He thinks linux gives him freedom

>he thinks linux gives him freedom

Change the theme of your distro in under 10 minutes. Go ahead.

When you give up, buy a Mac and use a real OS, poorfags.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/OSXElCapitan/comments/3mkh55/how_to_kinda_run_flavours_2_on_osx_el_capitan/
warosu.org/g/?task=search2&ghost=yes&search_text=&search_subject=&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=M+lady+m+cat+_0e0e4183685d6b6ea3603709aa0166c7&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_op=all&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pls

>go to settings, select theme, done
why would that take 10 minutes?
Maybe if you are using some old setup where you need to reboot, but even then you have 8 minutes to spare.

>Change the theme of your distro in under 10 minutes
Okay, done. And then I changed it back because I liked what I had.

>When you give up, buy a Mac and use a real OS, poorfags.
A real OS that can't be themed at all? A real OS where the developers, after hearing about a major privilege escalation exploit, take six months to release a patch that doesn't even work? A real OS that doesn't even have an official package manager, and all of its third party package managers suck?

No thank you.

Linux gives me the freedom from the bot net..

>AMD
>Jews
>Not Rajeets and Ahmeds

(((freedom)))

linux doesn't have a package manger too, but os x has mac app store. basically, install freebsd.

Bait thread, report

open control panel
themes
change theme
Done in under 10 seconds.

>mac
>changing anything

The Linux kernel doesn't have a package manager, but every Linux distribution does have one by default. The Mac App Store is not a package manager.

what is mac app store, then?

open flavours application
change theme by clicking on an icon
done

>being this fucking retarded
sudo apt install unity-tweak-tool

I don't think I understand this thread

>unity is the only GNU desktop
I honestly don't even think you trolls are trying any more.

>unity
>being this fucking retarded

Unity is comfy though.

Nothing happens because apple locked you out of your own OS

>muh themes
go to bed kid

wut

The Mac App Store is a store for selling applications.

A package manager is a tool for managing "packages." A package may contain an application, or it may contain a library, documentation, a theme, etc... packages may have dependencies on other packages. A package manager's job is to serve as a one size fits all tool for installing, updating, and managing these sorts of "packages."

If you are a developer, a package manager is your best friend. It makes it easy for you to install a library for you to develop with, without having to compile it and its dependencies from source, or to hunt down binaries while hoping you didn't end up getting an old version from a previous developer who abandoned it and passed the buck onto someone else.

You know, I have seen numerous tools like this for Mac OS X, since at least the days of Tiger. The problem was that as Apple introduced new versions of OS X, the workarounds developers used to tweak the themes ended up not working anymore, because Apple doesn't really have an official API for changing the theme. So for a while, you get to go "hey, look at me, my Mac looks different than yours; I've got a black menu bar and window borderings!" And then with the next release of OS X, you have to look like everyone else for a while until the developers figure out a new hack to bring about theming. I don't know if this is still the case, but in any case, if you want to personalize your computer and actually "think different", OS X is the worst OS to do so on.

>he didn't update
>due to apple's shit policies he's not getting any security fixes
>at least you have your themes

huh?

Mac App store manages .app's, they have all dependencies already inside. Like ubuntu snaps from the 80's.
As for themes breaking, fair enough even though i will stay on mavericks until a critical vulnerability is discovered or when most applications stop supporting it
Mavericks is still supported until Sierra (10.12) releases though

>Change the theme of your distro in under 10 minutes
I can change my WM's theme in mere seconds, with 10 minutes I could switch to an entirely different WM and yet another.

Does it change the login manager theme too, though?
Don't forget, login manager theme and user session theme need to look the same.

i don't have a login manager

I do than in literally in 1 min you shillfag cuck

Yes, you can theme login managers, but the themes are seperate.

i dont use a login manager fag

I can change my theme in under 10 using only software that came included in my distro.

Can you, macfaggot?

my distro of os x includes flavours

do you have the 'tism?
it's a computer, a tool. for the end user, it doesnt have to be a dickwaving competition. that's all you are
a consumer
a leech
a shill

>login manager theme and user session theme need to look the same.
Start using a real OS that can have different themes for user session and login manager.

It's clearly a joke guys. You can't change your theme on a mac.

read this

>Change the theme of your distro in under 10 minutes. Go ahead.
What do you mean by theme?

>Theme: Radiance
Click on this, click on something else in the dropdown menu

OP's task is accomplished. Now what?

super r, lxapperarance, and I have the option to change my gtk theme right away, and things like icon and cursor themes in another tabs

I can edit my lxde-rc.xml to change settings of my window manager, and use another utility to change window decorations, but I don't use them at all

I could change my gtk theme in 10 seconds tops.

>open config file
>change theme
>:wq
>super + r
wow that took like 10 seconds

>mfw mactard is eating shit from his hand near me

Flavors of different shits.

sorry
was meant for

i'm too dunk...

welp im going to buy a mac in my next purchase thanks op

What did the "Pied Piper" thing in this scene even mean

>open theme settings
>tons of pre-installed themes
>even a button to get more
>thousands of themes at a press of a button and less than 10 second install+apply time

stay mad win/mac cück

ok fuck you flavours application is too poor to own shills
same here

???

*opens gnome tweak tool*
*teleports behind you*
*changes theme to arc-dark*

>vi ~.Xresources
simple as that

how about you install a new WM and switch to it in under 30 seconds?

Most distros have a setting built in to change your theme easily.
in mac os the only "theme" setting is the toggle between dark and bright top bar and dock.

>using xfce

>doesn't work in el cap
super useful tool

>When you give up, buy a Mac and use a real OS, poorfags.
Thinks that Mac OS has more themes than poster has fingers...
/thread

>not using mavericks
and it actually does with some fuckery
reddit.com/r/OSXElCapitan/comments/3mkh55/how_to_kinda_run_flavours_2_on_osx_el_capitan/
(inb4 plebbit)
please read the previous posts like

>using Mavericks
Let me guess why
>b-but I hate change! Waah

why won't you upgrade to windows 10? It's free, absolutely new and there is a very high percentage that you own a windows license already, bundled with motherboards or laptops.

>UI's a clusterfuck
>datamining
>forced updates
>Windows

the only sane DE choice in 2016

warosu.org/g/?task=search2&ghost=yes&search_text=&search_subject=&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=M+lady+m+cat+_0e0e4183685d6b6ea3603709aa0166c7&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_op=all&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post
lmao you fucking autist

the really funny thing is i can search the other images you always post here and according to the archive you really do spend your entire day doing this

really sad desu

Where does theme switching come into play regarding muh software freedom?
bewildered_stallman.jpg

It takes 10 minutes because people get very touchy about exactly how they want their theme to work.

faggot.