Why the bloody fuck is this motherfucking shit allowed? Whoever came up with it should be taken from the grave and shot

Why the bloody fuck is this motherfucking shit allowed? Whoever came up with it should be taken from the grave and shot.

Other urls found in this thread:

nl.hardware.info/product/173371/logitech-g510-gaming-keyboard-uk/fotos
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no the person that needs to be found and shot was the guy who thought the ISO enter key was acceptable in any way, shape, or form.

Weird way if saying ANSI. The enter key should be made much more convenient and easy to press.

it is much worse that the special characters are so different from language to language.
When I have to use a foreign keyboard, I xmodmap the shit out of it so it gets somewhat familiar.

On a related note: when do you use the right shift and ctrl?
When someone decides to remove keys, they always go for the menu, printscreen or insert keys. And the right ctrl/shift keys are always there. why?

>my fingers are so fat that I need a fuckhuge enter key
Sigh.

>Have ANSI
>never miss the enter key
I am a literal god

cause they're weird sizes.

The ANSI one is much more convenient since the pinky doesn't need to reach as far.

>ISO fags butthurt that their shit layout is going to become extinct and forgotten before long, as ANSI master layout completes it's keyboard domination
>mfw

Agreed that looks fucking awful

>Ctrl in the far corner
>not a little to the right

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

>when do you use keys that are important to touch typing
>why don' manufacturers remove keys that are important to touch typing
Are you brain damaged?

Whoever created a proper return key should be shot? Why?

I touch type and never use the right shift or control because they're too far away from the letter keys. Plus my keyboard is usually shifted to the left a bit to make room for the mouse which makes my right hand come in at an angle making them basically impossible to hit.

There really should be a new standard for keyboards that actually gets widespread adoption.

I just fell in love with the British layout

I bought it by accident, and fell for the gaymin keyboard

But I just love the extra key in the left corner, I use it to mute or push to talk

It's too small and can totally frustrate and ruin your cosing rhythm if you miss, which you are way kore likely to do with the tiny enter key.

No, it's perfect. The ISO return key is larger in the wrong way. I don't need more vertical space, I need the return key to be wider so my pinky doesn't have to travel as much. You just don't like it because you're used to the bullshit ISO key.

I don't think I've ever used right ctrl, but I use right-shift more often than left-shift when typing

>all this dust

clean your shit, you pig.

also who here /disabled-capslock/

Disabling caps lock would mean I couldn't use caps lock, so no

Are you too poor to afford a cloth?

hmm, now that I made the photo it does indeed look disgusting, alright, cleaning time

>removing any keys besides the numpad
And that's how I know you don't use hotkeys
Right ctrl + left/right arrow is the best tab switching method

>unironically uses the caps-lock key
kys.

>TFW hhkb and that key is your delete key

Because you need that part to put one extra key in different languages without changing the layout. I was able to change to a different keyboard layout with zero hassle because the gaps in the plastic build fits fine with keyboard. That's why you have a long left or right shift and large or small enter.

For example in Turkish keyboard "" symbols and "|" is found on left shift as a single key but shift is divided in two so it's much smaller. But you can change the keyboard because there is enough space for second button to pop out.

Also right and left shift and ctrl can't be removed for accessibility requirements. You can mimic this situation by sleeping on your side and try to use hotkeys with one hand.

Whoever came up with these should be kissed on the forehead for saving much trouble.

Are you really badmouthing ANSI? ISO has a dedicated plus-minus key. A FUCKING PLUS-MINUS KEY.
And in order to put it there they shrunk the left shift, aka the only shift key right-handed people use.

ISO a shit.

I have a nordic keyboard, so i never have to worry about the enter key shrinking into a small piece of shit

well, cleaning is a lot harder on this keyboard then I expected, anything else I can use to clean it

that weird cleaning keyboard putty?

A vacuum with the furniture brush tip works well for me. It's designed to get dush out of corners.

>Right ctrl + left/right arrow is the best tab switching method
what about ctrl + tab?

Awkward to use with your right hand

then use it with your left hand
its more natural than right ctrl + arrow key

>my fingers are so fat, your girlfriend prefers them over your dick

Many times you want your left hand to be free. This way you can free either hand.

Iso a shit
>giant enter key for literally no reason

>mfw i have a japanese layout keyboard
Quotes are on shift 2, single quotes on shift 7, half my other symbols are in different places and need shift when they didn't used to, my backspace key is a single key width and I have that motherfucker of a Return key.

It's been almost three months on this keyboard and I am still getting used to it.

Its osi u retard

My experience is that getting used to is not worth it. If you are coding you should just stick to English US because it is the keyboard in which the programming languages are developed and has the easiest access to characters used in programming.

Just use an ANSI keyboard with a big ass enter, but enjoy your shitty backslash (and possibly backspace) key(s).

Don't you think you're taking this weeb obsession a bit too far

my IBM keyboard has that though

OP isn't a complete retard for a change

So when I'm roaming through C headers and have to fuck with metric shit-tons of macros; I should just hold down shift the whole time?

My caps lock is my compose key.

i disabled it with a registry keymap but sometimes when gaming a weird key combination turns CapsLock on. And since the key is technically still disabled i cant turn it off again, not even through the onscreen keyboard
needed to "write" an AHK script by copypasting letters the first time it happened

>fuck hueg enter key
>tiny ass left shift (the superior shift key)
why is this shit allowed?

>tfw canadian keyboard
>to access the braces i need to press the equivalent of right ctrl and 7/8

never had that on any
even then just get the fucking US keyboard version, most places still sell them because they know we dont care about the quebecois

but i NEED the accented characters though

Just drown the keyboard in a tub of alcohol and let it dry without using heat or the sun and shit is gucci.

>using standard keyboard layouts

Mommy not cleaning your room any more, Dakota?

you can still type accent aigu and all that shit without a physically canadian french/english keyboard

>just drown the keyboard in a tub of alcohol

that sounds like it's going to break things

Autism.

How is this British? It just looks like US keyboard with an ISO vertical Return key

Also next to the return key hould be the #(~) key, not the \(|) key

Wow, I'm amazed you can use that.

Nope it won't break user. Why do you think they drench some components with alcohol?

A 91% or 99% isopropyl alcohol solution is perfectly safe, the rest of the 9% or 1% is distilled water which is non conductive, so no worry of short circuits.

Alcohol is also very quick drying, I'd still personally give it a once over with a brush or a cloth just for a good scrub.

well.. when I bought it at a store here in holland it had (Uk Layout) in the name

nl.hardware.info/product/173371/logitech-g510-gaming-keyboard-uk/fotos

hence I thought this was the standard Uk keyboard layout

This. Non I have a Razer Mamba and Logitech keyboards that I found but they are full of this weird looking crust. It's almost like if they jizzed all over them. How should I approach cleaning them?

I live in country where ANSI layout is unheard of, and after buying a keyboard with it I can never go back to ISO.

does anyone know what layout this is?

looks like ISO.. but it just doesn't seem right

The best choice is remapping Caps Lock to be Ctrl, as god intended, and making Shift+Caps Lock use it normally.

But if you don't mind straining your pinky all the time, then keep your shitty caps lock key.

>still QWERTY
pure trash

it works out to be highly efficient actually
barely have to move my hands, helps a lot with RSI
even regularly used key combinations like shift + 1 are still two button presses
I realize its not quite up to date with what I'm actually using but the same for the f row in that there is one below but with control appended instead of shift
it seems odd but having customized it myself it's quite natural

>implying there aren't valid uses for caps lock

Remove key caps and give them a nice scrub with an alcohol soaked rag. If the crusty stuff is sizable, give it a quick once over with a vacuum on a low power setting.

I have a workman layer on there too, used to be learning colemak but am making the switch
eventually once my colemak is faster than my qwerty I'll switch it over, not like anyone at work can use this keyboard anyways

I haven't bothered trying workman on a staggered keyboard, back when I was learning colemak something about the staggered keys on regular keyboards was just fucking with my RSI in regular typing. I dont plan on really using staggered keyboards much anymore so I suppose it isn't too much of a problem now though.

ANSI >> ISO

??

It's membrane so how would I remove everything nicely? There is crust on the keys and dirt behind everything.

>Not Dvorak

Which is why ANSI is better.

I type 120 wpm and only use left shift. Why would you ever need to use right shift?

I'm sure I'm showing my age here, but that enter key on the left can go fuck itself.

You don't _need_ but it balances the straing on both pinky fingers.

strain*

the enter key sits on the home row in ANSI. All you have to do is move your pinky anywhere between 3 and 6 cm to the right and you're hitting enter. It can't really get easier than that user.

the ISO layout requires more horizontal accuracy and less vertical accuracy, but vertical accuracy should never be an issue if your hands are already on the home row, so you're ultimately just making it harder to press without looking at

>making shift, a frequently used key, a tiny little nothing on the left side but keeping its full side on the right, "this key will only ever be touched by accident" side

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

my laptop's layout

fucking mind-boggling decisions here, I've had it for more than two years and I still have to look around for `~

jesus fucking christ. literally.

So much wasted space.

Leftie here, i ALWAYS use the right half. Shame theres no lefty ESC key

Jap keyboards are superior because they don't have a fuck huge spacebar wasting four keys worth of space.