Fat32 is starting to suck

FAT64 when?
Are there any new file systems that are universally supported?

exFAT is listed directly below FAT32 in your own picture, retard.

do you even read
>universally supported
lol fag

It runs on Windows, Mac OS and GNU/Linux distributions. I suppose it won't be supported by some appliances but they wouldn't support a mystical FAT64 a any time soon.

exFAT is fat64 you fucking retard
fat32 and exFAT are both developed by microsoft

the only reason exfat isnt widely supported is because ntfs already existed. there is literally no reason for exfat to exist.

>the only reason exfat isnt widely supported is because ntfs already existed. there is literally no reason for exfat to exist.
NTFS is too bloated for USB drives and similar use-cases.

> literally no reason for exfat to exist.

exFAT wasn't supported by the oscilloscopes in my uni's lab. Tried to write a screenshot of my waveform to the USB but the scope never detected the it. My friend's was FAT32 and it worked no problem.

>2016
>FAT
It's like Windows kids aren't even trying to think any more.

ntfs is faster than exfat though
which is kinda useful for things like 64GB usb3 flash drives

What's the point of arguing over dated file systems? Everyone just stores their shit in the cloud now!

you can partition your flash drive, you know. Just put a small FAT32 partition as the first partition.

FAT is like HFS+, archaic. Just use fuckin NTFS or Ext4 or APFS or something

That's a bullshit workaround. FAT32 should really only have legacy support and that's it. We need a new file system that's near-universally, whether that be exFAT or something new I don't care but I'm tired of shit like the 4GB file restriction for FAT32 among other issues.

exFAT is patent-encumbered and Microsoft charges a really pretty penny for it

Even if we have a new filesystem your oscilloscope won't suddenly support that.

Also for an universal fs it has to be really primitive (so drivers can be implemented even on 8bit uC-s) and patent/license free.

tfw i had the same problem, but NTFS worked and FAT32 not X-D

What FAT. Im not fat lol. XDDD

Use UDF?

All the major desktop operating systems support it, that's as close as any filesystem will get to universal support. If you want every random device that'll do something with a USB drive to support it, you're dreaming.

Ur momma so FAT that her photo takes up over 4GBs

I love how the image implies that there are commercially available 1EB drives

So was FAT32 until the patents expired a few years ago. FAT32 was far from universal because of that. Just ignore the patents and install exFAT support like everyone used to for FAT32, it's the exact same situation except exFAT is newer.

>fat32 is starting to suck
>starting
I don't know what you're talking about. It sucked the first time I used it on Windows 98.