144hz is a placebo

>144hz is a placebo

it is

No

>I need a 240hz gaymen monitor to post on Sup Forums with my linux ricebox

Yes

>more than 80% of guitar sound problems can be solved by basic sound manipulation with electronics ,and yet all people do is try to recreate the valve sound.
If you like where gayming hardware is going, look at guitars. This is placebo marked since the transistor era.

just got my benq 144hz monitor,

i am hype

I have a friend who got a 144hz monitor, it was fun just simply moving the mouse around the screen and seeing how smooth it was. I was so impressed just from that

Anything beyond 100hz in 3d games has diminishing returns

good goy

>Get a 144hz IPS monitor for art
>mfw my brush strokes are smooth and input lag free
Its fucking beautiful

almost baited me faggot OP

I have a 144hz monitor. I can definitely notice the difference, but it's not nearly as dramatic as the difference between 30 and 60fps. Next time I buy a monitor, I'll prioritize resolution over hz as long as the monitor is 60hz. That said, I have a Dell S2717DG and it'll probably last me long enough that by the time I upgrade, 4k 144hz will probably be ubiquitous.

This. A 90 or 100hz monitor would be ideal if it cost less than an otherwise equivalent 144hz one.

same fag kys

my 144hz monitor has a 90hz setting and while I dont see much of a difference in 3d stuff, you dont get the super smooth 2d of 120hz and above

smoothness matters only in gaming , and if the monitor is flicker free it doesnt matter at all and you should literally reduce the fps to a number that doesnt burn your internals while displaying the image/video correctly. Although i dont have anything against 144Hz, i would be happier to see a monitor that refreshes only when it gets a new frame from the gpu, and in a quickest manner.

>i would be happier to see a monitor that refreshes only when it gets a new frame from the gnu
This is what Freesync/G-sync does. You can buy a 144hz monitor that only refreshes the screen when the GPU tells it to now.

I'll upgrade when 240hz.

Theres really no point in Free/Gsync when going above 60fps pretty much eliminates any stuttering or screen tearing

Nah fuck that, if my games go below 120 even for a split second, I notice it. Ditching my old 660Ti in the coming weeks to get a more solid 120/144

Great bait. Everyone know it's not a placebo.

>No

Tfw cant do anything on a shitty 60hz monitor anymore

Lightboost at 120hz is superior to 144hz

Games dip from 130 to 110 OMG I CAN SEE THE PIXELS MOMM