Hello, Sup Forums, so I've been looking to get a cheap disposable PC to take on the go that can play older games...

Hello, Sup Forums, so I've been looking to get a cheap disposable PC to take on the go that can play older games, but keep tripping over things due to lack of familiarity with these new additions to the PC field.

Does anyone have experience with these things? If so, are there any floating out there that can play pre-2009 games reliably at a sub-$200 pricepoint?

Also, stick PC thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Atom-Z520-vs-Intel-Pentium-4-160GHz/m4161vsm15237
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

these things are literally fucking dick sucking awful
they can barely load an operating system let alone play a "game" on it

just buy a t420. Should be able to play old shit.

One word: Atom.

fucking cellphones are faster

> cheap disposable PC
Why do you want to dispose of it?

Whats with the trend of people buying fucking retarded ass TV boxes and Google Cast and whatnot shit.

Buy a laptop use it's HDMI. Big fucking deal.

I have an atom tablet. You are pretty much stuck with 2d games.

They're pretty shit but it can play LoL on very low settings.
Stalker SoC is 30 fps, higher on less intensive areas.

2016 one is improved though

Will definitely play everything pre 2005 (if it's compatible with W10)
And up to 2009 will depend on settings and game, don't expect Crysis.

Just get a laptop, used or whatever.
They're still shit.

Its a thermal throttling piece of shit but you probably want something like this.

Forgot link:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Atom-Z520-vs-Intel-Pentium-4-160GHz/m4161vsm15237

OP wanna order some cheese pizza

>BR shitpost about a decade old atom.

I've got two of them. For shits and giggles, I benchmarked one today, using 3DMark Sky Diver. It scored 317. For reference, my desktop scores 30469 in that same benchmark. No, that is not a typo. I can link you off to the result on the 3DMark site if you don't believe me.

>benchmarking a non existent gpu

at least cinebench it

>Intel HD Graphics
>non-existent
Pick one. It may not have a dedicated GPU, but you wouldn't be able to get video output without a GPU of some kind.

Hue, the newer ones are pretty good, I'm right?

They actually aren't bad, when they're not thermal throttling constantly like the Compute Sticks do.

Fuck off tripfag.

>implying your micro penis would fit in a vagina
do you call that a penis as well?

I bought a 1st gen Compute Stick last year to use as a simple media center + homemade Steam Link. It works *OK*, the built-in wifi sucks and struggles to compete with the built-in bluetooth (easily fixed with a USB dongle), and Big Picture mode runs at like 30FPS even on the lowest res (but that's not a big deal). If you plan on actually running games on it, definitely go for the 2nd gen sticks with Core m3/m5 CPUs (although the m5 doesn't come with Windows pre-installed, for whatever reason)

>the built-in wifi sucks
I can agree with this. It's not as bad if you disable bluetooth, and I have literally never used bluetooth on anything other than a phone or tablet, so that doesn't bother me. I'm still thinking I'll get a USB ethernet adapter next pay day though.

x7-Z8700 (2W). Passmark 1950.
Pentium 4 955 EE (130W). Passmark 905.

10 years of progress.

Greater than double performance at 1/65 the power draw? I'd consider that pretty damn good progress. It's not a high performance chip, stop treating it like it has to be. It's great for low power stuff.

Get a Nvidia Shield K1.

Plenty of shit that it'll run or shit on. Hell you can even throw Linux and run WINE on it. (With some work.)

$200. Great tablet hardware all around. Get a $20 external battery that'll run/charge it for a week straight and a OTG cable+hub for KB+Mouse.

Then root the goddamn thing.

I was being serious.

> literally waste of money

Life is pointless shit.

Everything is a waste of everything.

Do whatever the fuck makes you happy or gets you off.

>Buy compute stick knockoff to make HTPC for father
>Ubuntu linux
>overheats from rendering the scrolling text in Kodi
>when it overheats (70 centigrade is 'overheating') it just shuts down
>spend literally a weeks worth of free time that was needed to study in order to figure out what was causing the heating issue, and how to stop it
Incidentally, it plays h265 1080p video no problem

I bought mine for similar reasons. Saw them on blowout sale at a local computer place, bought the last two for dirt cheap. I run Windows 10 on mine though. One is on the TV in my bedroom, one is on the TV in the living room. Both access video files over my network. No issues with whatever files I throw at it, but freaks the fuck out over YouTube.