by the time I switch off the PC. Ideally I want it on an hour before I sleep.

Why do people use this "blue reducing" software?

It hurts my eyes to look at a yellow as fuck image more than it does to stare into a bright monitor in the dark.

Weird, usually it's the other way around, slightly yellowish dimmed is better than normal dimmed.

>He needs a program to yellow his screen
>He doesn't just use a old second monitor with a yellowed screen

1920x1200, pretty comfy desu